PGP: Hello (Hello) *Disclaimer: That is an echo, not a Vertigo reference*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
don't know how all of you runners do it. I've been working out like crazy the past few months with a trainer, taking a total body conditioning "boot camp" class, and doing assignments from my trainer which include running. I feel really toned and great everywhere but my calves are killing me from running. I'm only running for 1-2 minutes at a time and then walking for 3 minutes in between at a lower speed so it's not like I'm going at it for miles on end (I wish I was in that kind of shape!) But I'll give you guys credit for all the races you talk about. I hope to be in shape enough to do it next year at this time but for now it feels like I have daggers in my calves. :(

Glad your team won, GG! :up:

I had a great day today. Went out for lunch at a great restaurant with a friend, then got myself an iPhone! :hyper: It's so very cool. I love it!! I thought I wouldn't be eligible for a free upgrade for another year, but I got a text last week saying the opposite. So I got my fun new phone this afternoon. :)

nice! My mom really wants an iphone...for what reason I'm not sure of other than "everyone" else has one. My dad looked into all of the specifics on getting her one and then suggested I switch carriers to hop on the family plan with them so I could get one as well. I'm not under contract with my current plan and my BB is paid off so I can switch at anytime. Guess there are so perks to living with them at my age :happy: My monthly payment would actually be cut in half with this upgrade but I'd have to buy the phone (either $99 or $199) and also pay $100 upfront for insurance. That's kind of a lot for me to shell out all at once right now.

don't know how all of you runners do it. I've been working out like crazy the past few months with a trainer, taking a total body conditioning "boot camp" class, and doing assignments from my trainer which include running. I feel really toned and great everywhere but my calves are killing me from running. I'm only running for 1-2 minutes at a time and then walking for 3 minutes in between at a lower speed so it's not like I'm going at it for miles on end (I wish I was in that kind of shape!) But I'll give you guys credit for all the races you talk about. I hope to be in shape enough to do it next year at this time but for now it feels like I have daggers in my calves. :(

What part of your calf is hurting?

What part of your calf is hurting?

All of it on both legs. It kind of switches after each workout. Kind of hard to explain. The other day I had a pain in one leg on the upper part and a pain on the other leg in the lower part. My trainer stretches them after our workouts together, which helps a bit, but it's mainly after my own workouts. She said this is normal but told me to try to focus on making sure my foot is flat when it hits the ground and not run on my toes. I don't know if that's what I'm actually doing but she thinks that's probably the case. I'm having a hard time going from running 2 minutes and then switching to walking. I also work on my feet for 40-50 hours a week so my legs are just very, very tired right now. I'm trying to just keep still when I'm not working or working out so I can rest my legs. Today was one my two off days from the gym a week (sometimes weds are my only off day) and I noticed my legs feel crampier than they do on a day that I go to the gym.

All of it on both legs. It kind of switches after each workout. Kind of hard to explain. The other day I had a pain in one leg on the upper part and a pain on the other leg in the lower part. My trainer stretches them after our workouts together, which helps a bit, but it's mainly after my own workouts. She said this is normal but told me to try to focus on making sure my foot is flat when it hits the ground and not run on my toes. I don't know if that's what I'm actually doing but she thinks that's probably the case. I'm having a hard time going from running 2 minutes and then switching to walking. I also work on my feet for 40-50 hours a week so my legs are just very, very tired right now. I'm trying to just keep still when I'm not working or working out so I can rest my legs. Today was one my two off days from the gym a week (sometimes weds are my only off day) and I noticed my legs feel crampier than they do on a day that I go to the gym.

How old are your shoes and are they running shoes? I do strength in my Nike Frees and run in a pair of Brooks. You can also buy one of these....

Marathon Stick

and try warming your legs before you run.

How old are your shoes and are they running shoes? I do strength in my Nike Frees and run in a pair of Brooks. You can also buy one of these....

Marathon Stick

and try warming your legs before you run.

I bought my shoes in Dec and I only use them for the gym. They're Asics but I don't know what they were specifically designed for.

:hmm: there are a few running stores around my neck of the woods. I wonder if they'd have that stick. My trainer is a huge fan of the foam roller. I've grown to love it as well.

and what do you mean warming them?

Before our long marathon runs,we'd warm up the myofascial tissue with the marathon stick. It helped with pain and cramping. My calves get achy when I run in my Nike Frees because I'm doing minimalist running and I can only last 3 miles with that. I'm landing on my forefoot instead of heel striking. Do you heel strike? Maybe that's the issue since your trainer said you are running on your toes.

My legs hurt now (ankles) because I NEED new running shoes pretty desperately.

228980_189634507762426_166820623377148_493414_8024094_n.jpg

Hmm... wonder where that one came from? :wink: I owe Tina at least 10 beer between the Denver pics and the Minny pics :lol:

Before our long marathon runs,we'd warm up the myofascial tissue with the marathon stick. It helped with pain and cramping. My calves get achy when I run in my Nike Frees because I'm doing minimalist running and I can only last 3 miles with that. I'm landing on my forefoot instead of heel striking. Do you heel strike? Maybe that's the issue since your trainer said you are running on your toes.

My legs hurt now (ankles) because I NEED new running shoes pretty desperately.

I have no idea what heel striking is.....but I'm definitely going to check out the marathon stick. I wouldn't be surprised if the gym has them because there's a basket of all sorts of goodies where I get the foam roller.

Following in Zu's running steps - me, my husband and another U2 fan are thinking of doing one of these.

Rugged Maniac 5K - Frequently Asked Questions - Mud Run - Adventure Race - Music Festival - 5K - Obstacle Course - Trail Run

SPARTAN RACE Obstacle Racing - Spartan Sprint & Super Spartan obstacle course trail races and the Spartan Beast and Death Race endurance race

The Spartan is on my birthday. What better way to say 'fuck you 41!' than with a broken bone.

We have lots of big lakes near where I live that constantly has races around them. There's 3 lakes next to each other, almost in downtown Minneapolis. So beautiful. Anyways each lake is just about 3 miles, give or take a tiny bit. So my goal is next year to run in one of the races around one of the lakes. I know people who run around 2-3 lakes at a time all time. :yikes: In the summers I usually can be found at any of the 3 lakes walking many times during the week but my ultimate goal is to be able to run around one.

Hmm... wonder where that one came from? :wink: I owe Tina at least 10 beer between the Denver pics and the Minny pics :lol:

I get a kick out of everyone calling it "minny." I've lived in the Twin Cities all my life and no one here actually refers to the state as Minny, just U2 fans online :sexywink:

Fine :). Busy, but fine.

Wow, we lead exciting lives, don't we :p?

OH, the most exciting ones ever! :p

PS: I sent you an email finally. :p

I applied for a job in Australia

I think I have the necessary koalafications.

:wink:
:lmao:

I get a kick out of everyone calling it "minny." I've lived in the Twin Cities all my life and no one here actually refers to the state as Minny, just U2 fans online :sexywink:
:lol:

I approve of all the Bono and Larry images being posted, and congrats Kristen on the 20,000 posts!

You postwhore. :p

I played Settlers of Catan today. (for you Big Bang Theory fans: I have wood for sheep! :shifty:).

:D It wasn't really my team Thora, it was Bayern Munchen, champions league semifinal. After Chelsea kicked out favourite Barcelona, now Real Madrid got kicked out by Bayern, and there's no spanish team in the finals. For the first time in ages, lol. Hopefully Bayern will win the finals too. Even though I despise the German national team with a passion, I do approve of Bayern. And they have my favourite player of all time, Robben. :D

Mornin' CK! :D How are ya?

:uhoh: My mom is trying to figure out the patterns for my Cosplay Tunic. And she has a hard time with it. Crap. We have 3 more weeks to finish my costume. Were supposed to do this tunic around christmas but she had no time. I'm terrified that it'll go wrong and I end up without one.

I hope you'll be able to get it all done in time, GG!

Sometimes I just love that my phone number (land line) is one digit away from a car dealership's number. :| The phone rang at 6:30 this morning, and scared the shit out of me. I didn't bother to look at the caller ID because I didn't have my glasses on, and I assumed it was a family member telling me something bad was happening. That's the only reason why I'd get a call at that ungodly hour. I croaked out a hello, and the person confusedly asked if it was the dealership. I couldn't get any words out, but he obviously realized he'd called the wrong number. Of course I couldn't go back to sleep after that. :happy: So annoying. I'm glad it wasn't anything bad, though.

Hope so too Thora, we've got the main tunic, just not the collar, which is a nightmare. And I got my hat, posted a pic on fb. :crack: Hopefully we can get the collar down sunday, and it'll stop raining next week because I still have to paint and latex my weaponry! :yikes: It's all so sooooon. Can't believe I started in frickin' october and didn't manage to finish in time!

I hope you'll be able to get it all done in time, GG!

Sometimes I just love that my phone number (land line) is one digit away from a car dealership's number. :| The phone rang at 6:30 this morning, and scared the shit out of me. I didn't bother to look at the caller ID because I didn't have my glasses on, and I assumed it was a family member telling me something bad was happening. That's the only reason why I'd get a call at that ungodly hour. I croaked out a hello, and the person confusedly asked if it was the dealership. I couldn't get any words out, but he obviously realized he'd called the wrong number. Of course I couldn't go back to sleep after that. :happy: So annoying. I'm glad it wasn't anything bad, though.

aw bummer. I hate that, and of course I'd think the same thing too.
I got your PM. Can't wait to check out your fb when I get home tonight. :hyper: 4 more days for me!!!!!

Omg Game 7 today :crazy:

Sharon, addicted to the Iphone yet?? Imessaging FTW!! :shifty:

I got a new iphone last weekend. What's imessaging? I'm sure I wouldn't be able to message you guys for free anyway, since you're in Canadia and all (yes, I spelled it wrong on purpose). But yes, I love my new iphone. I've never been much for technology but it's been so much fun having it, and it was VERY helpful in New York, navigating and looking things up and ordering last minute theatre tickets and all. :love:

Oh, and hey everyone! Haven't been around much in the last few weeks. Life is crazy. :shrug: But summer is on its way and I'm not taking the internship I was offered so I'll be around plenty all summer. Just wanted to say I miss you all :love:

aw bummer. I hate that, and of course I'd think the same thing too.
I got your PM. Can't wait to check out your fb when I get home tonight. :hyper: 4 more days for me!!!!!

I got a new iphone last weekend. What's imessaging? I'm sure I wouldn't be able to message you guys for free anyway, since you're in Canadia and all (yes, I spelled it wrong on purpose). But yes, I love my new iphone. I've never been much for technology but it's been so much fun having it, and it was VERY helpful in New York, navigating and looking things up and ordering last minute theatre tickets and all. :love:

Oh, and hey everyone! Haven't been around much in the last few weeks. Life is crazy. :shrug: But summer is on its way and I'm not taking the internship I was offered so I'll be around plenty all summer. Just wanted to say I miss you all :love:

Yay, I'm excited for you!! :hyper:

Ooh, yay that you got an iPhone! It's kinda like chatting - you can see when the other person's typing, etc. I suck at explaining things, but basically if you're sending a message to another person who has an iPhone, and it says "iMessage," instead of text message your messages will show up as blue instead of green. I think it's free internationally, but I'm not 100% sure.

We miss you too! :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom