PGP : The boys have given us a mighty fine 360° ride?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's really cool! :up: Wish I could see that musical.

Uck, first day without bandages(tho had to wear a plaster in the lab all day, which I just peeled off) and it's starting to hurt while typing. Not good. >< It's the most annoying spot for a burn mark, right inbetween my thumb and index finger, pretty much covering all the flesh there. :crack:

That's really cool! :up: Wish I could see that musical.

Uck, first day without bandages(tho had to wear a plaster in the lab all day, which I just peeled off) and it's starting to hurt while typing. Not good. >< It's the most annoying spot for a burn mark, right inbetween my thumb and index finger, pretty much covering all the flesh there. :crack:

:hug: Ugh, burns are annoying. I used to get burned all the time when I worked in fast food and at a country club.

And yeah, I wish I could go to NYC and see musicals. But hey, I am not about to complain because I had one of the best days ever in Pittsburgh. How can I possibly complain when I got a baby blessing from Bono? :cute:

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating, but at least it's not worse. :crack: I can still somehow work with this, so it won't delay my lab period.

You're still so incredibly lucky for that. :love: You got a Bono bellyrub.

:love: was already wondering where you dissapeared to. I figured a certain guitarist decided to run off with you.

Hey, when the Edge shows up and is like "We're running away together!" you can't be like "Hang on, I need to inform the Plebans first!" ;) (That or we didn't get around to paying the cable bill in time and had no phone/tv/internet all day... bleh!)

A friend of mine is taking a family trip to NYC - they are not only seeing How To Succeed with Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter for those not familiar), they got tickets for Spiderman!!

And yes, she told me about this BECAUSE she knows I'm a huge U2 fan...:lol:

My other true love, Darren Criss, might be taking over Daniel's role on Broadway when he quits! :drool:

On the train home. Just heard the live boot of City of Blinding Lights with the Wake Up intro on my iPod. Very excited and sad.

I just don't want to sit around all day in the rain, walk back and forth in the rain, camp in the rain. :(

Fucking rain.

The forecast shows rain on Friday night and Saturday. Sunday, of course, looks beautiful. At least it's not supposed to be hot - just mid 70s.

I don't know how muddy it might get. Someone said they used to have more parking at the site, but after one big show where it rained, tons of cars got stuck in the mud. So now they don't have as much parking.

There's a Moncton FB group and people keep talking about rumors of celebrities coming to the show. I don't care if they're going to be at the show, but I hope it's not a parade of celebrities (even musicians) on stage or anything. I'm just there for a U2 show, please.

Wow, I'm really cranky right now. :lol:

Oh and apparently, my son found a stray kitten while Mr.Z and he were up visiting the grandparents tonight. They got her checked out at the vet and my son became very attached to her. So I guess we're getting a kitten - 7 weeks old. Not sure how grumpy grown up cat is going to feel about that - I guess we'll find out tomorrow...
Almost the same exact thing happened to me and my mom 3 years ago! At first our 2 older cats hated it, but then the one the kitten interacted with most has finally gotten used to her, and unfortunately we had to put the other cat down last November (she was really old and had kidney problems).

Oh sweet Jesus - I made the local Moncton paper. :doh:

So did you Cori.
I read that article. That was awesome.

I was in the paper once, but for an entirely different reason.

Bono was joking that Adam's been wanting one, so for all I know I might be carrying an Adamling...:shifty:

Hmm, I wonder if it is scientifically possible for Bono and Adam to both be mah bb's daddy. :hmm: If it is, we all know Edge would be the scientist making it happen. (Poor Larry, left out of the fun...the Larry girls need to make it up to him. :sexywink: )
:shifty:

A friend of mine is taking a family trip to NYC - they are not only seeing How To Succeed with Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter for those not familiar), they got tickets for Spiderman!!

And yes, she told me about this BECAUSE she knows I'm a huge U2 fan...:lol:
I wanna see How To Succeedso bad!

Am starting to feel anxious. :grumpy:
No no no
DO A HAPPY DANCE

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Hey, when the Edge shows up and is like "We're running away together!" you can't be like "Hang on, I need to inform the Plebans first!" ;) (That or we didn't get around to paying the cable bill in time and had no phone/tv/internet all day... bleh!)

My other true love, Darren Criss, might be taking over Daniel's role on Broadway when he quits! :drool:

I love Darren. I've been a fan since he was doing the AVPM/AVPS stuff with the StarKids at university! He's HARRY FREAKING POTTER. (ignore my weird HP/AVPM references...:reject:)

And yeah, if you ran away with Edge, there'd be no thinking about informing us, lol. You'd be too busy soaking up all that quality Edge time. :D

like, the walk of shame, walking to the bar in the clothes you wore the night before to get your car that you were too drunk to drive the night before : giggle: Not that I would know anything about that : shifty:
Luckily for me I never got sooo drunk that I couldn't take public Transit home - that is, without the dangers of falling down the stairs or on to the tracks! :lol: :uhoh::yikes:

I'm 27 and can't party as well as I did at 20. : reject:
Ah, mommyhood.

It's sad that I have spent most of today sitting online and doing nothing. I call it my U2 recovery period. :shh:

Hell, everyone needs recovery time for something (besides being sick) ! :D :hug:

A Safe, Healthy Pregnancy & Delivery :heart: and a Happy, Health bebe to you, CK!

I still can go out go with my younger U2 friends and stay out & dance to the music of UF till 12 midnight - 1 AM + hang out time with them & band after.

AND the fact that I did my 1st GA @ 56 and now my 2nd one @58 as some kind of testemont to a pretty good constitution.

And if I had had the $$ maybe another GA or 2 right after each other with a hotel room... I think I could have done it! :love:

Must keep training up for GA next tour! :lmao:

MY biggest problem was getting up & down off the floor. :uhoh:

:hmm:
I must find out what exercises in general for my health/safety (besides just practicing getting up & down at home);
both "athletic" and yoga types and maybe tai chi will strengthen which muscles and maybe a ligament or 2 needs some gentle stretching as well to do that better again!

#warning icky accident details ahead#

It started to be a bit of a problem when I was still in my mid-late 30's afteer my dominant left side's (hand/arm) ripped rotator-cuff shoulder muscles healed because they had started to pull my upper arm bone apart (slight fracture) from the freak accident impact of my under (and upper arm) being being so forcefully jerked up by the edge of the curved sidewalk curb (slipped on ice STUPIDLY because I was rushing late to work :| ) ;
so the bone scar thaT I was left with on the upper part of the upper arm ( near/on greater tuberosity) now gave me like ? 90 - 95% rotation.
It hits the clavicle at about 90° plus and I lost the dominance in my left arm (hand was/is still dominant) so I started to have mild difficulty with getting off the floor since then.
Thank goodness I wasn't a dancer or a gymnast!

MY balance and flexibility in general are very good....I beleive couldn't have dodged and weaved and moved forward and back between people's shoulder spaces holding my new and heavier camera while being in the 2nd row of GA without those abilities! :appalud:
I did have trouble 2x's out of dozens & dozens and dozens of actions.

Oh, for you old timers...just talked to my sister. My mom had her six month check-up with her oncologist today. Felt horrible, first appointment of hers that I've missed. But my sister told me he was SO happy, said her bloodwork numbers were better than they've ever been, and told her that whatever she's doing, to keep it up. YAY! :happy:

OMG!!!!!

:happydance::happydance: :heart: :hug:sss for you & your mom !!!!

Soooooooo ***WONDERFUL*** to hear that VP!!!!

Ugh. Today has been SO busy. :crack: Our BBQ took up most of the day, so I'm finally sitting down at my desk again. It's nice. :lol: The BBQ was a great success, thankfully. There was a massive burst of fire while the guys were cooking the chicken. :lmao: I don't know how that happened, but all of a sudden there was fire fire fire! :yikes: Thankfully nobody was hurt, but it was kinda amusing to see.

And now I rest.

Thanks! :hug: So happy. She seems really happy and much more sociable at her new place. The other place was "nicer" but the people seemed kinda snotty, to be honest. This place seems homier, and the people are friendlier. Her room here is a lot smaller, but in a way, I think that may be good. At the other place, her room was like 350 square feet, so it was almost like having her own small apartment. Now with a smaller room, she's almost forced to go out and mingle with other people, instead of isolating herself.

I also feel horrible that I hardly see her these days. It went from daily or several times a week to...brief visits once every few weeks. I just don't have time anymore. Still adjusting to that. :( But this weekend is a long weekend, so I'm going to see if she wants to come to my place for an afternoon/evening.

This is great to hear VP!!! BIG :hug:s

:lol: 350 Sq Ft IS about the size of my apt ( maybe 365 or 370 Sq FT ) and in terms of some NYC apts for 1 person I don't considerate it small small.... :hmm: i'd say it's on the smaller range of medium! :D

aaawww, hon. :hug:

I knew I couldn't do that from the get go....... visiting my parents that much ESP from Brooklyn to the near top of the Bronx by public transit :huh:
It was a 2 - 2 1/2 hr trip each way NOT counting the time spent with both or just with my mom!
My goal which I kept often but not all the time was to visit 2x's a month, and be on the phone with my mom a few times a week. SOmetimes it went to 3 -4 weeks without a physical visit. Even 5 wks :reject: on rare times over the 8 yr period re my mom.

When things were really tough ( their acute illness, accidents) my sis and I would leap frog and go every other day... and once in a great while we'd both skip a day.

My dad since he was still running hot & cold with niceness and nastiness I'd call and see less often. After the stroke I saw he some more esp as he became sweeter again.

So I tried and was usually successful at beating back any "voices" that said oooo you're NOT a good enough daughter" type stuff.

the inly thing that still makes me sad :( guilty in the visiting aspect was that it was one of those times between big snows or extra cold and/or extra gray winter /early spring year, or something PLUS the verbal and physical violence from one of my roommates depleting my energies more - that kept me not seeing her for like 4 to 6 weeks before she had the seemingly as usual treatable breathing problem that turned into unexpectedly her dying.

so BIG :hug:ssssss VP as you and her adjust to your schedule.

I am having an all time shitty night. On the way to pick up my daughter, I clipped a woman who was in the crosswalk. I had the green, she was walking against the light, she was in my blindspot. My right bumper bumped her. I felt terrible. The one witness said he didn't think I hit her. She said her hip hurt and she did go to the hospital. I had to call daycare and tell them I'd be late. I was shaking and wanted to cry, but I still had to be a mom. If it wasn't bad enough....my husband was pissed. He had a bad week at work and he was angry with me. He still is. He will not even look at me. He keeps going on how we're going to be sued.....and I feel like crap. I hurt someone and I have fucked our lives. I should be excited/nervous about Moncton and I'm having a hard time being excited about it. :sad:

aaaaaaaa, damn! :( :hug:

good luck

Starting to pack.

Auuuuuugh, what do I wear! Need to pack in case of rain, but thankfully it doesn't look to be too hot. At least in Moncton. It looks hot in Boston. Thank god for air conditioned rental cars.

I think I got all my camping crap in my big suitcase. Clothes in the carry-on. Phew.

Also, I'm totally wearing my Y U MAKE ME GO SO FAR TO C U shirt to work tomorrow.

Also? Wednesday night. Still no panic in sight. Will bring pills just in case, but this is nice. Maybe I got it all out of my system last week - took care of panic for both shows at once! :wink:

:lol:

sending you more good luck and :zen: vibes, cori!!! :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom