RTÉ 2XM played the NLOTH B-Side Today (Discussion Only)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This version has a Achtung Baby outtake vibe to it for me. I'm not too fond of Bono's singing though. It sounds strained or almost off key in parts :reject: Overall, I'm just way too excited to hear new material to really know what to think of it yet.

This version has a Achtung Baby outtake vibe to it for me. I'm not too fond of Bono's singing though. It sounds strained or almost off key in parts :reject: Overall, I'm just way too excited to hear new material to really know what to think of it yet.

Bono's voice doesn't sound strained to me....he sounds youthful and definitely feeling the Achtung Baby vibes in me...once again!!! :applaud:

Can't wait to hear the album version.

Where are all the reviews of NLOH2?

Can't find em anywhere. Surely by now many folks have had a listen. Sorry if this thread is needless. Just plop it into the right spot and I will follow :hyper:

I like it overall. It has great AB energy, though the chorus does taking some getting used to. But it's ok. The song reminds me a bit of Lady With a Spinning Head. I didn't take immediately to the backup vocals of No Line! No Line! toward the end...but after a couple of listens, I'm digging it. At least it's got a bit dense feel, which I think is a good thing.

Can't find em anywhere. Surely by now many folks have had a listen. Sorry if this thread is needless. Just plop it into the right spot and I will follow :hyper:

I like it overall. It has great AB energy, though the chorus does taking some getting used to. But it's ok. The song reminds me a bit of Lady With a Spinning Head. I didn't take immediately to the backup vocals of No Line! No Line! toward the end...but after a couple of listens, I'm digging it. At least it's got a bit dense feel, which I think is a good thing.

Hopefully we will see some soon.. some people just woke up.. :lol:

The guitar work sounds like T-rex/Mark Bolan. Not exactly a bad thing, but I am SOOO glad that Eno convinced them to put the better version on the album. Plus when it gets to the chorus, you can tell that the song was not meant to fit this style. It was written to be something else.

And you would be wrong on that count...I don't like the song will suffice...saying it sounds like shit...well I didn't know Mozart posted here

Just to clarify, because you seem to have taken offense: I wrote that comment under the influence of very little sleep, a fever, and the disappointment of not hearing the album version (which I was -- and still am -- extremely excited to hear.) That little 45 second clip we have of the album version of NLOTH has pretty much reaffirmed my faith in this band, along with the clips of Magnificent, MOS, Fez/Being Born, and Breathe. So was my earlier response a knee-jerk reaction? Probably. I'm not quite as opposed to the song as I was this morning. But just to make this perfectly clear, I'm entitled to think that something sounds like shit if I want to. Just like you're entitled to think that something sounds incredible. You might want to familiarise yourself with a term called "subjective taste."

I've listened to NLOTH2 a couple of times now, and I just really don't like it. It's too fast and that little guitar lick on the right channel irritates me. I'm pretty sure I'll love the album version, though, so I take comfort in that.

New U2...my favorite thing in the world is hearing a new sond for the first time. I think there are probably better tracks on the new album (honestly...I think Magnificent will be epic), but this is great. I love the more sonic sounding band. And jusdging by the 45-sec clips, we may get a lot of variety this time around. I am very pleased with this song and GOYB. Can't wait for a full listen...including "Winter."

i said this before already, but i really consider this a "fun" mix of the album version, based on what i heard from the 45 second clip. the album version will be much more layered and atmosperic.

i definitely don't mind the band throwing this out there to try to help hold us over another 2 weeks.

Mikal,I don't know....this for me is just fine,I would have loved it as is on the album....I'm hoping that the album version lives up to expectations.

It's interesting that one of the lucky persons that was invited to hear the album "Aussiegirl" on the Zootopia forum said that the album version is even more "rockier" than this version ....I guess it kicks in just as the 30 second clip ended...I hope so

LWTSH, less-layered and more punk-ish.

I would compare it to something off U27 or the Achtung outtakes. It sounds groovy.

Also, it has similar harmonies to "Love in an Elevator":hmm:

Thanks for the descriptions.

I'm super familiar with U27...Big Girls are Best and Always - I believe is what you're referring to?

Seems like LWTSH keeps coming up during the album song descriptions. It tells me that this album is going to sound alot like A-Baby. :up:

Is this a joke? I hate it. I found it completely boring. Edge's guitar was nothing if not predictable and the vocals are just weird.

it's a remix people! not the album version....you want new U2 or not?! Good or bad, better than any other crap you hear out there these days...not to mention they don't have to steal other peoples hooks like some bands I won't metion (Song of the Year...F'n joke!)
Jeez
bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch...

I thought the melody and all that was great, but I think it fits better in a slower, more rhythmic pace. It's just a bit too fast and I personally feel that starting the album with a song with the same kind of rock-style as GOYB would make those who didn't like GOYB even more disappointed and perhaps make an opinion of the full album before even checking out the rest. I liked GOYB so this was a okay listen, but no more. The album-version seems to be alot better judging from the 30-second clip of NLOTH.

I think people assuming that the album track is the "Eno, Ambient" version are mistaken (of course I could be too...but doubt it).

Every single description of the NLOTH track in reviews has stated it's a punk version, in some cases, the descriptions have mentioned the song starts out a little slow, and then BOOM it picks up.

You can even hear in the 45 second clip as it fades out that the tempo seems to be picking up a little bit.

This NLOTH2 clip is interesting. It's good, and is something to hold us over for the next week or two until we get new live performances, or a leak.

Remember, this song is a bside for a reason. And I believe Will.ia.m had his hands on it as well, so that should relieve any fears of any work he's done on the album. I didn't hear any "my humps" in this song :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom