Reappreciation thread for an excellent and special album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I have always loved ATYCLB from the moment I heard Beautiful Day, and the day I bought it, but I now my love is reinforced and I love it even more. After some recent awful events in my life, I appreciate and need the songs even more. I hear more in them than I did before, they make me cry even more and I admire the heart and soul of this band more than ever. This album speaks to me, and it speaks and bleeds for the world. I love it and I love the guys who wrote and performed it. The lyrics are excellent and teh musicanship is expert. This is truly a special thing, and it is a precious thing in my life. I want to thank U2 again for this album and all that it is. I love it more than ever, it saved my life when I was ready to give up and I cannot express enough admiration and gratitude for this beautiful album. (((U2)))

:hug:

:up: I think I definitely need to pop in ATYCLB again. It's been a long time. When it first came out I listened over and over, and I just knew it was going to go on to become one of the great U2 albums.

I think that album came at a great time for me because I was just starting my freshman year of college. For the first time, I was living away from home in a place where nobody knew who I was or had any preconceived ideas about me. It was liberating, but also scary.

Anyway, Stuck in a Moment is on my list of all-time favorite U2 songs. :lmao: I feel like that's the story of my life at this point in time. It was so surreal the first time I listened to it, and even now. I felt like Bono was singing directly to me!

Ah, the power of U2...:hug:

wertsie said:
Anyway, Stuck in a Moment is on my list of all-time favorite U2 songs. :lmao: I feel like that's the story of my life at this point in time. It was so surreal the first time I listened to it, and even now. I felt like Bono was singing directly to me!

Ah, the power of U2...:hug:

That's how I felt, too. I've mentioned how one verse in there helped me when I had a crush on this one guy at my school last year-I heard "Stuck In A Moment" on the radio in a friend's car one day last winter, and that verse came up, and it just connected with me (and this was before I became a big U2 fan). I know the song in general has nothing to do with a crush (or maybe it does, I dunno), but that one verse at least was relatable, and it was like Bono was talking to me and telling me to not drive myself crazy over this guy and all that.

I like this album, too-"In A Little While" is probably my personal favorite song from that album. Never fails to put a smile on my face when I hear the opening notes. I adore that song.

"Walk On" is great, too, as is "Kite" and "Beautiful Day".

That's what I liked about this album-the songs were so reassuring, so uplifting, if you had a bad day, this was the perfect album to listen to to make you feel better. And it helped people through 9/11, too, which was fantastic.

I really like "Peace On Earth"-I can totally understand the frustration expressed in that song. I'm a total peace, love, and happiness person, but sometimes it's hard to express that sentiment when there's so much crap going on, you wonder if things will ever get better (best lines that express that: Hear it every Christmastime/But hope and history won't rhyme).

"Grace"-that's a nice, lullabyish song. I like that one, too, that's a nice song to close out the album with.

And "Elevation"-well, that song just rocks. :).

Angela

Re: 'Tis only in jest

Diemen said:

How dare you mention Pop in this thread! :mad:

;) :D

That was classic Diemen :laugh:

On the topic, I really like ATYCLB, not my fave album, yet a very good collection of songs. Like wertsie, when it was released I used to hear it over and over again...nowadays I listen more the ones that were not hits, like When I Look at the World, Grace and Peace on Earth.

:heart: :up: :hug:

ATYCLB and Elevation fulfilled my wish list of what I wanted from u2 beyond my wildest dreams and a big high five and much love to them for sending it my way. It couldn't have been better if I had scripted it myself. Thanks guys! :)

Beautiful Day- A forever classic, and my new favorite traveling song

Walk On, Kite- These songs go straight to the heart of anyone who has one

Stuck- not a great tune, but Bono's tender vocals grab me and the subject brings tears

IALW- soulful and very listenable

New York- A great rocker and it gives me chills since 9/11

Wild Honey- sweet, fun, and happy, very enjoyable

WILATW, Peace on Earth- I think the lyrics say it all

Grace- something to think about

U2 really came through with a real charm. It is among my favorite albums ever.

I just heard One and Walk On on the radio today within an hour of each other and IMO they are equally as classic and good! Just had to say that.

Bonofire said:
I just heard One and Walk On on the radio today within an hour of each other and IMO they are equally as classic and good! Just had to say that.

:ohmy: Wow! I think I would've totally freaked out if that had happened to me!

It shall always have a special place, not only as one of my favourite albums by anyone, but also as one that kicked off my U2 obsession, :)

I even grew to like "When I Look at the World", which was the only ATYCLB song that did nothing for me at the beginning.

Bonofire said:

that would almost be enough for me to start listening to the radio again...almost...

hey, i'm going to admit that ATYCLB was the first u2 album i actually went out and bought, or i mean, a friend got it for me for my birthday...but i was in the store...yeah...cos before that i had a couple copied tapes of zooropa, october, and the joshua tree...

beautiful day--it's all about that guitar thing going on towards the end...

stuck ina moment--EVERYTHING about it is great

elevation--rock on!! definetly the guitar parts

walk on--everything...oh yeah, and the guitar near the end...

kite--ok, i give up trying to do this, because i honestly think everyhting on that album is so cool...

Back
Top Bottom