PLEBA girls party-we've got the right stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
daygloeyes2 said:

Nope, it's the Boston show. STL is 12/14 I think.

I hope you can get tix for STL. :hug:

Me too, I am greedy I already have GA for Chicago !!!!I want to see them everytime they come to the mid west!!!:rockon: :rockon:

This is possibly the funniest thing I've read in ages! :lmao:

At 2am everyone's settled in and had a shower, and U2 congregates on a high piazza from which they can look down on the crowd, who are finally dispersing, and drink wine. There's Edge and Aislinn, Larry and Ann, Adam and Naomi, Ned and Maurice, Christy, Chanty - a Dublin friend of Edge's - Sheila, Eileen, Dennis, and Bono. Naomi decides she's going to get some food and goes off to find the hotel kitchen. Officially it's shut down, but she implies that if she can get at a stove she'll whip up something herself. Maybe that's a threat designed to stir sleeping chefs to action, maybe it's sincere. I don't know, I don't care. Everone here is just enjoying the moon and the night and company.

After a while, though, Adam begins to wonder where his fiancee's gone. Christy (who often seems to act as Naomi's conscience - or at least social governor) says she'll go check. She comes back a few minutes later with news that Naomi is in the middle of a full-pitched screaming battle downstairs. Adam looks half concerned.

"Is she fighting with anyone employed by me?"

"No," Christy says. "She fighting with the chef."

"Oh." Adam relaxes. "That's fine." ......Naomi's no-nonsense air of entitlement rubs some of these people the wrong way. Adam's fiancee is graceful and full of style, but she occasionally seems to think employee is another name for servant. One spoiled crew member whispered to me that Naomi was the person on the tour most likely to have a flight case dropped on her head. Naomi returns to our company, stretches languidly across the back of Adam's chair, and pouts that the chef, who refused to cook, would not stand aside and let her at the stove.

She is upset and she is going to bed. She kisses Adam goodnight, kisses Christy goodnight, waves to everone else, and then walks straight into the glass door with a shuddering crash. Everyone jumps up, but Naomi just reels back, laughs, and tries again, this time passing through the open side and back into the hotel.

"That'll straighten her out," says the gallant Adam. -Bill Flanagan's Until The End Of The World

That is so funny! :lol: I can't imagine Adam with someone who acts like such a pain in the arse. Its strange what some people will put up with in the name of love. And personally I don't find her that attractive knowing what her personality is like.

I swear I love Adam more every day :heart: I read that and just about died. then I read the thing about him 'liberating' a case of cigarettes from Oasis the other day and could hardly breathe I was laughing so hard

Russty Cat said:
That is so funny! :lol: I can't imagine Adam with someone who acts like such a pain in the arse. Its strange what some people will put up with in the name of love. And personally I don't find her that attractive knowing what her personality is like.

I agree rusty!!!! She looks like a drag queen:madspit: I heard she was twice as bad as that!!!

Sad_Girl said:
I swear I love Adam more every day :heart: I read that and just about died. then I read the thing about him 'liberating' a case of cigarettes from Oasis the other day and could hardly breathe I was laughing so hard

Adam is so sweet and polite but a little naughty too!!!!!:drool:

I love this passage from the book. What Bono said cracked me up :laugh:

The musicians jump into their white limo and are deposited at the ringside of another great African American athlete-James Brown. Catching a late night J.B. show in Vegas would be a gas anyway, but James announces he has a special guest in the audience he wants to bring up to join him on "Sex Machine." Bono prepares his hair and announces "Magic Johnson!" The place goes nuts as Magic, the superhuman basketball player who recently quit the game when he learned he was HIV-positive, climbs up and joins James in singing "Get up! I feel like a sex machine!"

Bono thinks it's an awkward choice of song for a man battling the AIDS virus after what he has described as a life of promiscuity. "Be a sex machine," Bono says, "but for Christ's sake use a condom."

:lol:

Tell me more SG!!!! I want to know what scandolus things you think Adam is capable of :yes: :bump:

DG :lmao: Bono hears sex machine and automatically thinks they're talking about him. :lmao: I love it!

Carmelu2fan said:
Tell me more SG!!!! I want to know what scandolus things you think Adam is capable of :yes: :bump:

:flirt: wouldn't you like to know :)

:shifty: do you read Fan fic?

Sad_Girl said:

:wave: hello again! I was afraid we'd scared you off for good :giggle: Beth, right?

:wave:

Yup :)
Takes a little more to scare me off these days - although entering PLEBA was a slow and gradual process :wink:

daygloeyes2 said:

That part cracked me up too :lmao:, but that quote :lmao:.

Oh, I know! :laugh: but as funny as it would have been without the misunderstanding before it, it takes on a whole new life after he realizes his mistake. It's like :hyper: :shocked: :grumpy: "Oh yeah, well :censored: mumble mumble: at least use a condom! :grumpy:

:lmao:

And I can only imagine what the other guys had to say to him about it :lol:

Sad_Girl said:

Do tell about the liberating story!! I didn't hear that one. The more I hear of Adam the more I think he could be the man for me. :giggle: He could keep me in the manner I could grow acustomed too. :wink:

Carmel I have a feeling I would have had to give her a good beating eventually. :lol: I can only put up with so much crap from people and then you get the flip flop o' pain upside the head. :mad: :wink:

beau2ifulday said:

:wave:

Yup :)
Takes a little more to scare me off these days - although entering PLEBA was a slow and gradual process :wink:

Well, Bono may have been the most famous person to call us Pleba girls "Scary" but he was neither the first nor the last. :lol:

It's always nice to have people around to share with. We've lost several usual members to travel and other holiday adventures lately :sad:

Sad_Girl said:
DG :lmao: Bono hears sex machine and automatically thinks they're talking about him. :lmao: I love it!

:flirt: wouldn't you like to know :)

:shifty: do you read Fan fic?

Yes your stories are great, I love the way you describe Adam!!!

Yeah its not nice people go and get lives on us!!!

And we are not scary! I prefer "adventorus"! Thank you very much! :wink:

Posted by Infinitum98 on 06-19-2005 02:05 PM:
Adam Stealing Cigarettes?

I found this quote on Oasisfanatic.com:

"you got f***in millions of pounds, go get your own f***in cigarettes" - Liam on adam clayton stealing cigs

anyone know the story behind this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by financeguy on 06-19-2005 02:07 PM:

Yes, it was at Slane Castle (Ireland) in '95 when Oasis were playing. Adam visited Oasis's tent to give his regards and liberated a carton of smokes. Seemingly Liam Gallagher didn't see the funny side.

Sad_Girl said:
Posted by Infinitum98 on 06-19-2005 02:05 PM:
Adam Stealing Cigarettes?

I found this quote on Oasisfanatic.com:

"you got f***in millions of pounds, go get your own f***in cigarettes" - Liam on adam clayton stealing cigs

anyone know the story behind this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by financeguy on 06-19-2005 02:07 PM:

Yes, it was at Slane Castle (Ireland) in '95 when Oasis were playing. Adam visited Oasis's tent to give his regards and liberated a carton of smokes. Seemingly Liam Gallagher didn't see the funny side.

:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom