Random Facts and Confessions: Part 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just sent a friend request on Facebook to this girl who was my friend in elementary school and middle school, but totally stopped talking to me in high school because I wasn't close to being popular. 10 years after graduation I'm trying to be a bigger person, so lets see if she accepts

^ I did my RSA with someone I went to high school with, that was just last year, and we were in some of the same classes so she'd know who I am. Did not even say hi.

Well, if you're coming with me you don't have to ask. :sexywink:

And, I don't do the drunk thing.. well my body doesn't, so you're safe with me. :wink:

i'll still believe that when i see it :sexywink:

anyway i came in here to say i think that i'm having a premature mid-life crisis.

i've only ever wanted to be two things in life. well three. but the third was a footy player, and that was never an option :lol: one was an astronomer, but you have to be insanely smart, and whilst i have the interest, i don't have the brain. the other is a sports writer. i'm doing work experience for a week at a daily newspaper... and i don't know how i'm going to handle life as a journalist. it's high-intensity stuff. i don't think i was born to lead, and i don't have that brash sort-of personality that you kind of need for it. some days i think i'd rather have a run-of-the-mill nine-to-five job.

:whistle:

Danny i think thats a normal reaction to anyone in their first work placement especially in the shit hole where you have been placed!!!!!! guess what the real world is high intensity even in "9-5 boring jobs"
wait untill the end of the week, or the end of your course then you will have more idea.

:lol: it's an interesting paper. i'm just whinging out loud

this is true. i'll be fine by tomorrow anyway probably

did the street talk today for them. so many interesting people.

What kind of young person are you??? :tsk:

One that has been raised with little sips of wine and beer. One that apparently is immune to alcohol now. :angry: I have tried! I tried lots of times to get drunk, but it just never happened! When I drink loads I get a bit giggly and tipsy, but it wears off within 15 minutes and I'm back to normal.

:lol: it's an interesting paper. i'm just whinging out loud

this is true. i'll be fine by tomorrow anyway probably

did the street talk today for them. so many interesting people.

You're definitely better off writing than on a 9 to 5 job! I don't understand how people can manage that type of thing, I'd go mad if I had to sit in an office all day!

Your job will be so much more diverse, that's good. :D People are always interesting. And you love sports, so that'll help!

I also confess that I didn't spend a dime on the fun fair today becuase it was either too boring or way to scary :scream: I'm a chicken.

Fun fairs.:drool:

I just sent a friend request on Facebook to this girl who was my friend in elementary school and middle school, but totally stopped talking to me in high school because I wasn't close to being popular. 10 years after graduation I'm trying to be a bigger person, so lets see if she accepts

:up: For being the bigger person.

cobl04 - 9-5 jobs suck. You're much better doing something that interests you. Good luck with it. :)

One that has been raised with little sips of wine and beer. One that apparently is immune to alcohol now. :angry: I have tried! I tried lots of times to get drunk, but it just never happened! When I drink loads I get a bit giggly and tipsy, but it wears off within 15 minutes and I'm back to normal.
I was also raised on little sips from when I was a kid (good Italian background). However, I have also managed to write myself off with various grain based beverages over teh years...

:cocktail: :drunk: :sick: In that order....

oh i'm fine now. in fact, today probably reignited my passion. following up on a story, i rang this woman, who told me her son had suicided. turns out they'd already ran a bunch of stories about it, but for the split second that i thought i'd cottoned on to something huge, i was really excited about going back tomorrow, ringing all the people and writing the story.

I was also raised on little sips from when I was a kid (good Italian background). However, I have also managed to write myself off with various grain based beverages over teh years...

:cocktail: :drunk: :sick: In that order....

:hi5:

Well Ax claims he's going to get me drunk, and we tried to get Ali drunk in Liechtenstein, but with just one bottle of FINE Liechtensteinian wine that's not happened.

I'm sure it'll happen some day, I just don't want to waste the money on lots of booze when I can have fun without it. :shrug:

Though that beer before a U2 gig tasted pretty damn good. Not to forget that fine Liechtensteinian beer. I'm still annoyed that the stupid supermarket closed at 5 freakin' pm on a saturday! I was there at 5.03 or so. :grumpy: No Liechtensteinian beers for me!

:hi5:

Well Ax claims he's going to get me drunk, and we tried to get Ali drunk in Liechtenstein, but with just one bottle of FINE Liechtensteinian wine that's not happened.

I'm sure it'll happen some day, I just don't want to waste the money on lots of booze when I can have fun without it. :shrug:

Though that beer before a U2 gig tasted pretty damn good. Not to forget that fine Liechtensteinian beer. I'm still annoyed that the stupid supermarket closed at 5 freakin' pm on a saturday! I was there at 5.03 or so. :grumpy: No Liechtensteinian beers for me!

Liechtensteinian, what a fine word!

Tequila, you'll definitely write yourself off with tequila. You may end up sick as a dog and never drink the stuff ever again, but that one night will be seriously good! :wink:

I find the trouble with tequila is I remember everything. Every last thing that seemed like a good idea. Every last detail.

I find the trouble with tequila is I remember everything. Every last thing that seemed like a good idea. Every last detail.

I have that too!!! I can have sophisticated discussions about philosophy, and say all four syllables of the word philosophy, but I am keenly aware that I cannot get up out of my chair and walk. And then I fall over. Then it all goes horribly wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom