Rate The Song: Out Of Control

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate The Song: Out Of Control

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Today we shall begin the bulk of the Rate The Song series by evaluating the first half of Boy, excluding I Will Follow.

Please rate Out Of Control on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close 96 hours from when it was posted.

9. Tied with Electric Co for amy favorite song on Boy. Great music, great lyrics, and really should be played live more often.

Easy 10, even if I'm pretty sick of that goddam bassline after seven minutes of a very similar one in Dubh/ITH. Thrilling song, great lyrics, one I would have loved to have seen live.

In my opinion, tied with I Will Follow as one of the best songs on Boy. Seriously amazing, in terms of the speed, Edge's guitar solo, and the rest of the song, though sometimes I prefer the live version.

I give it an 8. Amazing song.

I believe it is the best song on Boy. They can still hit it out of the park with this one live too! Montreal 2, outstanding!!!:up:

Great song, best from their early days. Haven't been lucky enough to catch this song at a show I'm at.

I'm very grateful I got to hear it myself in Chicago last summer. Sounded fucking good, and it always will because it's such a solid tune and the band still pays it respect. Represents early U2 better than I Will Follow, I think; it's been around longer, for one thing.

A lot of energy live, but the album version is kinda bland in my opinion. It's kinda songwriting 101 (like the rest of the album) but it the lyrics and the riff just aren't as strong as I Will Follow or Electric Co.

Gave it an 8 for the Slane version though.

The whole band had a very youthful, upbeat sound at the time and this song shows it more than I Will Follow does. The live versions are always awesome, and the band still has that post-punk sound in live performances. It deserves a 9 all the way.

seinfeldribbon.jpg

Who! Who gave Out of Control a 4?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom