Pink Floyd fans your top ten songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PlaTheGreat said:

Gosh he's such a killjoy.

If you think he was a killjoy in THAT rehearsal clip:

http://www.you sendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=52BC1C340CA9CE69

Poor James...he probably was in tears afterwards.

I love this part though:

"Don't keep building the wall! You're cheating! You're fucking cheating, you wall builders, stop! You must STOP when we stop."

GibsonGirl said:

If you think he was a killjoy in THAT rehearsal clip:

http://www.you sendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=52BC1C340CA9CE69

Poor James...he probably was in tears afterwards.

I love this part though:

"Don't keep building the wall! You're cheating! You're fucking cheating, you wall builders, stop! You must STOP when we stop."

he takes "the wall" way too seriously........man:lol:

xaviMF22 said:

he takes "the wall" way too seriously........man:lol:

Heh. :wink: I would have hated to have been one of the wall builders at that moment in time. Roger had a point though. The building of the wall in the live show had to be timed just right so that the final brick could be placed in at the end of Goodbye Cruel World. So to have them carry on with the building while they were sorting out the click tracks was a bit stupid of them. :lol:

Will you please, for the love of God, halt the goddamn hammering!

scroogedfo0.jpg

Screwtape2 said:

Oh...my...God. Somewhere John Lennon is weeping.

Seriously! It's so bad. And there's a video for it too, which is even worse.

Zootlesque said:

Man, Roger comes off as a totally cranky cynic/psycho! :| Kinda like my landlord. :lol:

He was a little crazy during The Wall, yes. But he's mellowed out a lot now. Gilmour, on the other hand, has gotten crankier! That "it was like sleeping with my ex wife" comment he made after Live 8 still makes me sad. :(

GibsonGirl said:

He was a little crazy during The Wall, yes. But he's mellowed out a lot now. Gilmour, on the other hand, has gotten crankier! That "it was like sleeping with my ex wife" comment he made after Live 8 still makes me sad. :(

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

:huh:

In all seriousness, could you blame Gilmour for being dicey with Waters? I mean, I'm just a humble n00b Floyd fan :wink: but it seems that Waters really hindered Dave's creative process in the late 70's. That must have been really frustrating to have a song in your head, plan it out, play it well but then have your bandmate tell you it's not going on the album. And not just once. Over and over and over and over...
Anyways, I read an interview with Gilmour earlier this year and he seems to not be harboring any ill-will towards Waters.

We'll just have to see how this plays out in their journals, I guess. :drool:

Last edited:
GibsonGirl said:

I thought they've been fairly amicable since then :|

LemonMacPhisto said:

I thought they've been fairly amicable since then :|

Roger and Nick have been (ha, Nick loves everyone) but David and Rick are still being a bit sore about what happened in the past. Nick thinks they might be able to sort things out, though, which is good. I don't care if there's a reunion tour or not, I just want them all to be civil to one another!

It is sad to see relationships like the Waters/ Gilmour one. At least the members of The Beatles and The Police liked each other when they weren't making music. People like David Lee Roth and Axl Rose really seem lost without thier bands whether they admit it or not. I suspect Roger Waters secretly wants to get together with the band. David Gilmour won't allow it though.
Please, have a reunion tour with Roger! :drool: :drool: :drool:

GibsonGirl said:

Roger and Nick have been (ha, Nick loves everyone) but David and Rick are still being a bit sore about what happened in the past. Nick thinks they might be able to sort things out, though, which is good. I don't care if there's a reunion tour or not, I just want them all to be civil to one another!

I agree, it's pretty heartbreaking to hear that they're still that sore.

It's almost as bad as the Beatles circa-1970.

Roger = Paul
David = John
Rick = George
Nick = Ringo

Because Ringo loves everyoneeeeeeeee.

ringo765720zp0.jpg

Screwtape2 said:
At least the members of The Beatles ... liked each other when they weren't making music.

:huh: Surely you jest.
Paul vs. John was ugly. They made up right before John died, but it was probably just as bad between them as it is/was Gilmour/Waters.

Because Ringo loves everyoneeeeeeeee.

:love: And I love Ringo for that! :drool:

Ringo and Nick get together on Sundays for playdates.

Mainly to play MY LI'L PONY

unicornfoalvf0.jpg

PlaTheGreat said:

:huh: Surely you jest.
Paul vs. John was ugly. They made up right before John died, but it was probably just as bad between them as it is/was Gilmour/Waters.

I think Paul respected what John did outside of the realm of music and John felt the same of Paul. Outside of music I believe they respected each other.
I'm not sure Gilmour and Waters will make up before one of them passes away.

Screwtape2 said:

I think Paul respected what John did outside of the realm of music and John felt the same of Paul. Outside of music I believe they respected each other.
I'm not sure Gilmour and Waters will make up before one of them passes away.

Have you read John's Rolling Stone interview from '71?

It's a complete wanklovefest for Paul at parts.

Screwtape2 said:
It is sad to see relationships like the Waters/ Gilmour one. At least the members of The Beatles and The Police liked each other when they weren't making music. People like David Lee Roth and Axl Rose really seem lost without thier bands whether they admit it or not. I suspect Roger Waters secretly wants to get together with the band. David Gilmour won't allow it though.
Please, have a reunion tour with Roger! :drool: :drool: :drool:

It definitely is sad. Waters has said quite a few times recently that he'd enjoy getting back together with Pink Floyd. Mason REALLY wants to get back together, judging by his recent interviews. It's all up to Gilmour, now. If Gilmour agrees to it, Wright will as well. Gilmour says he isn't really up for the whole Pink Floyd thing, with or without Waters, because of all the expectation that comes along with it. It would be fantastic if he had a change of heart!

And Pla, yes, I can definitely see it from Gilmour's point of view. Roger got just a tad bit controlling between 1978 and 1983. :wink: One thing to remember, though, is that the band could have told Roger to release The Wall and The Final Cut as solo albums if they were really that upset about his attitude. They didn't...why? Money, it's a gas! Still, I do feel sympathetic towards David because his contributions were very important. I have absolutely no sympathy for Rick at that point in time, though, because he basically told Roger "I don't like this" and gave no alternative suggestions. That's why Roger (AND DAVID! Everyone always forgets that) thought it would be best if Rick left. He wasn't contributing anything.

GILMOUR: "We had a studio in the south of France where Rick was staying. There rest of us had rented houses 20 miles away. We'd all go home at night, and we'd say to Rick, Do what you like, here all these tracks, write something, play a solo, put some stuff down. You've got all evening every evening to do it. All the time we were there, which was several months, he did nothing. He just wasn't capable of playing anything."

Last edited:
But anyway, enough about one of the most saddening band splits in rock history. :(

I don't know terribly much about The Division Bell, so I was wondering if anyone can help me. The intro to High Hopes...was it intentional to make musical references to past Pink Floyd songs? I always thought it was very cool how it all linked back. The bells at the beginning sound identical to the bells in Fat Old Sun and the buzzing/bird sounds sound the same as the effects used at the end of Grantchester Meadows. I'm thinking that it probably was intentional considering that there are some songs on the album that appear to make reference to Pink Floyd's past (despite Gilmour and co. saying that it doesn't.) I'm not sure, though.

GibsonGirl said:

I have absolutely no sympathy for Rick at that point in time, though, because he basically told Roger "I don't like this" and gave no alternative suggestions. That's why Roger (AND DAVID! Everyone always forgets that) thought it would be best if Rick left. He wasn't contributing anything.

Yeah, well...drugs make you apathetic. :(

I'd have throw him out too. It's a big wake up call when your mates tell you it's over. :up:
And yes, I know David was part of the kick-Rick-out decision. :wink:

GibsonGirl said:
I'm thinking that it probably was intentional considering that there are some songs on the album that appear to make reference to Pink Floyd's past (despite Gilmour and co. saying that it doesn't.) I'm not sure, though.

I've heard some of that too, but not in the songs you've listed. I can't remember what though but I definitely noticed some similarities.
Maybe it's just a gentle nudge at a reconciliation that never happened?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom