PLEBA Misc News and Articles #6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono is very good at remaining bi-partisan in his political dealings and public persona, but I don't think it's a stretch to make an assumption that he would identify as "liberal" in at least some sense of the word.

I agree. Didn't Edge once say in an interview that all of them were "Social Democrats" politically :hmm: Plus Bono has made some very clear statements about the political right before. However, he also said that the people on the left weren't as supportive about the whole Africa campaign as the people on the right.

I think Bono is everything he needs to be in order to get the message across.

I am sure Bono's having his private opinions in politics, but that's not important if you need to work with all sides in order to get things going when it comes to campaigning for Africa.

I hope this doesn't end up being a political discussion, PLEBA doesn't seem the right place for it. In fact I just wanted to say that I'm not American and even I know Jon Stewart and his show and have watched it several times. I'm excited to hear and see Bono again on a TV show and I'm sure it will be a good show to watch when he's there as a guest.

:huh: Well I never said I didn't know who he was. I just didn't know the format of his show. (Talk show, news show, comedy or whatever)

Gross. Has Bono lowered his standards?

Jon Stewart has the smartest show on TV. Jon and Steven Colbert are comic genius. And if you are blind to it,,,, enough said. They mock the news what's the hate about? :|
It's your opinion, but please respect others who like the show. Thanks!

Oh ya and I hate to burst your bubble, but Bono is very liberal leaning...so it's only natural he would appear on The Daily Show.

:huh: Well I never said I didn't know who he was. I just didn't know the format of his show. (Talk show, news show, comedy or whatever)

It's the most genius show on TV. It's fake news. He mocks the daily news every night... makes fun of politicians on BOTH sides. It's not secret that Jon Stewart is a progressive. Gasp! :ohmy: Whatever.. his show is funny and smart and has an EMMY award every single year since 2003 for Outstanding Comedy Show.

Bono is very good at remaining bi-partisan in his political dealings and public persona, but I don't think it's a stretch to make an assumption that he would identify as "liberal" in at least some sense of the word.

I would say he is in EVERY sense of the word liberal political or not! :sexywink::lol:

His hero Jesus was a Liberal afterall!

I agree. Didn't Edge once say in an interview that all of them were "Social Democrats" politically :hmm: Plus Bono has made some very clear statements about the political right before. However, he also said that the people on the left weren't as supportive about the whole Africa campaign as the people on the right.

I think Bono is everything he needs to be in order to get the message across.

I am sure Bono's having his private opinions in politics, but that's not important if you need to work with all sides in order to get things going when it comes to campaigning for Africa.

I hope this doesn't end up being a political discussion, PLEBA doesn't seem the right place for it. In fact I just wanted to say that I'm not American and even I know Jon Stewart and his show and have watched it several times. I'm excited to hear and see Bono again on a TV show and I'm sure it will be a good show to watch when he's there as a guest.

Exactly. My mortal enemy could interview Bono and I'd watch it. Well after I was pissed that mortal enemy got to be in the same room as Bono....

Really guys , its just a fucking appearance, I couldn't care less about right or left...
politics or not, smart or dumb,
As long as Bono is there. Be glad we have something like this in these off tour periods.

Really guys , its just a fucking appearance, I couldn't care less about right or left...
politics or not, smart or dumb,
As long as Bono is there. Be glad we have something like this in these off tour periods.

As much as I agree with you about being glad to see the man again and have some news and probably pictures/videos to share in these non-tour-times, I still think that a Bono appearance is always political in some way or the other and I'm pretty sure there will be at least some political talk on this show.

I guess some people DO care what a Bono appearance is about and what he's saying instead of just gushing about the man's appearance while muting the volume.

Jon Stewart has the smartest show on TV. Jon and Steven Colbert are comic genius. And if you are blind to it,,,, enough said. They mock the news what's the hate about? :|
It's your opinion, but please respect others who like the show. Thanks!

Oh ya and I hate to burst your bubble, but Bono is very liberal leaning...so it's only natural he would appear on The Daily Show.

I was only disrespecting Jon Stewart, but I'm sorry if you took that as a personal offense (which was apparently to your entire being, based on your response).

As much as I agree with you about being glad to see the man again and have some news and probably pictures/videos to share in these non-tour-times, I still think that a Bono appearance is always political in some way or the other and I'm pretty sure there will be at least some political talk on this show.

I guess some people DO care what a Bono appearance is about and what he's saying instead of just gushing about the man's appearance while muting the volume.

I don't understand why, but taking this post in my context,
you think I was thinking that a Bono interview isn't supposed to be political talk? I Never stated that. I was just talking about I don't care who interviews him. Becuase thats where all the hushhush is about.

Of course ,nobody here doesn't have ANY interest in U2's political agenda.
We're just solemly watching becuase I wanna see how great Bono looks these days , becuase we only read watch PLEBA

Oh dear..

This may be moot since I gather the appearance is not confirmed. So we could get our panties all twisted for nothing. Ha!

That is very awesome! Good to see the One campaign looking for a way to finish this of for once and for all. The Aids problem in Africa is nearly under control, and Bono can actually witness the results of his work.
It can never be completely wiped out, but I think the 2015 plan ,is as close as you possibly can get . Hopefully it work out :pray:

Back
Top Bottom