Pictures from Gavin's father's funeral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sami0201

Blue Crack Addict
I'm kind of wondering if I should be posting these. But:

53255630.jpg

53255629.jpg

53255627.jpg

53255626.jpg

53255625.jpg

Last edited:
Its so nice that all the boys came for it. I guess they've known Gavins dad for over 30 years!

And I know this is really inappropriate considering the event but Ali looks really beautiful:reject:

The one with Gavin in it, do you happen to know if the 2 gentlemen near him are his brothers?

Oh i never thought of that - they kind of look like him from the side/back!

I found a few more, but I wasn't sure if I should post them too :reject:.

7527c7c1.jpg

98b5529e.jpg

If you guys or the mods think we should take them down, that's okay with me (I don't want to speak for sami, but I don't she'd have a problem taking them down either if you guys want). I wasn't sure what to do :reject:.

12944cc8.jpg

kellyahern said:
I found a few more, but I wasn't sure if I should post them too :reject:.

If you guys or the mods think we should take them down, that's okay with me (I don't want to speak for sami, but I don't she'd have a problem taking them down either if you guys want). I wasn't sure what to do :reject:.

of course...it's fine with me too if anyone thinks we should take them down.

kellyahern said:

Yeah I'm actually trying to decide whether or not to leave this thread open. It seems to be fine for now but I just remember what it was like when Bono's dad died and the fights that broke out over posting pics and mp3's etc. :slant:

MrsDarcy said:
^ mp3's??? That's awful!

Some people asked if there were any mp3s of the music from the church. Luckily, there weren't.

About the pictures, that is certainly the most casually-dressed group of funeral attenders I've ever seen. It would seem to suggest that the late Mr. Hanvey was an informal type of person. Does anyone know anything about him? (He certainly produced an interesting son.)

biff said:

About the pictures, that is certainly the most casually-dressed group of funeral attenders I've ever seen. It would seem to suggest that the late Mr. Hanvey was an informal type of person. Does anyone know anything about him? (He certainly produced an interesting son.)

thats what i was thinking as well

jeans to a funeral?

94ce5a26.jpg
[/B][/QUOTE]

I didn't want to be the first one to say it, but really, you wouldn't know this was a funeral. Is this Ann? Is she kidding? And I'm not just talking about the jeans. Edge ditched the hat when Bob died, it may sound painfully old-fashioned, but guys aren't supposed to wear hats in church, it's a sign of disrespect, and someone's father's funeral probably isn't the best place to start redefining mores. I'm surprised by some of this, I must say.

And for my two cents, I don't think there is anything disrespectful about posting these -- sneaky-peepy pix taken during the Mass, yeah, but no one seems too upset about the cameras being there. I didn't even know the poor man died until this post.

First I think I should send my condolences to Gavin Friday and all affected by the loss of his father. :sad:

Now for another inappropriate post.......

Does anyone else think Ann looks REALLY skinny?

Last edited:
Maybe they were instructed to dress casual? There are pics of Adam and Edge at a funeral (Bill Graham's ?) were they look like they are wearing the worst golf outfits ever:

3444%3A46323232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2327%3D783%3D89%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E2323437%3A789%3A4ot1lsi

3444%3A46323232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2327%3D783%3D89%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E2323437%3A8385%3Bot1lsi

Jim Henson had it in his will that everyone at the funeral wear bright colors and no black.

Don't know if this is the case here, just a thought :shrug:.

Last edited:
I wasn't too upset about the jeans, as long as they were black, and the hats-- well, what are you going to do? But Ann, that is totally disrespectful, at least try to get some grey in, please. And try to cover up your cleavage when youre in Church. Ali is the pinnacle of a proper lady- black, shoulders covered. I may be agnostic, but have some respect when you're in Church, no matter what denomination. I don't think Gavin would care, he's not a very religious person, but I mean even if youre not expected to dress appropriately, you should try out of respect.

I don't know that much about Gavin's father, just his name (Robert Paschal Hanvey) and that he and Gavin had a difficult time living in the same house when Gavin was a boy-- just like Bono and his father. Gavin talked about him quite a lot in the one man show he did, unforunately I didn't go to it.

I imagine Edge would have taken his hat off in the church. :shrug: He doesn't seem like the sort to disrespect anyone like that.

Fille Friday said:
I wasn't too upset about the jeans, as long as they were black, and the hats-- well, what are you going to do? But Ann, that is totally disrespectful, at least try to get some grey in, please. And try to cover up your cleavage when youre in Church. Ali is the pinnacle of a proper lady- black, shoulders covered. I may be agnostic, but have some respect when you're in Church, no matter what denomination. I don't think Gavin would care, he's not a very religious person, but I mean even if youre not expected to dress appropriately, you should try out of respect.

I don't know that much about Gavin's father, just his name (Robert Paschal Hanvey) and that he and Gavin had a difficult time living in the same house when Gavin was a boy-- just like Bono and his father. Gavin talked about him quite a lot in the one man show he did, unforunately I didn't go to it.

I was there and it was a wonderful show. He also talked about his mam and had a picture of them both in the background.

I don't see any disrespect to wearing a hat in a church or wearing jeans or whatever to a funeral. :shrug:

Its all crap about what people are wearing the point is they are there to pay their last respects to someone they cared about.

omg @ the golf outfits :uhoh: :laugh: :reject:

I am sure they were told to dress casual, for whatever reason. I am sure they meant no disrespect by any means.

Kelly, if you hadn’t said that it is Susie Smith, I wouldn’t have recognised her. She’s looking better.

And yes, I agree Ann is too skinny. She’s probably on the same diet as Larry.:huh:

kellyahern said:
Maybe they were instructed to dress casual? There are pics of Adam and Edge at a funeral (Bill Graham's ?) were they look like they are wearing the worst golf outfits ever:

3444%3A46323232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2327%3D783%3D89%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E2323437%3A789%3A4ot1lsi

3444%3A46323232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2327%3D783%3D89%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E2323437%3A8385%3Bot1lsi

Jim Henson had it in his will that everyone at the funeral wear bright colors and no black.

Don't know if this is the case here, just a thought :shrug:.

I remember those pics. Strangely enough, Bono rather uncharacteristically wore a suit, albeit a strange one.

kellyahern said:

Yeah, that's it. The material was super-shiny; you can see it clearly in other pics. I remember one in particular in which Bono is lighting up a cig.
Kelly, you glorious queen of the pics, surely you have that one too!!:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom