Post-election Commentaries, Thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawk269 said:
Thanks for sharing your sentiments. I'm sure these thoughts are echoed around the world by more people than we can imagine. It is a sad day for true freedom and democracy everywhere.

Is there any rational basis to this statement?

Would you prefer a military coup or other form of transition of power?

I am proud of the regulars in here who have kept it cool and respectful.

I am proud of my country for conducting the election in a manner I can feel proud of.

I am proud of the candidates who won and lost with grace and the interests of the country at heart.

It saddens me that in a forum, where we have had so many INTELLIGENT debates we have spiralled into the number of thread closings and personal attacks and blanket statements about Americans on either side of the aisle.

It saddens me, that so many characterize others with awful statements about other Christians or denominations and characterize it as biggotry.

:sad:

Irvine511 said:

yes, you're right. bush was going to win those states anyway, probably, except for Ohio (which he did win) and Oregon (which he didn't). but this helped immeasurably with the popular vote.

incidentally, guess which states in the US have the highest divorce rates? Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, and Texas.

lowest divorce rates? Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

I'm guessing that what happens in the blue states is that couples move in together and then break up, instead of getting married and divorcing.

Dreadsox said:
I am proud of the regulars in here who have kept it cool and respectful.

I am proud of my country for conducting the election in a manner I can feel proud of.

I am proud of the candidates who won and lost with grace and the interests of the country at heart.

It saddens me that in a forum, where we have had so many INTELLIGENT debates we have spiralled into the number of thread closings and personal attacks and blanket statements about Americans on either side of the aisle.

It saddens me, that so many characterize others with awful statements about other Christians or denominations and characterize it as biggotry.

:sad:

Exactly....

I am proud to be an American today. Regardless if your candidate won or lost, some of the personal attacks I have read here are sophomoric and shameful. Some of the posts have definitely lacked thought or dignity.

more reasons to be happy bush won re-election...

bush twins :drool:
bushtwins.jpg

bush nieces :drool:
11481imh1.jpg

bush supporters :drool:
giuliani-drag.jpg

Dread is spot on, but I still give people a pass for the next day or so, as one may imagine it can be dissapointing. More dignity on all sides.

Last edited:
I am exited, people will still be able to read Mark Steyn in the usual places. Also Zogby was a little bit off in those predictions, thus confirming Sting2's observations about Gallup.

Last edited:
I feel so much things right now, but mostly I´m so dissapointed by U.S people. They wasted an unique chance ( sadly the whole world don´t have, unlike George Butcher Bush, who can kill or put out of place ANY president in the world ) for stop the real terrorism, the real danger, the real damage to the world... George W Bush. Why 51% of U.S People still believe in this reich, why ? Don´t they realize he´s just a liar, a criminal, he never want peace, he just want more and more money, no matter how many lives must die for that, specially if they´re from other countries. Why all that people loves the words "War against terror" and all that, why ? why they must prove everytime they´re the strongest in the world ? why they must kill at least 10 times ( 3000 died on Twin towers, 30000 civilians on Irak ) for feeling better, stronger and safer ? wasn´t enough Atomic Bomb killing 200000 people on Japan ? wasn´t enough chemical weapons killing more than 3000000 on Vietnam ? wasn´t enough 500000 died on Irak since gulf war in 1991 ? is not enough to have the biggest amount of soldiers, weapons, intelligence, spies, satellites, etc ?

WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR ? STOP BEING SO, SO SELFISH, THINK FOR JUST ONE FUCKING TIME IN PEOPLE DYING RIGHT NOW IN MANY COUNTRIES AROUND THE WORLD BY REAL TERRORIST WHO U.S GOVERMENT DON´T CARE AT ALL, THINK IT ALL THOSE COUNTRIES WHICH CAN´T BE BETTER BECAUSE U.S ECONOMY PUNISH THEM, THINK FOR ONE TIME IN ALL THOSE MURDERS IN THE LAST CENTURY ON PANAMA, CHILE, EL SALVADOR, NICARAGUA, SUDAN, VIETNAM, BOSNIA, IRAK, AFGANISTAN, PALESTINA, IRAN, SOVIET UNION, ETC WITHOUT ANY JUSTICE, BECAUSE U.S.A CAN´T BE PUNISHED BY UNITED NATIONS.

Why do you need the fear ? why do you need to be in war with someone ? why do you need more and more weapons, soldiers, money, etc ? why do you need to be opressive with third world countries ?

Can´t you realize the WORST country, the most evil, the most killer country after second world war has always been United States ?

Can´t you realize the media, the republican goverment, the CIA and many other ways always loves to put fear in you ? fear against "terrorist", against comunism, against latins, against black people, against mid east, etc ?
You has been so, so criminal with all those peoples, so why they aren´t afraid United States instead ? who really have to have fear, given all those hystorical facts ?

You, Bush fans, talk about how "the world" changed after your now loved 11 September... did we change ? No, did Asian change ?, No. Did Africans change ? No...

You always talk about "Freedom"...
Do you know what´s freedom ? do you know how it feels to turn on the TV, watch an horrible criminal ( Bush ) with his fake smile talking about "Freedom" while for us his freedom means United States controling everything, armies, economies, politics, etc. Is that freedom ?

Soon you´ll get "Osama being captured" on TV, the biggest and most fantastic TV show ever put on air... stop being cynical, you Bush fans. Your "democracy" means "we want to be safer, better, stronger, happier, but who the hell cares if Bush must kill many countries or peoples, destroy several economies, etc"

How can you jugde how bad is one country, being yours is the most hated in the whole world ?

War Is Over ( If You Want It )
John Lennon

To invade and occupy a country with no plan of what to do after victory was simply moronic.

Bush has presided over four years of environmental vandalism, burdened America with huge debts, helped destroy the Middle East peace process and made the USA reviled around the world.

Every time Bush is on television he comes across as a village idiot, not the president of the most powerful nation on Earth.

All I can figure is that people have become so traumatized by 9/11 that they are no longer willing to be influenced by mere facts.

In the past 4 years, Bush has done his best: to alienate allies while setting dangerous precedents for other countries to follow; to undermine the constitution; to turn a giant budget surplus into a record deficit; to let the energy industry write his safety and environmental policy; and to create a bloody quagmire in Iraq without trying other options.

To say that Kerry has no position on issues is to buy into the Bush philosophy that there are simple pat answers to all the difficult questions.

God help us!

Headache in a Suitcase said:

please allow myself to quote... myself....

from the closed "kerry concedes" thread...

Probably you meant that Vietnam survived America? *cough*

A_Wanderer and Headache in a suitcase: brothers in arms!

A_Wanderer in Melbourne doing what the Australian president does so well: kissing Bush's ass.

I get the feeling that people who do not like GW hope the next 4 years will be awful??? Regardless of political affiliation or where you live; I sincerely wish nothing but the best for everyone. I really hope we can all find common ground to rally around and show the world how great we are. Just think next Spring Republicans and Democrats alike will be singing along together in an arena near you as the Atomic Tour comes to your town! PEACE

LOL, your insight into Australian politics is amazing - any other gems of information on the matter?

And I would proudly stand by any of the regulars on matters that we feel strongly about, as I have done for the past year; assumptions can be very dangerous things my friend.

A_Wanderer said:
LOL, your insight into Australian politics is amazing - any other gems of information on the matter?

And I would proudly stand by any of the regulars on matters that we feel strongly about, as I have done for the past year; assumptions can be very dangerous things my friend.

You should join the american army in Iraq, kid.

There you can show your strong convictions.

Thank Jesus my lord and saviour

BUSH WON AND IM JUST SCREAMING ALL OVER THE PLACE AND NEIGHBORHOOD.. ok i know this is late but i wasnt abble to get to a computer to say this so here is my chance...

speedracer said:

I'm guessing that what happens in the blue states is that couples move in together and then break up, instead of getting married and divorcing.

no, they get married much later, when they know who they are and what they want, and probably have been through several adult relationships and know how to compromise and work through issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom