Pickle Street, West Virgina Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah. Leak for real, huh? I put my email on the request thread :shrug: Thought I may as well. I'll just sit back, I'm not gonna wade through page upon page of hysteria in WTAHAN!

I'm going to be sent a copy. I'll e-mail it to all you people who want it.

This is so funny. GetMusic is an official site of Universal Australia. Somebody was probably in a rush to go out for a beer or lunch and is going to come back to no job. :laugh:

It leaked :ohmy:

*doesntlistendoesn'tlistendoesn'tlisten*

...I can't stay because I'm completely exhausted to the point of getting lightheaded sitting in Arby's, but I need to spread this around.

A yarn store in Victoria is asking anyone that can to knit squares which the owner will stitch together into blankets for victims of the fires. I'm going to make as many as I can (and I'm a fast knitter.)

Hello Everyone,

Many of you won’t be able to read this immediately as you will be the ones most affected by the recent fire storm tragedies here in Victoria. If that is you, my sincerest thoughts are with you and yours. All strength and courage to you.

To everyone else, a small, informal request. It you felt like it, I have given specifications below for a simple knitted moss stitch square in 8 ply double knitting. To anyone with a spare ball and a few hours, would you like to knit a square and send to me? I will be stitching them into rugs and taking them to families I know who are directly affected by the fires. Some have lost not only their homes and businesses but whole famlies of children and grandchildren. It seemed to me that the kindess of strangers and small acts from their hands may give strength and courage for the journey ahead.

I am more than willing and happy to send a ball of wool to anyone who needs it to make a square and just ask that the colours be those of life and regeneration - greens, blues and the soothing browns of the earth. If you would like to, I would like to add your name (first name only) and where you come from to cards to enclose with the rugs. Please let me know if I can do this on your behalf.

Solidarity Square: On 5mm needles and using any 8 ply (double knitting) wool cast on 39 stitches. Using Moss Stitch ( knit 1 purl 1 knit 1 purl 1 etc all the time, every row) work 21 cm. Cast off. (in Moss Stitch or just knit stitch if you prefer).

Post to PO BOX 518 Mooroolbark 3138 Victoria. I will take photos of the finished rugs and email out before I give them.

Thank you everyone.

Safety and solace,
Corinne at Thicket.
info @ thicket.com.au

The email originally went to members of the store's site, but now it's being shared farther to increase the efforts.

I'm going to be sent a copy. I'll e-mail it to all you people who want it.

This is so funny. GetMusic is an official site of Universal Australia. Somebody was probably in a rush to go out for a beer or lunch and is going to come back to no job. :laugh:
thanks ax :)

alternatively if i get sent a copy first, i'll send it to you guys.

:love:

everyone in my classes at uni hate him too. if there was some way to beat up both of them, it would be a great day.

when i was reading back, you're starting this year right? where?

Haha, that's awesome.
Auckland :up: Where are you?

Ax/Khan, whoever gets it first, I'd appreciate a copy! :)

OK, looks like it'll be a little while for me. I'm being sent a full zip of NLOTH, it's ~100MB and will take about 30 minutes at its current speed. I'm then going to put it on send space or whatever, but that's going to take plenty of time. So I probably won't be first here. But once I've got it on send space, I'll be happy to swing to any actual Superthreader. Don't even think about making this a request thread, anybody who's lurking on iSpy.

OK, looks like it'll be a little while for me. I'm being sent a full zip of NLOTH, it's ~100MB and will take about 30 minutes at its current speed. I'm then going to put it on send space or whatever, but that's going to take plenty of time. So I probably won't be first here. But once I've got it on send space, I'll be happy to swing to any actual Superthreader. Don't even think about making this a request thread, anybody who's lurking on iSpy.

your post was too long to be fully visible on ispy, lmao.

but cheers, ax.

:hug:

It appears U2 will dominate my Last Fm Charts....once again...for a week anyway, and if the album is any good, maybe longer!

i'm just down the hill at aut.

Nice, what are you doing there?

Cheers :up: I'm pretty excited now!!
Oh god, hopefully we don't get any "0MG aXver has tha nu album cn u PLSSS send it 2 me omg omg" in here...

Oooh yes, I'm getting this for my birthday :drool: The album release and the Coldplay concert were very handily positioned around my birthday, actually! :lol:

:applaud:

I'm such a 'hard copy' girl....I enjoy my mp3's etc but I have to physically have the goods in my hot little hands to be fully satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom