PGP: Waiting for U2 to Blow Out the Tumbleweeds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hyper ::hyper :VP! BIG:hug :ssss

my sis is pretty good to good, considering.

My dad is stable. either viisitng him tonight or tues,.

:hyper:
I DO have one piece of
VERY Exciting news...
I've been wanting to share but shorter times in at art & on-line got in the way....

*** I'm having my first BIG Drawing Streak in about Fifteen Months!!!!! ***

:yippie::yippie::yippie:
while I haven't had the time time to do much these past 2 weeks...From late Jan through much of Feb I have been drawing Landscaspes and started doing futuristic or other SF type Urbanscapes!!!!and practicing practicing my peple drawing.

THIS time the landscaspes and and urbanscaspes are coming back first instead of my people ( like back in 99 when it was people first , then the land & urbanscapes).

Even though I haven't done much the past 10+ days I still can feel the urge, the:heart: humming imagination below the suface !!!

cute VP, you alm,ost look like you're trying to decide whether to give a big smile...or not! :D

that IS kind of strange about posting it on fb under the circumstances!

how's sarah?

and is the Hippodrome in Montreal just a grass field or a reall stadium people?

I may have yo giver up trying for Montreal and choose the closer thravel to Philly to try for aGA don't know yet. :sigh:

Glad to hear about your dad and sister, and GREAT news about your drawing inspiration! :)

I was probably mentally rolling my eyes in that picture, lol. :wink:

Sarah's good thanks, she's home for the weekend. I posted a few pages back, it's her birthday Wed, and I didn't know till Thurs night that she was coming home, and I've been very busy all week and wasn't able to do much to prepare for it, but she doesn't seem to mind. :)

Montreal is basically a field in which they're constructing stands for seating.

Thanks Thora. :) Don't know about gorgeous, but it was nice to come across something I don't totally hate. :lol:

I made it in on time to see VP's pic. :cute: :up:

I'm currently distracted doing something I've meant to do for a long time. All my U2 cd's have skips in them when I play them in my car. Guess I played them too much, but half of them sound like Bono is stuttering or rapping when they skip, so I'm burning all the records myself onto new cd's. Yay! I'll finally get to hear Bono sing STAY without singing "st st st stay!" Sometimes the stutters were pretty funny though so I'll miss it a little bit. :giggle: They might even sound better too since my itunes versions of all their albums are actually better quality than the official release cd's, I think, if I'm not mistaken!

VP :giggle: mentally rolling your eyes! i can see that!

ran through the Lost talk
I can definately see how those last 10 mins would bum you/Sarah out!

I beleive in one of the later interviews ( towards end of show or just after it was filmed ( last eps) but not aired or smpthin' >>>>
the two of them said they wanted to have a Spiritual Part, that it was important to them. And also they were not afraid to have the SF part that runs through it as well-- with the definition of SF as the post-mid 60's revolution would also include psychology, sociology, history as well as the hard sciences.

Even though I am some kind of believer {after my agnostic/atheist phase
(and reject all fundalmentalism in any religion)...i was also kind of disappointed!

I also wanted the "alt world" to be an effect of the bomb going off. Sort of a quantum reality split so they did experience in the real world in their alt life, and that their real alt-selves "collapsed" back into their original Island-lived selves.

Taxes :| I'm avoiding. I usually get a refund so once they're done I'm glad, but motivating myself to the horrendously boring task of doing them is the hardest part. (and I'm afraid I won't get a refund this year, so I don't wanna find out!)

Bye VP :hug: Nice catching up (on Lost) :lol:

:wave:

yeah we had tickets for original date last year

now this year it's too expensive for us all to go to Chicago as well as Montreal & Toronto :sad: and it's willcall collection so hoping for a refund

Oh damn :(

Damn that Bono bastard and his back! :madwife:

( :shifty: you know I still Love you Bono :kiss: )

This one's for Zu's collection. :wink:
band0794li0.jpg

:hyper:

Oh shoot. I realized the last one that Comet posted for that purpose I saw at work so I couldn't upload it to my pb. Maybe she'll be nice and lead me to it or post it again. (I don't even remember where it was posted :reject: )

How did it go Zooey :hug:

Pardon my French but it was FUCKING ridiculous. The first half of the "interview" was a joke. There were 5 tables, each with a person with a question. We had exactly 2 minutes to be asked the question, which they weren't allowed to clarify, and answer it. Then a fucking timer went off and we'd move to the next table.

Then we were shown data about test scores and we had 15 minutes to write about how we'd use that info to plan our lessons and explain our rationale for doing what we'd do. And after 15 minutes another fucking timer went off, we printed out what we'd typed and THAT WAS IT!

THAT is how they're going to determine whether or not I'm a good teacher???!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Pardon my rant but I was PISSED!

*goes back to catching up*

But thanks for asking, and for the record, I think my answers were really good. :shrug: But whatever, if that's the system that doesn't want me, then I don't want to be a part of it. Know what I mean?

Okay, rant really over this time. :reject:

:hug:What a ridiculious way to interview!:huh:

I'll keep my fingers crossed, and if they have any brains at all, you will be there next year!

I just noticed them. :giggle:

So yesterday I went grocery shopping, and bought a bunch of mini cupcakes to take to a dinner party I'm going to tomorrow. I thought I could resist the lure of those damn tempting cupcakes, but I couldn't. :lol: I just ate 3 of them. :reject: I should have waited to buy the cupcakes until I was on the way to my friends' house, because now I'm going to have to buy an entirely new pack of them - it wouldn't look so good to show up with some of them eaten. :lol: At least they're cheap! :wink:

:lmao: That's hilarous!!!

Just finished another essay!! :hyper:

Only two more to go :D

*gets out pompoms* Go K! You can do it!!!!

I jsut checked my mail downstairs... my energy bill has gone back down to below 100! That's very nice. Under 100 is more reasonable. Last month is spiked it 188... :yikes:

Yikes indeed! Our electric bill gets like that in the summer when it's 108F outside and we've got the AC going nonstop.

I get billed every other month for electric. I always have two bills well over $100 in the winter months, and then the rest of the year it's rarely over $30, which is pretty awesome.

Then again, I don't have air conditioning. One of these years, I'll probably cave and get a small a/c unit that I can set up in my bedroom for the few times a year it gets really hot, and then I'm sure my bills will go up for those months.

zu, I'm so sorry for the ridiculousness of that interview. :hug: That's baffling that they think they can deduce who is a good teacher from doing something as stupid as that. Thinking good thoughts for you anyway. :hug:

Electricity is included in my rent, which is a good thing. It's always been included wherever I've lived, so I'm scared to think what it will be once I own my own place. :lol: :uhoh: I don't think I'm unreasonable with my usage, since my landlords have never said anything about it, but I'm not going to worry until I have to. :)

The first part sounds like speed dating.

That's pretty messed up.

:hug:

I made a joke like that. The other 4 teachers in my "group" laughed a little. THe Human Resources people didn't. :|

:hug:What a ridiculious way to interview!:huh:

I'll keep my fingers crossed, and if they have any brains at all, you will be there next year!

This is what worries me. :|

Back
Top Bottom