September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART FOUR!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home and am flying high! OMG that show rocked! :faint: :love: Did seats this time around and had an awesome view. Was almost like GA for me except this time my feet weren't screaming in pain lol.

Your Blue Room :drool:

anyone used earplugs?
:shifty:

I meant to bring earplugs, actually (left them in the hotel room...), but the sound was actually really good as far as not being too loud or piercing, and I have sensitive ears when it comes to that. Though this could of course change depending on the venue.

i wore earplugs for both shows since i'm not feeling 100%. didn't want to risk anything as it seems like there's some fluid in there. i could still hear everything fine though.

i didnt wear any ear plugs tonight, and as we speak i do not have ringing ears.

that does not mean it wasnt loud, because it was off the wall. the vibrations were crazy

So people with non VIP tickets and stuff were allowed into redzone areas and stuff? That seems odd. Or maybe there was extra room so they were letting people in?

Well what was weird was there were alot of people outside rail when we got there last night and on both sides we saw Red Signs that said REDZONE VIP ONLY but when I talked to the security guy he said go ahead..... but no we were not technically in The Red Zone last night we were inside pit

1:09am and I'm not even tired

Humming YBR since I saw them play it

Adding: I saw a guy with earplugs....surprised he wasn't wearing a dress too

-dan

Dan:wave:

2:30a.m. @ Super 8 Wide Awake In America!

Please accept my sincerest apologies Dan I was very frustrated/aggravated up until tonight's show to try & logistically meet anyone...tonight we got to SF at about 6:00p.m.

Earplugs is like ...... well let me give the G Rated Version it is like eating a steak w/ a balloon around your tongue

Just got home and am flying high! OMG that show rocked! :faint: :love: Did seats this time around and had an awesome view. Was almost like GA for me except this time my feet weren't screaming in pain lol.

Your Blue Room :drool:

AGREED ! SEATS was so nice tonight & no ten mile walk prior to the show:up:

I will not be long but let me say I take back every complaint I made yesterday b/c tonight was PHENEMONAL !!!!!!!!

Bono must have downed some Red Bull right before the show

He did one full lap at a fast speed then later did a jog around w/ a small boy

UTEOTW Rocked The Place

We were in section 353 tonight straight behind the stage everyone around us was GREAT we had plenty of room no wacko's around us although I did hear one guy scream really loud "New Year's Day!!!!!" right as WOWY started but it was kinda funny

One suggestion for those attending multiple shows if you do GA try to do at least one show from the seats even if they are high up b/c WOW it is really really good!!!!! I don't think there was a bad seat in the whole place

Amazing Grace into Streets brought tears to my eyes!

Best U2 Concert for me !!!!! Only my third but still

I take back what I said too.... Stadium OVER Arena:drool:

Ok, trying to make difficult decisions here. Outer rail front or inner circle back rail? What I'm hearing the most of is outer rail obviously, but here's my situation, any input greatly appreciated! :D

I'm 5'9", and I don't mind a little pushing, as long as I don't get knocked over. (one of my favorite concerts was in a crazy mosh pit at Dropkick Murphys) And I would prefer to have something to lean against. This will be my first U2 show and I'm going with my sister who is a little shorter than me. I will probably start lining up around 6am (Boston).

So outer or inner? I can stand my ground, so I could take the inner, but if outer really is a better vantage point and atmosphere, I'll do that. Also, how often do U2 utilize the ramp/catwalk? If im next to the ramp, will they definitely be walking by me or do they ony use part of the ramp? I woud try to be in the front row but I've heard that the stage is so high and you can't take in the rest of the atmosphere really..I do want to be as close to U2 as possible though! Oh and do they reach down and shake hands with the fans or anything or are they too high up? And which row fills up faster: first row at backrail inner circle or first row outer circle? Sorry for the lengthy description but I have waited so long to finally see U2 and I want the best experience possible! :D Thanks!

At 5'9 inner circle back rail might be ok but let me forewarn you even those that I saw in that spot were SQASHED!

Tonight Bono did reach down during UTEOTW from what I could see on The Claw's Screen

Outer Rail which is what we moved to right before One last night was nice b/c you have room it all depends on how bad someone HAS to be close to the stage to me it is not worth all the BS you have to put up with although someone FOS row Uno might be ok

i didn't wear earplugs either night. first time i was behind the stage, the second time i had seats so high i was looking down on almost all of the claw. no noticeable impact on my hearing either time, walked out of the venue with no tinnitus whatsoever.

I will not be long but let me say I take back every complaint I made yesterday b/c tonight was PHENEMONAL !!!!!!!!

Bono must have downed some Red Bull right before the show

He did one full lap at a fast speed then later did a jog around w/ a small boy

UTEOTW Rocked The Place

We were in section 353 tonight straight behind the stage everyone around us was GREAT we had plenty of room no wacko's around us although I did hear one guy scream really loud "New Year's Day!!!!!" right as WOWY started but it was kinda funny

One suggestion for those attending multiple shows if you do GA try to do at least one show from the seats even if they are high up b/c WOW it is really really good!!!!! I don't think there was a bad seat in the whole place

Best U2 Concert for me !!!!! Only my third but still

I take back what I said too.... Stadium OVER Arena:drool:

it did me as well:) i was just saying earlier to someone i wish they would snippet that, and there it was:)

I decided not to camp out and just arrive when ever I felt like it. So I arrived when they were letting people in...around 6 PM. I was only 20 yards from the front of the stage. I could see everything very well. The band seemed so close. Camping out all day is a fucking joke!

i'm surprised about all the GA bashing. i had the time of my life! i did the camp out thing, but i don't see why that's such an issue to begin with? i've camped for much of my adult life. i love the sense of adventure that comes with it, the GA camping experience being no exception. after practically shitting my pants at the soundcheck, i went to crunk it up at one of the most bizarre pubs i've been to. then i slept in a park near the stadium, and was woken up by stupid sprinklers but got a free shower, then went to the queue at 5. sidenote: someone was totally smokin' the ganja that early and did not share! you know who you are!!!!!

yeah there was some tension in the beginning with the 2 lines, but then security solved that conflict by creating a pen. was fine for me! my only beef with that is that those of us up front in the tunnel was pretty cramped. it was like a refugee camp. i felt a little claustrophobic, so i kept leaving to take walks around the city, visit friends, etc. i practically fell to my knees when i saw there were actual washrooms. i was expecting the ports!

things got a little mad once allowed in the stadium because we weren't given wristbands yet. so they had to punch the tix and put on wrist bands, which took awhile. then they failed at crowd control when they only opened up the right side of the pen to enter the field. yeah, that did suck, since i was on the left. but that part really only lasted about 20 minutes, and compared to my 10ish hours of queueing up, it wasn't all that significant.

i still managed to get a fantastic spot, edge side of the inner rail. plenty of fun interaction with the band. dallas even tossed over edge's water to me (i cuddled with it instead of drank it, and spent $2 on a powerade as i left the stadium). the people around me were awesome (word to AtomicBono) with the exception of sketch dude who told me he was gonna "put something in me" uh wtf??? anyway, we weren't super cramped, there was plenty of room for AB and i to mosh the fuck out during "let me in the sound." i had the time of my life and would do it all over again.

Not sure if Chelsea posted the pictures I sent her...but I also walked in at 6 and was 8 people from the outside walkway slightly off dead center towards Adams side

Either the line was longer or they let everyone in slower, but it took longer (even considering they started closer to 515p)

As I walked into the stadium I paid closer attention and noticed a lot of people milling around the concourse, concession and merchandise stand....why go through the time waiting in line and not claim a spot right away?!?!?!!!?!

those people are part of the reason you can walk in after the line goes in and get a good spot.

-dan

Just popping in to say Hi!

Second nights are almost always better!

We had a great view of Edge's side of the stage (and the whole inner circle) from section 438. Ours was the lame section where the people in the front part weren't standing (the only people in the stadium!). We were standing (row 14 and up).

When I get a second, I'll post some pictures of the inner circle, so people can try and see themselves.

I can't wait to read more about what other people thought. Safe travels home everyone. We don't drive back until tomorrow. (actually have to get some work done today and tomorrow, too)

Mark

All showered and packed...last post before I check out

I'll blog all the thank you's tomorrow

Chicago, you were fantastic

:wave:

-dan

GA Questions

I have GA seats at Giants Stadium and I was wondering what time people got to Soldier Field and what kidn of GA Spots they got? Not necessarily inside the circle but also not a mile away from the stage.

We walked in just before 7pm and got inner circle on side (basically in front of red zone)

it might have been a fluke :)

It was great to hang with dan and see rosa!

oh man!

We walked in just before 7pm and got inner circle on side (basically in front of red zone)

it might have been a fluke :)

It was great to hang with dan and see rosa!

Chrisedge! How did you manage that? Did you have to ask for directions to the inner circle or something? We got there around 5:30 and were 20 rows back from the outer rail. No fair! :) just kidding, good for you guys!

Let me be clear I had ZERO wait in any line except a 30 second wait for them to scan our tickets and put on the bracelet & if I did not ask Security by VIP/RED ZONE Gate Adam's Side if we could go in there I would have assumed like my wife we were not allowed....

The red zone area doesn't seem like a great spot to be in to be honest with you. It seemed like everyone was piled onto each other in the corner. Last night some guy tried to barge his way in there smacking and pushing some women around and had the audacity to say he had been there the whole time. The look on his face when the security guys told him to get out of there was priceless.

Just got home and had an amazing time. First night was good second night was great. Observations
1. Walked in to GA at 5PM and hung around the soundboard for a while then ventured up closer and got a great spot right outside the RZ on Adam's side.
2. The GA area outside looked like a war zone.
3. Two homeless guys were making a killing on all the discarded chairs, blankets, umbrella's and anything else they could get their hands on. So know that if your stuff was no longer there it went to a good cause. Same guys the second night the amount of stuff they collected was insane. Very friendly though
4. Second night seats in 141 - seemed like a whole fan club section which was nice to be around a bunch of other dorks that freaked when YBR was played and knew all the songs to the new album
5. Outside the hotel was crazy on Saturday - almost dangerous.

Snapshot of Sunday night after the show:

Walking up Roosevelt and hearing U2 blaring out of every open car window that drove by!

Chrisedge! How did you manage that? Did you have to ask for directions to the inner circle or something? We got there around 5:30 and were 20 rows back from the outer rail. No fair! :) just kidding, good for you guys!

We first tried Edges side and just asked. Nice lady said this side was full but they were still letting people in on Adams side. Went over walked in and got the yellow wristbands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom