PGP: Ringing in the New Year with New U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds fun!

I'm still in my pajamas, which, I must say, is awesome. This is the longest I've gone without at least putting on actual clothes (except when I'm sick and cannot find the energy). Listened to music, compiled my Books Read in 2011 list, read a few magazines, watched a movie.

Alas, it's about time to put actual pants on, because I need to go find some dinner. I think sushi is on the menu.

I was looking for vid of Bono telling the "Edge is from the future" story from Vertigo tour but I couldn't find it. It's on my ipod though. :drool:

I got a rom-com for Mr.Z and I and for the kids? Scooby Doo Meets Batman :lol:
A BUNCH of candy, Jiffy Pop and a bottle of champagne for us at midnight (or whenever we decide to call it a night :rolleyes: )

Sounds like a good night! :cute: We're about to go to the movies, and then get home for movies and relaxing. Charlie bought me and the girls a bottle of this for the new year. Has anyone else tried it? We like it. :drool: It's expensive (by our budget for sure!) but once a year, it's yummy.

banfi-rosa-regale-brachetto-2009.jpg

Wine Spectator: “Bright red, sweet and appealing, this is a delicious between-meal or after-dinner sparkler that offers gobs of berry flavors. Fresh and clean; delightful.”

Food and Wine Magazine
This off-dry (i.e., lightly sweet) sparkling wine with a vibrant ruby color comes from Italy’s Piedmont region. With its penetrating floral fragrance and sweet, vivacious raspberry flavors, it is a great aperitif for almost any occasion and is good with dessert, too, since it pairs well with chocolate. - February, 2009

^ POOP! Forgot to go to BevMo for the Belvedere (RED)... maybe tomorrow??? HAve a great time with the fam, Comet. Give them all a New Year's hug for me.

I have an mp3 of that story...he told it at our Vertigo Pittsburgh concert and it is one of the best stories ever :lol:

Yeah, I've got an mp3 of him telling it at my 1st show.
That night, in the intro to Elevation, it was awesome. Edge's playing guitar but Larry didn't start the drums until way into the song. Bono says "Larry's gonna flirt with ya... it's okay to flirt, right?" I about peed myself.

^ POOP! Forgot to go to BevMo for the Belvedere (RED)... maybe tomorrow??? HAve a great time with the fam, Comet. Give them all a New Year's hug for me.

Oh no! You gotta get that! :D

Here's another description of the sparkling wine we got: I don't know why it makes me think of other things. :lol::shifty:

Winemaker Notes
Rosa Regale has a delicate bouquet of rose petals and offers sensuous flavors of fresh raspberries and strawberries. Its effervescence is softer than that of champagne, yet it yields a persistent and delicate pink froth. Its lively garnet color makes other sparklers pale in comparison. Served chilled and with a low alcohol content, it serves as the perfect partner throughout the entire meal, beginning as an elegant aperitif, moving to a savory appetizer and ending with a sweet dessert. No wine pairs better with chocolate than Rosa Regale. The bright fresh berry flavors complement the sweet velvet of the chocolate. Rosa Regale is a seductive red sparkler that turns any occasion into a celebration.

Happy New Year!

bonobirthday5-10-2011mexico2.jpg

corianderstem said:
Sounds fun!

I'm still in my pajamas, which, I must say, is awesome. This is the longest I've gone without at least putting on actual clothes (except when I'm sick and cannot find the energy). Listened to music, compiled my Books Read in 2011 list, read a few magazines, watched a movie.

Alas, it's about time to put actual pants on, because I need to go find some dinner. I think sushi is on the menu.

I did sushi earlier. :drool: Now I'm in my PJs. I live the high life.

^ DDDDDEEEEEEEE GGGGGGEEEEEEEEE *pouncesqueeze*

I'm in my pjs now too :hi5:

Comet, it's probably the word "sensuous" in the first line that makes you think of other things. Perv. :tsk:

zuropa_fit said:
^ DDDDDEEEEEEEE GGGGGGEEEEEEEEE *pouncesqueeze*

I'm in my pjs now too :hi5:

Comet, it's probably the word "sensuous" in the first line that makes you think of other things. Perv. :tsk:

Ohai :love:

I typed out ohai and my phone autocorrected to Obama. :giggle:

I'm in my pjs now too. I've got Rockin' New Year's Eve on and am going to sit and sort through my coupon binder since tomorrow is a big coupon day (lots of inserts in the newspapers). I am living the party life, I know.

Lil' CK is claiming he's gonna stay up until midnight...he's said this the last 2 yrs in a row and has yet to make it past 10pm. :lol: Gotta love his effort though.

I tried on the shoes again. It ain't happening, I tell you what.

Alas.

I'll have to try some options. I have some cute black suede booties, but I think I tried them with the dress for last year's holiday party, and they made my legs look stumpy.

But I also have some fun purple flats I just bought, and those might be cute. But boo, I think the dress works much better with heels. BOOOOOOO.

Oh well. I'll live, I'm sure.

Okay, now five minutes later they're okay. If my coat pockets are big enough to fit one shoe in each, I'm totally bringing them and can put them on when I'm there. :lol:

I think they might be okay with nylons, but I'm going to be dealing with Spanx already. Not sure I can deal with nylons, too. If I get drunk, that's certain trouble.

..... I'm not even sure I have nylons anymore!

Okay, now five minutes later they're okay. If my coat pockets are big enough to fit one shoe in each, I'm totally bringing them and can put them on when I'm there. :lol:

I think they might be okay with nylons, but I'm going to be dealing with Spanx already. Not sure I can deal with nylons, too. If I get drunk, that's certain trouble.

:hug: I dont own Spanx (yet!) and the only reason I own nylons is because my sister got married this summer and I had to wear them since it was a super-formal super-expensive wedding. :crack: (Formal dresswear + outdoor wedding in mid-July = INSANE. Thank god her reception was indoors and air-conditioned or people would have prolly killed her.)

Like we said, whatever you decide, we need pics!

Oh to go fishing with Bono. :drool:
:drool:

I was looking for vid of Bono telling the "Edge is from the future" story from Vertigo tour but I couldn't find it. It's on my ipod though. :drool:

I got a rom-com for Mr.Z and I and for the kids? Scooby Doo Meets Batman :lol:
A BUNCH of candy, Jiffy Pop and a bottle of champagne for us at midnight (or whenever we decide to call it a night :rolleyes: )

I do not know this story. :reject:

Oh no! You gotta get that! :D

Here's another description of the sparkling wine we got: I don't know why it makes me think of other things. : lol: :shifty:

Happy New Year!

bonobirthday5-10-2011mexico2.jpg
Bono, share that champagne with me. :shifty:

Oh dear GAWD. Someone thought it would be a good idea to let Bieber cover "Let It Be" for New Year's...with Carlos Santana. :crack:
:yuck:

Happy New Year! :hug: :kiss:

u2bybrantleygutierrezcalendar2012.jpg

Good lord, I've never seen this one before :drool: Happy New Year indeed :wink: :love:

I have no idea why I'm up at 8:30am :rolleyes: Hope you guys all had a great night. I threw out my back really bad so I spent the night on my couch with an ice pack. But on the plus side, Canada kicked some USA ass last night :rockon:

Sorry Americans, I still wuv you girls :sexywink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom