PGP - we're just skanking it up on the GA rail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blimey this thread is so busy! :crack: 20 pages? That's far too much to catch up. :lol:

My friend's birthday was nice, we went to dinner with another friend and then saw the new X-men movie. Were going to go for Hangover 2 but it didn't play until way late. Then we gamed until I fell asleep at some point and we continued when we woke up.:D

:reject: I felt guilty leaving my cat home alone for a day. I mean, my parents are both on holidays now and she's getting old and clingy, and here I go leave her for more than a day. I saw one of her toy mice on the couch, she used to play with them when she was younger. Now she seems to keep them as company. :(

Good morning, PGP. :hug: Have you missed me? I've totally missed you guys! So many stories to tell. I'll probably just save 'em all up for Montreal.

But but... I won't be at Montreal. :sad::angry: Can we get the hilights now? :hmm::D

Glad to see the photos in the tonys thread without WM's now, thanks GR :hug:

we need this one tho too :shifty: :cute:

bonoedgetonys.jpg

A Belga is a professional media site. I was going to register....but they wanted invoice info. Has anyone considered pooling money for a membership? I do have Wireimage - which I pay for monthly.

I'd be up for pooling for a membership if anyone else wants to, you can PM me GR if interested! :)

I have some new stuff for you all :shifty: Here are a few, but I'm still gathering. I'm going to put them all in the Misc thread.

bonostellamccartney106-12-2011.jpg

bonostellamccartney7tribecaNY6-12-2011.jpg

Good morning, PGP. :hug: Have you missed me? I've totally missed you guys! So many stories to tell. I'll probably just save 'em all up for Montreal.

Missed you thissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss much :hug:

OH and PLEASE keep your fingers
crossed for me over this next hour or 2!!!

What's going on that you need fingers crossed for?

So despite still feeling gross, and that my nose is running like crazy, I'm going downtown to watch the hockey game tonight. There's a chance the Canucks will win the Cup tonight, so I HAVE to be downtown for all the craziness. I just hope I feel a bit better before I have to leave in a few hours. :lol:

What's going on that you need fingers crossed for?

So despite still feeling gross, and that my nose is running like crazy, I'm going downtown to watch the hockey game tonight. There's a chance the Canucks will win the Cup tonight, so I HAVE to be downtown for all the craziness. I just hope I feel a bit better before I have to leave in a few hours. :lol:

oh absolutely you have to be there!!!! :hug::hyper:

Who are there playing against ???

as for fingerscrossed-- :shifty:

Someone I know sometimes has an in
at the Y where B & E will be talking tonight!

I saw over on The Y Thread that t hey just dropped some seats around noon.....

they have done me favors in the past, so I can't be too disappointed if it dfpoesn't work out....

I'll be outside anyway! :lol: :hyper:

oh absolutely you have to be there!!!! :hug::hyper:

Who are there playing against ???

as for fingerscrossed-- :shifty:

Someone I know sometimes has an in
at the Y where B & E will be talking tonight!

I saw over on The Y Thread that t hey just dropped some seats around noon.....

they have done me favors in the past, so I can't be too disappointed if it dfpoesn't work out....

I'll be outside anyway! :lol: :hyper:

The Boston Bruins. The Canucks are ahead in the best of 7 series (we're winning 3-2), so if they win tonight, the Cup is ours!! :heart:

Oh, that would be neat to hear them talk. I'm assuming it's about Spiderman? I really know NOTHING about anything that's going on in U2-land. I've been so used to avoiding every single mention of them for the past few months that I haven't un-blocked the forums that I hid. :lol: I really should do that sometime soon...

Anyone have suggestions for tailoring a t-shirt? My 7 shirt started out as a mens shirt from Target (the mens shirts were $7 vs $22 for womens!) and although I've altered the neckline to be more boob-friendly, the rest of it is still super boxy and shapeless. I need to pull it in a few inches, but I'm not sure the best place to do that without having ugly seams. Ideas?

Anyone have suggestions for tailoring a t-shirt? My 7 shirt started out as a mens shirt from Target (the mens shirts were $7 vs $22 for womens!) and although I've altered the neckline to be more boob-friendly, the rest of it is still super boxy and shapeless. I need to pull it in a few inches, but I'm not sure the best place to do that without having ugly seams. Ideas?

:wave: :hug: hi MTE

FUNNY ..........

I've been remembering recently about standing around while my mom (expert sewer and very good plus dress designer) would either make clothes from patterns ( though she i think also learned to do her own ) or alter stuff on me ! !!

because I'm thinking I might have to alter some stuff at some point! :lol::crack::lol: And maybe even make some clothes

but I'm going to research a new trend which is
"sewing" clothes together with glue!!!

So..... :hmm:..............

I'm thinking start from under the boob area because that's where you arm when they are hanging down straight would hide the seams some of he time.....

you should confirm all this with Zu /or maybe comet?

and also if you're taking it in a fair amount I think....

you cut some of the excess material off and sew the resulting
cut about a half or quarter inch in the inseide.

think of a long, narowwish, upside down "V" i would say, for the cut but pin it first.....

The Boston Bruins. The Canucks are ahead in the best of 7 series (we're winning 3-2), so if they win tonight, the Cup is ours!! :heart:

thanks thora! :hug:

I THOT it was the Bruins ...esp with the cracks between a certain near Bostonian we all love and some Maple Leafers around theses here parts!!!

Oh, that would be neat to hear them talk. I'm assuming it's about Spiderman? I really know NOTHING about anything that's going on in U2-land. I've been so used to avoiding every single mention of them for the past few months that I haven't un-blocked the forums that I hid. :lol: I really should do that sometime soon...

yes! you should !!! :lol::D

:wave: :hug: hi MTE

FUNNY ..........

I've been remembering recently about standing around while my mom (expert sewer and very good plus dress designer) would either make clothes from patterns ( though she i think also learned to do her own ) or alter stuff on me ! !!

because I'm thinking I might have to alter some stuff at some point! :lol::crack::lol: And maybe even make some clothes

but I'm going to research a new trend which is
"sewing" clothes together with glue!!!

So..... :hmm:..............

I'm thinking start from under the boob area because that's where you arm when they are hanging down straight would hide the seams some of he time.....

you should confirm all this with Zu /or maybe comet?

and also if you're taking it in a fair amount I think....

you cut some of the excess material off and sew the resulting
cut about a half or quarter inch in the inseide.

think of a long, narowwish, upside down "V" i would say, for the cut but pin it first.....

:wave:

The funny thing is I'm awesome at altering dresses and regular shirts, but I feel like the t-shirt doesn't hide random seams as well. :lol: I suppose I could take it in a bit in the spot the big black square under the 7 is going to cover?

Here's the current fit (pardon my lack of a head)

5830108470_54e1198609.jpg

The black square & 7 are still just pinned on, I may end up moving it up or down a bit.

Go Canucks!!! Bring the cup home to Canada :cheer: Hope you have a blast tonight Sharon!! I'll look for you on tv in the crowd :wink:

:cabbagepatch: :hi5:

:lol: Good luck finding me! :wink: They're expecting at LEAST 100,000 people downtown tonight. :crack: :lol: I just hope I'm leaving early enough to find parking at one of the train stations. :crack:

We won't be watching on one of the big screens in the middle of the street (too crowded and claustrophobic for both of us) - we're going to our regular downtown bar hangout. The BFF is going early to score us a booth or something. She'll be nursing a beer for a few hours until I get there. :lol:

Hi Ali! :)

I mostly just enjoyed the show, instead of taking pictures. : love:
Yeah, I tried to stop myself taking too many pics, and just enjoy the gigs too. I don't know why it's so hard to do that sometimes!

I know why i do a lot of photography esp now for U2....
I've always done alot of R&R photography
for my ultra-fav and fave bands....

1) b/c I love photography/and R&R phtogoraphy is a :heart: favorite
sub-set off mine

I'vr gotten some damn fine photos
over the decades. I could have made
a ? partial career of it BUT I really
don't like to take photos of bands who's
music I don't like and there were several Major musical sub-categories of rock bands I really don't like, so I think it would have limited my income too much.

Now with several semi-major, major and Super-major bands I came in mid-late beginning,
early middle ( before Super-fame).

Back then (late 60's early - ?early 80's) we had much more camera leeway as fans as long as we didn't used big flashes... the kind you would add on to an SLR!

I TOOK an SLR to many of these shows and learned how to change from regular to Zoom lens in the middle of a show!!!

SO yes my photos depending on distance and sometimes how much I blew then up.... would be usually somewhat to quite grainy.
BUT if looked at how I photographed I often got good to fantastic pics! :hyper: :heart:

SO it's in mah blood to so speak to do this! :lol:

BUT ALSO with all these other bands I got to see them close up SEVERAL times; so I actually would a times put the camera down because I'd gotten photos that I thought would be good.

With U2 i had sooo much bad luck with getting blah seats........ till recently (and only 2 times- once about 15 rows away & 09's Outer Rrail :heart: victory! ) that my camera tendency is still very strong!

I did put it down the 3rd time Bono came by .. he stopped right near me for COBL. Since that is one of my ultra U2 songs I just sang along and watchd!

We had the worst seats in the house for Zoo TV - Inside Broadcast. That tour they did something called 'ticket upgrade'. If you were last row behind the stage, you had opportunity to swap your shit tickets for the 1st 10 rows. I skipped class (college) and got the tickets from my friends mom. We went down the venue and I was the very first person to show up. The woman looked at my tickets and said, "I think you get front row." I collapsed right there. Sure enough, I was front row center in front of Bono.

:ohmy: ZOO -TV :jealous!: lucky you!!! :D

Yeah, even though he was right in front of me - I barely remember it. I do remember having shitty floor seats for Outside Broadcast. I climbed over chairs to get to the second stage about the time Bono crawled into the audience for End of the World. I was right there and touched the thigh for a moment. But I've never met him.

oh dear!
..... and :ohmy: :drool: x 10,000 !!! :D

I was recovering from a sprained ankle and climbed over several rows to get one of Daltry's mini-cymbals off of the tambourine he was using at after the show that landed in the pit!

THAT was our upgraded show b/c our seats ? Row 25 were taken up by the sound board and we got Row 10 (center) instead! :hyper:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom