Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

I just don't like the Beatles.

I swear, I'm not some "I hate everything everyone likes" wanker. New Year's Day and Bad are in my top five U2 songs! How boring, huh?

yeah yeah.

well the movie has totally different versions of the songs. same melodies but different. and it's so much fun.

oh wait, you don't like movies. :madspit:

Varitek said:
hmmm maybe you guys have found me a topic for my political economy of africa term paper - it would be useful to know more about zimbabwe.

:lol See, this thread has its real life uses!:

Howdy there people,

Well it seems like I've missed out on quite a lot.

As a few of you might know, I was quite ill on Thursday. At about 4pm, I decided that the time was right to go to a hospital (I frequently suffer from stomach problems, so I can generally gauge how serious they are).

At the hospital, we initially thought it was appendicitis, then after a CT scan the doctors decided that either my bowels or my appendix had been perforated and needed to be removed immediately.

After the operation, apparently nothing was wrong, no perforations or appendicitis :eyebrow: The only thing that the doctors noticed was wrong was that the scar tissue from my previous operations was pushing against my bowels, causing some pressure.

But while they were in there, they took my appendix out, so that's all good. Now I'm appendix-less, and slowly healing after spending Friday and Saturday in the hospital essentially staring into space!

Dalton, if you ever come down to Melbourne I think I owe you drinks for a night!

Bah, I'm on the phone and everyone's leaving.

Good to see you around Maj., I was worried.

Yeah, it was kinda funny though "What do you mean, I don't have appendicitis now?"

Thanks for all the well wishes, it's great to be back at home. And now, I'll be off to rest! Take care y'all!

Alright, off the phone.

Shit, Maj. I was starting to get a bit concerned last night when you hadn't shown for a couple of days and I was worried you'd gone to the hospital. Glad to hear you're at least recovering now. Sounds like you might have had something similar to what put my mother in hospital at the start of the month actually - the doctors said her stomach pains had been caused by scar tissue, but in her case, they expected it to resolve itself.

How long is your recovery going to take? I took pretty extensive notes at the lecture on Thursday so you can photocopy them or whatever, and if you can't make it this coming week I'll obviously have more that you can use. :)

mysterious_jen said:
monday is a public holiday here sucker !

NOT AT MELBOURNE UNIVERSITY. :mad:

They don't observe Labour Day. But fuck 'em. My sole lecture is going to be in a non-air conditioned lecture theatre with 37 degree weather on what's meant to be a public holiday and my mother will be here. No way in hell am I going.

Hello to all arriving and goodbye to all leaving. :wave:

And again, glad to see you around, Maj. Panic! :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom