Random Music Talk CXXX: The AFL Finally Gets Revenge on Meat Loaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are probably 10 Carly Rae Jepsen tracks from the last 3 years better than that, just to name one other artist. Who isn't indie like Polachek but the best pop music usually isn't, tbh.

Last edited:
There's some pop songs from recent times that I think are absolute bangers but I'm struggling to bring them all to mind. Doja Cat is responsible for several. Some of those Harry Styles songs are great.

Not to pick on you, but I hope by now people (and governments) will have realized that there is no legitimate financial gap that crypto fills, and that unregulated digital currencies are just generally suited for nefarious purposes. As much as I don't want you to lose money, I hope the current decline is here to stay.

I don't mind at all. If it all turns to shit, the satisfaction would be just as good. Although it sucks that a bunch of people really made a lot of money before it did go to shit.

That crowd is something to behold.

I'm not sure what's more depressing. The bros who aren't even paying remote attention while one of the greatest songs of all time is being played 10 feet from them, the fact that there's not a woman in sight and barely any non-white people, the dude that wrote the tweet who clearly has never vibed once in his life, or the fact that one of my favourite bands ever, who I love with my whole heart, are playing a show to a tiny crowd who don't give a shit. At least the dude with the cane is enjoying it.

I didn't know he had a TikTok, but it makes sense.

I was more referring to the content of the Tiktok itself. As someone who finds Fantano fascinating, I thought you'd enjoy that. I went down the rabbit hole with it yesterday.

I love this "insult."

Would the women here prefer I not use this word?

It is perceived so, so differently here in Australia and is used quite frequently, by people of all genders, so I feel very comfortable using it, but I'm really the only Aussie remaining here now so if y'all would prefer I not use this word, I'm happy to cut it out.

It is perceived so, so differently here in Australia and is used quite frequently, by people of all genders, so I feel very comfortable using it, but I'm really the only Aussie remaining here now so if y'all would prefer I not use this word, I'm happy to cut it out.

I was talking about insulting the fact that the US uses pennies. :laugh: The c-word doesn't bother me.

But thank you for even asking!

Not to pick on you, but I hope by now people (and governments) will have realized that there is no legitimate financial gap that crypto fills, and that unregulated digital currencies are just generally suited for nefarious purposes. As much as I don't want you to lose money, I hope the current decline is here to stay.

Yeah, I'm here with you. I didn't think it would ever get as high as it did, so I was wrong about that, but I still can't believe this time it recovers. It was always eventually going to run into government issues, it's just taken longer than I expected.

I was talking about insulting the fact that the US uses pennies. :laugh: The c-word doesn't bother me.

The joke also cracked me up, but I do still continue to really not be fond of that word at all. Or any insult that's based around female anatomy, or women in general. Bitch, pussy, cunt, "does your vagina hurt?" etc. They're all pretty fucking weak insults to me, BUT that's also usually very dependent on who the person is that's throwing them around.

I think the quotation marks threw me off :lol:

But seriously, why the fuck do you have 1c coins

:lol:

I knew what you meant and was like ??? when I read Cobbler's response.

I just know it's been raised before, like Ashley above and I think Cori has had issues with it too, so perhaps I will try to be more circumspect.

She is alive and well! From her social media, she appears to be traveling quite a bit and enjoying life in PNW.

Haha I set that one up easy for you, didn’t I.

I wish both of them still posted here

Fucking hell America.

I really feel for all of you. Every American I know is a wonderful, progressive person.

It is really, really hard to fathom what is happening.

American conservatives are the most immoral, disgusting people. Banning abortion because we care about children; but not enough to make them feel safe to go to school.

It’s sickening that such an important thing can just be overturned because of the political leanings of judges, who are put on the panel by a conservative president. It’s corrupt.

I’m sorry guys.

Ooph, it's awful.

Good to be reminded about R Kelly being imprisoned though.

Although part of me will be forever sad that I can no longer enjoy Ignition Remix

For those of you who like heavy shit, the new August Burns Red EP is out. Really impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom