rose bowl dvd....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the bluray twice. I can honestly say that the band was in top form. Especially Bono....BUT for the quality of the bluray I was extremely disappointed. The picture was very dark & very grainy.

Can you please confirm if the bluray is region locked or not?

This has to be an error - correct? I'm a little afraid to order...

I ordered it today and received a confirmation email saying that the order was "accepted". Since it is through Live Nation, I don't think there will be any problems. Most reputable online stores will honor the listed price.

But the bluray quality isnt that great. After watching the Dark Knight & Avatar and other bluray stuff...the quality of this show is no where as close. I cant understand why its so damn grainy.
:shrug: DVD looks fine IMO. I think they wanted to make it feel more like a movie. You know, like R&H maybe.

Also the way they edited a few of the songs with the old school overlapping effect completely took away from some of the songs - Ultraviolet & Moment of Surrender.

I liked it. ZooTV has them, PopMart has them, even U23D had a few.

U2.com posted Breathe from the Rose Bowl. :hyper:

But it doesn't work. :sad:

Supposedly it's been reported. I assume it will be fixed sometime after the release day. :happy:

Just watched on Sky1-HD and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the show - not as good as the European shows, but good in its own right.

Look forward to seeing if the Bluray picture quality is better than the broadcast - it was better than DVD but not what I'd expect from HD. I trust the sound will be stellar...

Hopefully the other songs will have more wide/panoramic shots of the crowd, stadium and Claw. Roll on Monday!

The Super Deluxe Box Set is available through Live Nation currently for $39.99. Don't know how long this link will last though.

U2com 360 At The Rose Bowl (2 DVD Super Deluxe Box Set)] | Live Nation Merchandise

I ordered it. I'm very curious to see when it'll actually ship.

Holy shit! I just ordered it, too. Wow, that's less than 1/3rd of the cheapest price I've found here in Canada so far ($125).

Thanks so much for the heads up! :up:

Holy shit! I just ordered it, too. Wow, that's less than 1/3rd of the cheapest price I've found here in Canada so far ($125).

Thanks so much for the heads up! :up:

Good deal but the negatives are they seem to charge sales tax (at least in California) and standard parcel post shipping is overpriced at almost $8. You can get expedited shipping for about $24 though. I think I'm going to wait to hear what's on the single before buying the box though and just sticking with the Blu-ray purchase at Best Buy for $16.99 Thursday.

T.B.

Good deal but the negatives are they seem to charge sales tax (at least in California) and standard parcel post shipping is overpriced at almost $8. You can get expedited shipping for about $24 though. I think I'm going to wait to hear what's on the single before buying the box though and just sticking with the Blu-ray purchase at Best Buy for $16.99 Thursday.

T.B.

Expedited (but with no tracking number) shipping to Canada is $13. Standard delivery would have been $9. No sales tax because we're not California residents. We could be charged a duty fee once it crosses the border, but in my experience, I've never had to pay that for anything I've received from the US. So, with shipping and the exchange rate (which is very good right now), I'm paying around $55 Canadian for something that would have cost me $125 Canadian to order at the cheapest price I could find it for, here. Seems like a no-brainer to me. :) And even if I do get dinged with a duty fee, it won't be that much.

I did regular shipping, and my total cost (US) came to still under $50. I can buy that one AND a 2-disc one this week and have two for less than the cost that Amazon has the big edition.

Because I'm impatient and am assuming that LiveNation will be telling me "oops, sorry, not out until the 22nd", I'll still buy a 2-disc version on Thursday at a local store (probably Best Buy) so I can watch it right away and then will probably give it as a gift or something after I get the big edition.

Why would they sell it for $40? Its gotta be a mistake. I would cave and get it too but I'm too impatient to wait. I'd rather just get the two-disc on Thursday.

If they won't honor the price, I'll cancel or return it.

But I ended up getting the big deluxe edition of NLOTH through Amazon.uk thanks to their original pricing error - they honored their mistake.

I had it preordered way back when they originally posted it at that price and they canceled my order. The excuse they gave was that the content had substantially changed. They can't make that argument now, but I'm sure Live Nation has it in the fine print that they can cancel at any time for any reason. :shrug:

I'm fine with them cancelling it - I can live without the super deluxe, but I couldn't pass it up for that price.

I remember posts talking about orders from somewhere being cancelled; I'd forgotten it was Live Nation. We'll see what happens!

I had it preordered way back when they originally posted it at that price and they canceled my order. The excuse they gave was that the content had substantially changed. They can't make that argument now, but I'm sure Live Nation has it in the fine print that they can cancel at any time for any reason. :shrug:

How long ago was this? I'm resigned to the fact that they'll probably cancel the order, but if they did, we could make the argument that they have had more than sufficient time to update their website with the correct price, but they failed to.

doesnt anyone else remember that the very first day that U2.com announced the versions of the dvd, the super deluxe had the exact same content as now and was 40 dollars. Then they claimed they were "figuring out the content" or something like that. When all they really did was almost triple the price and add nothing.

With all this in mind, the fact that it says something like "box set content to be determined" makes me a little nervous.

All the other sites have the content - why don't you?

Dumbasses.

Shouldn't it have three DVD's?

The Super Deluxe set has 3 DVD's, doesn't it: one Blu Ray, one standard and the extras for the standard. Something doesn't seem right here...

I also bought it. I've been thinking about it like all day, but just decided to get it. Hopefully, they don't cancel the order or try changing the price at the last minute. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom