PGP: For GG, I love Blow Pops....just sayin'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Her 5th. She changed majors after her first year (from poly-sci to psych) so she had a bunch of catching up to do. Plus, everyone I know in the program that wants to apply to grad school always takes 5 years, anyway. Honours psych is so demanding, a year to do your thesis, plus you have to RA to get letters of recommendation for grad school.

She sounds like she'll have a busy year. You must be proud though :D

:up: :lol:

What was Joe like? I've read that he's...not all that friendly, which is sad, since I spent many years in love/lust with him.

Wow, really?? Larry's always been my (distant) number two.

I just got back from a Def Leppard concert a week ago :shifty:

You have the best family ever! :ohmy: :applaud:

Just out of curiosity, how did he have drinks with Joe??

Paul just walked into a bar, just one other bloke in there, sat net to the bloke who introduced himself as Joe and they got talking

That's why a lot of famous people love Ireland vos they can be normal and nobody bothers them

To clarify, I probably "like" Edge more. Or in a different way. I'd probably want to hang out with Edge more. I love him, but in a very platonic way. But for physical attractiveness? Mr. Mullen's got it going on. :sexywink:

(not that I wouldn't want to hang out with Larry. I just think he really wouldn't want to hang out with me...I'm not even making sense, I'm just rambling at this point) :lol:

To clarify, I probably "like" Edge more. Or in a different way. I'd probably want to hang out with Edge more. I love him, but in a very platonic way. But for physical attractiveness? Mr. Mullen's got it going on. :sexywink:

(not that I wouldn't want to hang out with Larry. I just think he really wouldn't want to hang out with me...I'm not even making sense, I'm just rambling at this point) :lol:

You know you're a fan when that totally makes sense :wink:

Yep, Bono asked if he had you yet, OMG :drool:

Which was the relative that had drinks with Bono??

Have you seen him in concert?

I saw him on his last tour and it was amazing! I have second row seats for the show on Sunday :hyper:
Unfortunately not. I don't get to go to a lot of concerts because a) where I used to live, the closest venue was AT LEAST 2-3 hours away from me, and b) lack of funds.

That was Paul who is also the one that had a drinking session with Joe Elliott

Then my niece stood next to bono Ali and the kids at the millennium celebrations i Dublin

My sister in law saw them loads of times in the real early days

my aunt in law was sat next to Bono at traffic lights a few times

and various other sightings :lol:
Your inlaws are like, the luckiest people. :hyper:

I know exactly what you mean. :shifty:

:up: :lol:

What was Joe like? I've read that he's...not all that friendly, which is sad, since I spent many years in love/lust with him.

Well Paul drank with him all day and said he was a cool guy

Maybe it was because my bil didn't recognize him that made the difference?

Unfortunately not. I don't get to go to a lot of concerts because a) where I used to live, the closest venue was AT LEAST 2-3 hours away from me, and b) lack of funds.

Your inlaws are like, the luckiest people. :hyper:

Yeah I have the problem of not having a venue near me either. That's why I really save all my money for shows. The closest city where big bands would play to me is a 6-7 hour drive.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. :shifty:

Going outside to play with the little guy for a bit - BBS

I wanna see Coldplay...

Grr. 2nd shipment of oil paints I need NOW are shipping to my address in California. Fuck fuck fuck as if my painting teacher didn't hate me enough already...

I hear ya on the "boring" front. I don't have time to do anything interesting. In fact, last night I was so dog tired, I fell asleep at about 8:45pm

I'll let you know about the job. But he also asked 2 other people to apply for it and I heard that some people from the East Coast were nosing around it too :shrug: I'm having a good year teaching so far, so if I don't get it (or if they can't pay me what I need to make to live comfortably) I'll live. I'll be sad but I'll live.

What? Larry pics a few pgs back?
*goes to check*

I really want to sign up for a yoga class, but I'm too damn tired after work.I also want to volunteer for a political party in the upcoming elections. Long story short, I was at their office a week ago, and due to some interaction I'd had with a guy there, they already had a volunteer card partially filled out for me. :lol: I know no one's job is "easy," but this one is really mentally exhausting. By the end of the week, my brain is mush.

She sounds like she'll have a busy year. You must be proud though :D

I just got back from a Def Leppard concert a week ago :shifty:

I'm proud/envious, because what I worked my ass off to do, she makes it look so easy with barely any effort. I suppose I can tell myself that it's my dna that helps her do that. :wink:

I saw that you went to the concert!! And you loved it?? Your mom was a fan? Tell her that I had front rows for the tour in '93 and Phil is a giant manwhore who was flirting with me the whole show, and I'm pretty sure I could have gotten backstage (where, I found out years later, dirty, dirty things happened) if I had wanted to. I didn't like Phil, I liked Joe. :scream: :lol:

I had tickets to see them again in '05, but sold them to buy more U2 tickets. :lol: They played in Toronto around the time of your show, but I didn't get tickets this time.

Hiiiiii.

I definitely want to see Coldplay next time they come around as well.

We got out of work at 2, which was awesome. Then one errand on the way home turned into 4, and I just got home about 45 minutes ago, just in time to meet my cat sitter, so she could have a little meet and greet with Phoebe.

I was at the mall and really needed something to eat, so I had some little Auntie Anne's pretzels and cream cheese dip, with a cherry Icee. :drool:

Now I'm STARVING again. Must be PMS time!

Thank goodness I'd picked up a Papa Murphy's pizza (oops, make that 5 errands!), so I don't have to go back out.

Yeah I have the problem of not having a venue near me either. That's why I really save all my money for shows. The closest city where big bands would play to me is a 6-7 hour drive.

Where I live now, I have 2 venues where most acts are (Rice-Eccles Stadium and Energy Solutions Arena), and then there's the USANA Ampitheatre, where mostly country stars go.

And, the Styx/REO Speedwagon concert will be at USANA... *is going to that one* :shifty:

I'm proud/envious, because what I worked my ass off to do, she makes it look so easy with barely any effort. I suppose I can tell myself that it's my dna that helps her do that. :wink:

I saw that you went to the concert!! And you loved it?? Your mom was a fan? Tell her that I had front rows for the tour in '93 and Phil is a giant manwhore who was flirting with me the whole show, and I'm pretty sure I could have gotten backstage (where, I found out years later, dirty, dirty things happened) if I had wanted to. I didn't like Phil, I liked Joe. :scream: :lol:

I had tickets to see them again in '05, but sold them to buy more U2 tickets. :lol: They played in Toronto around the time of your show, but I didn't get tickets this time.

I'm sure your DNA helped with her smarts :hug:

Oh god yes, I loved it!! I was partying all night (finally could drink at a show and not worry about losing my spot for washroom breaks :wink:). I've loved Def Leppard forever and my mom was freaking....so was I!

I just told her what you said and she said she's jealous. She said she loved the ripped jeans In the Round tour look of Joe's :lol:

Sounds like youz a groupie :shifty: :up: Why does U2 not do things like that?????

you know you're a fan when you treat going to a concert like going a date and make sure you're "ready" encase you get lucky :lol:

You know me too well :shifty:

You know you're a fan when that totally makes sense :wink:

I know EXACTLY what you mean. :shifty:

Going outside to play with the little guy for a bit - BBS

I knew you guys would get it despite my nonsensical rambling. :lol:

Have fun Zooey!

Well Paul drank with him all day and said he was a cool guy

Maybe it was because my bil didn't recognize him that made the difference?

Maybe. Maybe some fans just had some isolated bad experiences with him, and that's what I'd read. Not every celebrity is on 24/7 like Bono, I guess. We're so lucky in that way. :heart:

Hey Cori!

I'm sure your DNA helped with her smarts :hug:

Oh god yes, I loved it!! I was partying all night (finally could drink at a show and not worry about losing my spot for washroom breaks :wink:). I've loved Def Leppard forever and my mom was freaking....so was I!

I just told her what you said and she said she's jealous. She said she loved the ripped jeans In the Round tour look of Joe's :lol:

Sounds like youz a groupie :shifty: :up: Why does U2 not do things like that?????

I loved them SO much back in the day. I still remember, the show was in the round, and after the first half hour or so, every time Phil walked around, he made eye contact, with these huge smiles. I was absolutely batshit thrilled to be front row. I made signs and everything. Wore a shirt my ex had made for me, the whole front was Joe's face airbrushed on by this hugely talented artist we knew ( i still have the shirt). Then during the encore, Phil came and stood right in front of me and stared at me, with this exaggerated sad face, miming that he was wiping tears and waving goodbye!!!! I was like "um...." :lmao: And he kept doing it! I eventually looked away, because it just felt awkward. Then years later on some Behind The Music thing, they said that they'd invite women under their stage, but they all had to be topless. That grossed me out SO much EW. As if. :shudder: Phil was married at the time, and he'd apparently met his wife because she was a fan...

I like U2 MUCH better. They're not fucking creepy. :lol: As much as we'd like them to be. :shifty: :wink:

I loved them SO much back in the day. I still remember, the show was in the round, and after the first half hour or so, every time Phil walked around, he made eye contact, with these huge smiles. I was absolutely batshit thrilled to be front row. I made signs and everything. Wore a shirt my ex had made for me, the whole front was Joe's face airbrushed on by this hugely talented artist we knew ( i still have the shirt). Then during the encore, Phil came and stood right in front of me and stared at me, with this exaggerated sad face, miming that he was wiping tears and waving goodbye!!!! I was like "um...." :lmao: And he kept doing it! I eventually looked away, because it just felt awkward. Then years later on some Behind The Music thing, they said that they'd invite women under their stage, but they all had to be topless. That grossed me out SO much EW. As if. :shudder: Phil was married at the time, and he'd apparently met his wife because she was a fan...

I like U2 MUCH better. They're not fucking creepy. :lol: As much as we'd like them to be. :shifty: :wink:

That's hilarious!! :lol:

Yeah I think if U2 were actually slimey like that we'd be turned off.

I'd be on Bono 24/7 :drool:

Now there's a surprise. :wink:

That's hilarious!! :lol:

Yeah I think if U2 were actually slimey like that we'd be turned off.

I am like 98% convinced that if I had returned his...uh...gestures? Whatever they were? That I probably would have been invited back there. I always found him a little skeevy though. And then there was the whole me being married thing. :lol: Joe was on my "list," Phil was never even considered. :lol: And when I heard about the topless women backstage, i remember being SO grossed out, UGH.

Yeah, that would NOT be a good attitude for U2 to adopt. At all. :lol:

Hi MsPurrl! How are you?

Now there's a surprise. :wink:

I am like 98% convinced that if I had returned his...uh...gestures? Whatever they were? That I probably would have been invited back there. I always found him a little skeevy though. And then there was the whole me being married thing. :lol: Joe was on my "list," Phil was never even considered. :lol:

Yeah, that would NOT be a good attitude for U2 to adopt. At all. :lol:

Hi MsPurrl! How are you?

That makes Adam's grins at the audience seem so tame :cute:

Back
Top Bottom