PLEBA girls party-too hot to handle!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
daygloeyes2 said:
Is it possible to love and care for someone unconditionally but at the same time hate them and feel anger and resentment towards them? Because that's how I feel about my mother. And last night was just another example of that. :sigh:

Yes:yes: thats how I feel about my dad:|

But its perfectly normal, I remember feeling like that too towards my mom sometimes when I was your age.:hug:

Drea said:
Okay guys, I'd like an opinion on something, even though if I decide to do it, it wouldn't happen until next year... May be slightly TMI-ish I suppose though ;)

no such thing as TMI here:wink:

shoot....

Dismantled said:

Yes:yes: thats how I feel about my dad:|

But its perfectly normal, I remember feeling like that too towards my mom sometimes when I was your age.:hug:

I feel that way about my father. But more so about my mother.

And it's not just the age. I have alot of resentment towards her for the way she treated me when I was younger and the way she continues to treat me at times. :|

daygloeyes2 said:

I feel that way about my father. But more so about my mother.

And it's not just the age. I have alot of resentment towards her for the way she treated me when I was younger and the way she continues to treat me at times. :|

your right, its not just the age.

Have you tried talking to her about it? Is there something thats bothering her? Maybe she is just frustrated with something and taking it out on you...even if it is wrong. I know I understood my mom a whole lot more once I put myself in her place....especially when I thought she was being unfair or mean towards me.

:hug: :hug:

Dismantled said:

your right, its not just the age.

Have you tried talking to her about it? Is there something thats bothering her? Maybe she is just frustrated with something and taking it out on you...even if it is wrong. I know I understood my mom a whole lot more once I put myself in her place....especially when I thought she was being unfair or mean towards me.

:hug: :hug:

It's part of that. I understand she is under alot of stress right now and at times she does take things out on me, and I'm guilty of doing the same. Even more so when I was a kid. I don't think I'll ever fully be able to forgive her for that.:slant: But last night what started the fight was....well, it's hard to explain really.

daygloeyes2 said:

It's part of that. I understand she is under alot of stress right now and at times she does take things out on me, and I'm guilty of doing the same. Even more so when I was a kid. I don't think I'll ever fully be able to forgive her for that.:slant: But last night what started the fight was....well, it's hard to explain really.

explain if you want too, if it will make you feel better...I'm all ears:hug:

*snerk* Good point, both of you ;)

Okay... I had a bra fitting two months ago, and found out that unlike the 3D 40-something I thought I was, I'm actually a 42G.

When I was leaving for my last year of university, my parents offered to pay for breast reduction surgery if I wanted it. I turned them down.

Now, 11 years later, Mom's offered to pay for it again next summer if I have the same amount of time off work I do this year (after I told her about the bra fitting).

Do I put my parents to the expense of what is basically cosmetic surgery for what is simply a minor inconvenience (having to go to a specialty shop for bras, larger size tops, etc)?

Advantages - Being able to shop normally, not feeling like I'm following my chest around some days, maybe less strain on my back...

Disadvantages - It's surgery, so there's the whole hospital thing, plus the money the 'rents would spend, and not to mention being stuck in Chatham during the recovery part...

So - do I take Mom up on the offer or not?

Drea I think you should. It would be alot less strain on your back, and in the long run will be better for your health. And if it's taking a toll on your back, it's not just a minor inconvenience. If your parents are supporting you in doing this, then go for it. :yes:

Drea said:
*snerk* Good point, both of you ;)

Okay... I had a bra fitting two months ago, and found out that unlike the 3D 40-something I thought I was, I'm actually a 42G.

When I was leaving for my last year of university, my parents offered to pay for breast reduction surgery if I wanted it. I turned them down.

Now, 11 years later, Mom's offered to pay for it again next summer if I have the same amount of time off work I do this year (after I told her about the bra fitting).

Do I put my parents to the expense of what is basically cosmetic surgery for what is simply a minor inconvenience (having to go to a specialty shop for bras, larger size tops, etc)?

Advantages - Being able to shop normally, not feeling like I'm following my chest around some days, maybe less strain on my back...

Disadvantages - It's surgery, so there's the whole hospital thing, plus the money the 'rents would spend, and not to mention being stuck in Chatham during the recovery part...

So - do I take Mom up on the offer or not?

Well.....this is how I see it. Your parents have offered now...twice. And I don't think they would have if they didn't mean it.:yes: I am sure they want to see you more "comfortable" less back strain...stuff like that.

Surgery is not pleasant to think about...but it is done quick these days..scars heal and in the long run I think you will be better off:up:

I say yes...if you want it then I would take your moms offer. She wouldn't have offered twice if she didn't want too...or if it still makes you uncomfortable offer to pay what you can..maybe make small payments to her or something. But yes..I would go for it if I were you:hug:

daygloeyes2 said:
Drea I think you should. It would be alot less strain on your back, and in the long run will be better for your health. And if it's taking a toll on your back, it's not just a minor inconvenience. If your parents are supporting you in doing this, then go for it. :yes:

exactly..things don't get easier as you get older:| your back maybe ok now...but later on it may not be:|

go for it!!!!:yes: :yes:

daygloeyes2 said:
Drea I think you should. It would be alot less strain on your back, and in the long run will be better for your health. And if it's taking a toll on your back, it's not a minor inconvenience, it's a pretty big one. If your parents are supporting you in doing this, then go for it. :yes:

Well as far as I know it's not really taking a toll on my back, at least I'm not having any problems in that way. Though I've read that it might bring on problems later in life :shrug:

VintagePunk said:
I need to find a way to go to that dinner. :sad:

Even though the tickets are probably sold out now. :madspit:

I KNOW:crazy: I don't want to even think about it! it will make me crazy:banghead:

I will be in Penn the beginning of Oct..not the end:madspit:

Ok girls...I gotta feed the dogs and I promised Mr. Dis I'd make him some blackraspberry muffins:| he just sent me an email saying he's looking foward to them...I was hoping he'd forget:lol:

Hi everyone! :wave: I'm on a lunch break at work and will be going back to work in a few minutes, but I just wanted to say hi and I'm happy that Ruffian got a ticket to Philly.

VP, Dismantled...I am convinced they'll be another gathering like this with Bono. He's done this sort of dinner/lecture thing in Portland and Atlanta. You'll get your turn...please don't be sad! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom