Red Hill Mining Town Video !!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
t8thgr8 said:
this video wouldve destroyed them

hahaha :lol:

not going to watch this til I get the dvd but that comment has made me wonder what the hell i'm in for

Hey, who's that guy doing the really over-the-top Bono impersonation? I keep thinking that, if he were wearing some cat-eye glasses, he would be indistinguishable from Lisa Loeb in that video for her song "Stay" in the 1990's (minus the canaries).

"Alright guys, so here's how this video's going to go down. We want the good looking one .... Larry ... yes, Larry ... you're going to go stand by the poll and hit it with a metal stick .... for how long? ... I guess the whole song. Alright. Then the singing guy, Bono. Yeah, what you're gonna do is walk around the coal mine singing all the lyrics. Just walk around and do things that you think fit with the lyrics. Maybe you should ... hang on those chains there when you say 'I'm hanging on.' Ha. I crack myself up. That's clever. Alright. Sounds like a plan .... oh, there's other band members? Oh. Well have them stand over there .... you want them to do something? For fuck's sake ... well, I'm watching some of my sister-in-law's birds. Yeah, in those cages over there. Maybe they could let them fly around ... I don't know maybe have them in their hands and then release them. I see it in movies sometimes. OK. Let's do this."

^ dont forget bono stand by the little cage with the bird in it we need that to be in every shot.

gareth brown said:

hahaha :lol:

not going to watch this til I get the dvd but that comment has made me wonder what the hell i'm in for

The whole band just walks around in an abandoned(?) mine. Some notable moments:

1. Bono stretching and looking intensely into the camera.

2. Larry just standing in the same spot for 5 minutes hitting a wall with a pick axe to somehow represent past mining endeavors in Dublin and abroad.

3. Adam copping Prince by releasing a handful of canaries at the camera. Why? I have no idea at this juncture.

It's really a great video though. Anything that makes me laugh like that couldn't be all bad. :up:

LemonMelon said:
Somebody make a GIF of Adam releasing the canaries. I'll be your friend for life. :drool:

Ok so I'm not a gif pro or anything but here's my attempt :lol:

adambird.gif

Perfect reaction to this video is WTF! :huh:

And the shot with Edge releasing the bird was even more hilarious than the Adam one! :lmao:

Last edited:
Roland of Gilead said:
It would of been cool if they all bit the heads off those birdies. It just might of saved them in this video. :wink:

I thought maybe Larry could come by and bang some of the cages... not the little birdies though.... good god, think of the little birdies!

Sicy said:
I'll never understand why no matter what U2 does, someone is always unhappy:lol:

Are you freaking kidding me? This is not a case of "no matter what they do, you guys are unhappy"! This video is terrible!

Roland of Gilead said:
It would of been cool if they all bit the heads off those birdies. It just might of saved them in this video. :wink:

:hmm: :lmao:

Zootlesque said:

Are you freaking kidding me? This is not a case of "no matter what they do, you guys are unhappy"! This video is terrible!

Yeah but it's the fact that they are putting it out here for us now after all these years that's cool. Kinda like old friends watching old home movies. :wink:

bonocomet said:
Yeah but it's the fact that they are putting it out here for us now after all these years that's cool. Kinda like old friends watching old home movies. :wink:

Oh yeah! It is indeed cool that they're releasing it now. It's not gonna affect them, they're on top of the world! :wink:

Zootlesque said:

Um no I'm not FREAKING kidding you.

Complain complain complain :blahblah: :rolleyes:

:wink:

What a weird video. Good choice in shelving it.

So, was RHMT intended to be the lead-off single for JT? Because that would have been a pretty disastrous move with this video.

Originally posted by Roland of Gilead
It would of been cool if they all bit the heads off those birdies. It just might of saved them in this video.

they should have got ozzy osbourne in the clip :hyper:

Is it only me or is Larry getting emotional and fighting against tears on 3:36 .........

Can someone enlighten me up ?

Back
Top Bottom