Pant-y-Blawd Road, Morriston, Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They say that the road ain't no place to start a family
Right down the line, it's been you and me
And love and a music man ain't always what it's supposed to be
Oh, girl, you stand by me
I'm forever yours
Faithfully

I think we need an explanation
Eight years old, smart, but completely spoiled. She's internet and Disney channel addicted. She primarily lives with her dad, and is spoiled with her own computer and TV in her room. The way she talks, she gets to do whatever she wants all the time. When she comes to visit her mom/us, she still wants to have her way all the time. If we tell her no, she screams, sulks, throws fits, and demands to be taken home (to her dad's.) My sister tends to give in to her, for fear of the embarrassment of her going home and saying "Mommy was mean to me!"

Today was her little (half) sister's third birthday. We had to wait to start the party because she wouldn't get off the internet (it's always the first thing she demands to do when she gets here.) Afterward, I holed myself back up in my room (where the computer is) and was playing a game. She saw me playing and wanted to watch, which eventually led to her bothering me so much that I just quit and let her play instead. No real problem... except that shortly afterward her mom told her to get ready to leave. So that led to sulking. I turned off the game and was about to send her to go put on her shoes and stuff, when she noticed my new graphic novel. Of course then she wanted to look at that. So I told her she could for a few minutes. Finally I had to make her stop and go get ready. She screamed, of course. Then started saying she wanted to spend the night with me. I said "What are you going to do if you stay? You can't play on the computer. And you can't play with me, because I'm not going to be here." (not the whole truth), of course then she didn't want to stay anymore.

On the way back out to the car, I went "Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas!" in a Santa voice, since I was carrying presents. She immediately goes "HE'S NOT REAL!" So I said "Well don't go telling people that." She goes "Why not?! My daddy told me he's not real!" I tried to tell her that it was mean to tell other kids, but she wouldn't listen. Then I tried saying there are rules, and only parents are allowed to tell their own kids, which is why it was okay for her daddy to tell her, but not okay for her to tell her friends and siblings. Of course, she wouldn't listen at all. Sulking and turning away from me and making it very clear that she didn't care what I was saying.

We need Dr. Phil or something. You should've seen the fight we had on Thanksgiving because I told her she couldn't get on the computer unless she was nice to her brother. We had such a family meltdown between her screaming and my dad yelling at her that I ended up needing a Valium just to stop crying.

Strange to think both Journey and Green Day came out of the Bay area.

Eight years old, smart, but completely spoiled. She's internet and Disney channel addicted. She primarily lives with her dad, and is spoiled with her own computer and TV in her room. The way she talks, she gets to do whatever she wants all the time. When she comes to visit her mom/us, she still wants to have her way all the time. If we tell her no, she screams, sulks, throws fits, and demands to be taken home (to her dad's.) My sister tends to give in to her, for fear of the embarrassment of her going home and saying "Mommy was mean to me!"

Today was her little (half) sister's third birthday. We had to wait to start the party because she wouldn't get off the internet (it's always the first thing she demands to do when she gets here.) Afterward, I holed myself back up in my room (where the computer is) and was playing a game. She saw me playing and wanted to watch, which eventually led to her bothering me so much that I just quit and let her play instead. No real problem... except that shortly afterward her mom told her to get ready to leave. So that led to sulking. I turned off the game and was about to send her to go put on her shoes and stuff, when she noticed my new graphic novel. Of course then she wanted to look at that. So I told her she could for a few minutes. Finally I had to make her stop and go get ready. She screamed, of course. Then started saying she wanted to spend the night with me. I said "What are you going to do if you stay? You can't play on the computer. And you can't play with me, because I'm not going to be here." (not the whole truth), of course then she didn't want to stay anymore.

On the way back out to the car, I went "Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas!" in a Santa voice, since I was carrying presents. She immediately goes "HE'S NOT REAL!" So I said "Well don't go telling people that." She goes "Why not?! My daddy told me he's not real!" I tried to tell her that it was mean to tell other kids, but she wouldn't listen. Then I tried saying there are rules, and only parents are allowed to tell their own kids, which is why it was okay for her daddy to tell her, but not okay for her to tell her friends and siblings. Of course, she wouldn't listen at all. Sulking and turning away from me and making it very clear that she didn't care what I was saying.

We need Dr. Phil or something. You should've seen the fight we had on Thanksgiving because I told her she couldn't get on the computer unless she was nice to her brother. We had such a family meltdown between her screaming and my dad yelling at her that I ended up needing a Valium just to stop crying.

Hit her.

I never realised how prominent the drums are in Journey.

Hitting her would only make her scream and cry and carry on worse. And then she'd wail "Aunt Chasity haaaaates me!", which she's done before just because I didn't want her hanging all over me, bothering me all the damn time.

She's a little liar too. My sister once lost visitation for weeks because the kid lied to her dad when she went home in the morning from a visit, and said my sister didn't feed her anything at all the night before, even going out to a restaurant and making her sit there why everyone else ate, not allowing her to have anything. BULLSHIT. If anyone tried that with her, she'd be screaming and throwing a fit so loud the cops would be called.
They finally let her come back after her dad saw her steal somebody else's snack and then lied about it when confronted.

She's the only child and only grandchild on her dad's side, which is why she's so spoiled, and I guess my sister is afraid to bring up these issues with them because it might make her look bad or like she can't control her daughter, and she might lose what visitation she has now.

Anyway. It feels good to get all the bitching out of my system.

In other news:

political-pictures-blagojevich-politics.jpg

lololol

Just a small-town girl
Livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin' anywhere
Just a city boy
Born and raised in South Detroit
He took the midnight train goin' anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts