Random Music Talk LXXXVII: Which one of you called my church?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You have no idea.

Wow. Good reading during a pedicure. Really kept my attention off the palpable seething anger and humiliation the Vietnamese guy who owns the joint seems to have about his work (and who could blame him).

wutangsweater.jpg

Guys, I'm a little excited about life right now, I gotta say.

I started my final semester of grad school this week. I am so relieved this is finally coming to an end, but very happy with what I have so far accomplished. I'm not as pleased with this program as I was with the one at TCU, but I have created more content here than I did there, so I think the benefits were definitely there.

This semester, I am going to have the opportunity to make stop motion animation, which is something I have always wanted to do, so that's also awesome news for me.

Tomorrow, I have an appointment with athletics to return to the "Aj" job, or for those who didn't know me way back when, I will be returning to college sports broadcasts. My current university doesn't have the range that TCU offered me, but experience and contacts are all that really matter.

I also got a job on campus part time in the communications department, so at least a source of revenue has been restored to me. I may even start substitute teaching again, we'll see.

So, in general, I'm very excited for the end of 2013 and even more excited to see what 2014 holds.

Also, you should all listen to the new Hellogoodbye single, it's surprisingly appealing to more of an audience than just myself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEMOih0luZs

Good shit Smashley! :up:

Thanks Mike :). Would you believe that I went to karate for all of two days before I picked that nick name up for a 3rd time in my life? I have never once told people to call me that, but it just seems to crop up every time I enter a new circle of acquaintances.

(Speaking of karate, I'm testing for my yellow belt on Friday :hyper: )

oh wow...that's...that's crazy. I would think that'd be niche enough to not pop up on a map like that and if it did...I don't know, I'd expect a different state. Maybe an east coast state...

It may surprise some of you to learn I am a yellow belt in karate. (great stuff on the uni front Ashley!)

Benefits for donating will include signed selfies upon arrival of the jumper.

Are you still in it, or is this from a long time ago? What style?

Nevermind, you lost my $5.

Guys, I'm a little excited about life right now, I gotta say.

I started my final semester of grad school this week. I am so relieved this is finally coming to an end, but very happy with what I have so far accomplished. I'm not as pleased with this program as I was with the one at TCU, but I have created more content here than I did there, so I think the benefits were definitely there.

This semester, I am going to have the opportunity to make stop motion animation, which is something I have always wanted to do, so that's also awesome news for me.

Tomorrow, I have an appointment with athletics to return to the "Aj" job, or for those who didn't know me way back when, I will be returning to college sports broadcasts. My current university doesn't have the range that TCU offered me, but experience and contacts are all that really matter.

I also got a job on campus part time in the communications department, so at least a source of revenue has been restored to me. I may even start substitute teaching again, we'll see.

So, in general, I'm very excited for the end of 2013 and even more excited to see what 2014 holds.

Good stuff.

Congrats, Ashley! Hope everything turns out as you hope. :)

Since we're divulging some personal details, it's not much, but I'm proud of the fact that
I have dropped more than 50 pounds so far this year, and I'm working toward shedding another 30, which would be my ideal weight. I haven't felt this good in years.

Also, I'm three weeks away from my San Francisco vacation, where I'll see my very first 49ers game, 25 years after becoming a fan. To say I'm excited is an understatement.

And in actual music news, it looks like Jack White and the Dead Weather are working on a new album. The way White likes to record, i.e. in a matter of weeks, we may see an album sooner rather than later. Looking forward to this!

Congrats, Ashley! Hope everything turns out as you hope. :)

Since we're divulging some personal details, it's not much, but I'm proud of the fact that
I have dropped more than 50 pounds so far this year, and I'm working toward shedding another 30, which would be my ideal weight. I haven't felt this good in years.

Also, I'm three weeks away from my San Francisco vacation, where I'll see my very first 49ers game, 25 years after becoming a fan. To say I'm excited is an understatement.

:up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom