religion for agnostics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twochordcool

Acrobat
I can't say for sure what I believe as far as religion goes...

but I feel SO GOOD when I am at a U2 concert!

I'm a 38 year old man, and I have cried at some point at every U2 concert I have ever been to!!!

Am I alone here or do you know exactly what I mean?

Maybe I am too soft!!!

Nah, ur fine. i usually get a little misty eyed during "Streets" and "One" myself. They were played back to back on this tour, so it was just a double shot of emotion for me! I feel that some of U2's music brings me closer to religeon than church ever has. No shame in the way you feel.... YOU AREN'T THE ONLY ONE!

I hear you.

And let me add, after two tours and 20 shows of not making it in, I finally got in the ellipse for my last show in Hartford, and man, that truly is the Promised Land! :drool:

There is just so much beauty in their lyrics - couple that with how Bono brings up children onto the stage to shout "NO MORE" during "Sunday Bloody Sunday"...and gets everyone in the audience singing...

and it's such a musical rollercoaster ride - songs that ROCK perfectly mixed with "feel good" songs and "ballads" -

they really are the greatest band in the world - NO OTHER BAND compares -

and sadly, there really is no close second either - who could pick up that torch after it burns out for U2?

Something tells me they are the last of the greatest and I will feel very fortunate in the end to have experienced them -

and their timeless music will live on FOREVER - I threw on "The Unforgettable Fire" for the first time in a long time the other day - SIMPLY AAMMAAZZIINNGG!!

Back
Top Bottom