Randomess Abound

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daisybean

Rock n' Roll Doggie, FOB
Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eye
Okay time for more Randomness:

I finally got my new computer

hopefully no more crashes

Bono sure looks purty on this screen

Also at work last night a group from Ireland came in (I'm a waitress). I told them to take me with them when they go home, but they wouldn't
frown.gif
. They were very nice and polite, even thou the kitchen screwed up their order.

Oh well... hehehe

------------------
Daisy
Love is a temple
Love's a higher law

AIM: daisyone75

lol, congratulations on the new computer. I have had the same one since 1996 -- and it is BAD. B-A-D.
tongue.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

random thought...Pete Yorn was definitely HOT last night.
biggrin.gif
*sitting at desk, listening to his CD, and having happy thoughts about the concert*

OH OH I had something to say! I was thinking: Should I start a random thread? But then I didn't. And then I forgot.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

very random...I was in my garage last night and totally by accident, in front of Rick, I did that thing that girls never do
smile.gif
uh, you know...flatulence...I was really embarrased and started cracking up. I don't know why, but I yelled out "FARTAPALOOZA", really loud and we both laughed our asses off.

What I didn't know was that 4 or 5 ladies and their kids were out walking and they were right in front of my house just as I yelled that out. All the kids started laughing but the moms just gave me the stink eye. I think they'll cross the street before they get to my house next time.

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
"FARTAPALOOZA"

What I didn't know was that 4 or 5 ladies and their kids were out walking and they were right in front of my house just as I yelled that out. All the kids started laughing but the moms just gave me the stink eye. I think they'll cross the street before they get to my house next time.

first of all, that sounds like something i'd say...'cept i'm 17

second of all, why do older people have to be soooo sophisticated...when i'm all growed up...i'm gonna laugh my ass off at anything i think is funny...no evil eyes for me!

------------------
"At school he stuck out like a sore thumb. He used to drink coffee in class and the teachers got used to it. He wore a kilt. He also took off his clothes at one rehearsal when he got very excited."-Bono, describing Adam

Originally posted by Stories for Boys:
first of all, that sounds like something i'd say...'cept i'm 17

second of all, why do older people have to be soooo sophisticated...when i'm all growed up...i'm gonna laugh my ass off at anything i think is funny...no evil eyes for me!

well, don't forget, I'm 35 and I said it so I guess I'm not one of those sophisticated older people! I hate it too when people my age don't have a sense of humor. I don't know why being an adult sometimes means losing your ability to laugh at certain things
biggrin.gif

Just think of it this way... your flatulence brings you closer to Adam
wink.gif

Randomness from Kristie: I am eating a banana. For some reason, bananas always make me think of Bono, and then I feel dirty.

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

Originally posted by Kristie:
Just think of it this way... your flatulence brings you closer to Adam
wink.gif

lol Kristie! If that gassy Adam thread hadn't been posted, I wouldn't have felt comfortable posting what I did
biggrin.gif

A riddle!

What do 40 pgs of writing, 400 pgs of reading, and about 1000 hrs of study time have in common?

They are all I will be doing for the next two weeks
biggrin.gif

Anyway, some happy randomness...

I got a REALLY good grade on my Religion exam and my prof used my essay as an example of "an outstanding essay"
biggrin.gif

I saw a sign saying "UM v. UF" today and thought of U2
wink.gif

I've been on this board for almost half a year!
eek.gif

I'm MUCHO excited about everything going on this summer!
1) Marina and I are getting together
2) Twin's coming to visit me
3) I might get to work at a summer camp (MUCH more exciting than working at the grocery store)
4) The PLEBA convention!

Woohoo!

Oh yeah...and I'm in love with everything ZooTV
biggrin.gif

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Originally posted by hippyactress:
A riddle!

What do 40 pgs of writing, 400 pgs of reading, and about 1000 hrs of study time have in common?

They are all I will be doing for the next two weeks
biggrin.gif

Anyway, some happy randomness...

I got a REALLY good grade on my Religion exam and my prof used my essay as an example of "an outstanding essay"
biggrin.gif

I saw a sign saying "UM v. UF" today and thought of U2
wink.gif

I've been on this board for almost half a year!
eek.gif

I'm MUCHO excited about everything going on this summer!
1) Marina and I are getting together
2) Twin's coming to visit me
3) I might get to work at a summer camp (MUCH more exciting than working at the grocery store)
4) The PLEBA convention!

Woohoo!

Oh yeah...and I'm in love with everything ZooTV
biggrin.gif

Well you sound like quite a happy hippy!

I'm glad things are going well for you. We needed a good shot of happiness around here today, thanks hippy!

My random thought?

I have played Achtung Baby all the way through twice here at work in my cubicle.

I turn it up on "Acrobat" cuz my coworkers like the "opera in my head" part where Bono screams. Oh --and I named my coworkers fish "Bono". I don't know why it just happened!!

I think I need to go home now......

Everyone around Interference seems to love Pete Yorn... The only song I've ever heard from him was 'For Nancy.' I've seen it on MTV2 multiple times.

I'm trying to find new music to like, so can someone recommend some songs?? Or should I have asked this question in the huge Pete Yorn thread?
wink.gif

I love randomness.

------------------
and if you get too far inside
you'll only see my reflection

[This message has been edited by FlyGirl (edited 04-16-2002).]

Originally posted by FlyGirl:
Everyone around Interference seems to love Pete Yorn... The only song I've ever heard from him was 'For Nancy.' I've seen it on MTV2 multiple times.

I'm trying to find new music to like, so can someone recommend some songs??
wink.gif

Well if you want more Pete Yorn song recommendations, I can definitely help ya.
wink.gif
just saw him in concert last night.

Upbeat songs:
Life on a Chain
Black
Murray
Closet

Beautiful Ballads:
EZ
Sense
On Your Side

Other bands to check out...
-Radiohead (I love "The Bends" and "Ok Computer")
-Travis
-Elbow
-David Gray

Thanks so much!! I worship Radiohead and I like Travis... so hopefully I'll like Pete Yorn too. ::kicks computer to make it download::

It's almost dusk and the current temperature here is 98 degrees. All I have is a flimsy ceiling fan, and the air conditioning is not working. I'm such a genius, I'm sitting in the computer room where all the computers are generating massive amounts of heat...

Kristie- Banana and Bono both begin with a B. They also each have an N in them. Perhaps you were associating the letters? ...I could be wrong.

------------------
and if you get too far inside
you'll only see my reflection

I'm drinking hot chocolate, trying to pretend it's coffee.

I cut my dog's hair yesterday and he looks pathetic.

I can't decide if a feel good or bad. I just... feel... ya.
wink.gif

OH I have something good... kind of. I'm happy with my current cds (
tongue.gif
), but would you girls be able to help me find good concerts to go to? What are some good live bands?

*sips hot chocolate*

------------------
Laura
~~~
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Originally posted by On The Edge:
OH I have something good... kind of. I'm happy with my current cds (
tongue.gif
), but would you girls be able to help me find good concerts to go to? What are some good live bands?

Okay, you're going to think I'm like 50 yrs old...but I'm really into the classic rock stuff...I can say that Lynyrd Skynyrd, Styx, and Sammy Hagar are INCREDIBLE live! And I would love to see Paul McCartney live too...though that's not happening
frown.gif

Anyway...sorry, don't know if you're into that kind of music...but those bands are really cool to see live
smile.gif

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Well if you want more Pete Yorn song recommendations, I can definitely help ya.
wink.gif
just saw him in concert last night.

Upbeat songs:
Life on a Chain
Black
Murray
Closet

Beautiful Ballads:
EZ
Sense
On Your Side

*beats sula up fer advertizing pete love*

*beats sister up fer throwing away her id that coulda got me into pete's show last nite*

My bit of randomness is this:

I jest got hold of a scanner today, so I thought I'd put up a few piccies.

333%3C233923232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3232%3E2%3A4%3E73%3A%3E23232%3A482%3B%3A35ot1lsi

This is a sand being. My friends and I mader her (name's Hermia) in Corona Del Mar, California whilst on Spring Break. She was washed away in the tide....but she's still in our memories!

------------------
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" -my mom

Originally posted by Lilly:
*beats sula up fer advertizing pete love*

*beats sister up fer throwing away her id that coulda got me into pete's show last nite*

My bit of randomness is this:

I jest got hold of a scanner today, so I thought I'd put up a few piccies.

333%3C233923232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3232%3E2%3A4%3E73%3A%3E23232%3A482%3B%3A35ot1lsi

This is a sand being. My friends and I mader her (name's Hermia) in Corona Del Mar, California whilst on Spring Break. She was washed away in the tide....but she's still in our memories!

You were in Orange County on spring break???? Orange County, where I just happen to live????

Originally posted by hippyactress:
Okay, you're going to think I'm like 50 yrs old...

AAAAHH! *runs from 50 year old internet user* ... *comes back* ActRESS? Okay.
Em...
biggrin.gif
I'm taking note. I don't care how old the band is. As long as it's rock and roll unrelated to Limp Bizket. (Or whatever. It took me like 5 mins to come up with that name! Me: What is Fred Durst's band??? You might think I'm 50...)

------------------
Laura
~~~
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

*snerk* Fartapalooza...sounds likes a daily occurrence in Disco's life...did I say that out loud? Bwahahaha!!

Auntie Em! Auntie Em! It's storming like mad here...I got caught in the rain earlier...it was vewwwwwy scawy.

Packing is like wire hangers...just when you think you've conquered the beast, you turn around and...they've multiplied yet AGAIN.

Do the guys SNORE? I do.
smile.gif

I downloaded Prince's "Erotic City." I used to love that song but now...it just makes me feel kinda naughty...

and watch it! 50 isn't THAT far off for some people...
smile.gif

hey...why is the sky green?
eek.gif

I yelled out "FARTAPALOOZA", really loud and we both laughed our asses off.

uh...

<--listens to classic rock

<--is 17

<--hates ALL new stuff and anything related to a boy band

<--would gladly mame britney spears (shitney beers) in pure daylight for sport

<--done with arrows

------------------
love is blindness
i don't want to see
won't you wrap the night around me
o my heart
love is blindness

Originally posted by Discoteque:
*snerk* Fartapalooza...sounds likes a daily occurrence in Disco's life...did I say that out loud? Bwahahaha!!

LMAO!!!! Finally, a female who will admit to uhhh..."Fartapalooza" I have tremendous respect for you Disco
biggrin.gif

"Fartapalooza"

Another of the MANY reasons I love you guys!
wink.gif

------------------
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child

I thought y'all might appreciate my shirt, given my rantings around here! This is my friends and I on spring break.

333%3C244723232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2323%3D395%3D87%3A%3D3232395789794nu0mrj

------------------
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" -my mom

I think I've been spending too much time in the budoir, today I was listening to Stuck and I could'a sworn he said "I can't forsake the clothes that you bring"

hehehehe

I love Mountain Dew Code Red

Oh and I washed my car today, it is no longer covered with dirt

I spent $65 at Amazon.com buying U2 singles and imports....

------------------
Daisy
Love is a temple
Love's a higher law

AIM: daisyone75

Thanks to Gina...I needed somewhere random to post this so I could save it...

It's the Top of the Pops speech of anyone else wants to save it
smile.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/totp/features/totp_awards/video/winner_rock.ram

------------------
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child

Back
Top Bottom