question about walk on on the DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
who is playing the riff? it's not edge; he's playing the chords.
bono has his hands where the riff would be played, but it doesn't look like he's playing it, and it's way to clean and accurate to have been bono anyway.
dallas under the stage maybe?:scratch:
my only question is why???:angry:

NO TRICKS IN THIS BAND PLEASE.:mad: :silent:

Is it really important ? :confused:

<- never really paid attention to this sorta stuff :scratch: :coocoo: :crack: :reject:

My question about Walk On on the DVD is why the F**K did they put the damn credits over the song? It's not like they were hard up for DVD space or something. That was really annoying.

Lara Mullen said:
Is it really important ? :confused:

<- never really paid attention to this sorta stuff :scratch: :coocoo: :crack: :reject:

yeah, it's important.
there's two guitarists onstage and neither one is playing the dominant guitar part.
not what I expect from "the best band in the world".:huh:

That's funny that you mention that-- I have wondered the same thing. Bono's finger position looks like it must be him, but it sounds too much like Edge's style.

It'd be too bad if it was taped since Edge's guitar riff towards the end of the song is the crown jewel of the song IMO.

BTW, during the tour, I was in the front row smack in front of Bono and I thought for sure he was playing the main riff in I Will Follow. I'd look back and forth b/w him and Edge and I convinced myself that it was Bono. But then it still doesn't make sense since Bono plays that red acoustic during IWF, but the tone of the notes don't sound acoustic.

Quite the mystery...

here's the thing though:
at the grammys 2002, it was clear that edge was playing it.

WTF??????:banghead:

*de-lurks*

It was my understanding that the solo was not played live during the first and perhaps second leg of the tour. However at some point before the third leg that was changed and the solo was played live by the Edge. I can't remember where I read that, but I think it was on one of these forums.

BTW, during the tour, I was in the front row smack in front of Bono and I thought for sure he was playing the main riff in I Will Follow.

I don't think I could ever discern any of Bono's "guitar playing" at either of the Elevation shows I saw.

*re-lurks*

*de-lurks again*
*edits*
*re-lurks*

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom