Old Magazine Photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cammie

Babyface
My roommate came across these old photos at a garage sale this morning- I have no idea what magazine they are from though. Looks like it may be from 1993 from the text accompanying the photos.

BonoEdgeconcert.jpg

Cammie those pictures you posted aren't from a magazine but are pages of a book called 'U2 Burning Desire' - The complete Story that was published in 1993. I know coz I have said book with those exact same pics and I've even scanned and posted some of the pics on this forum. What you've posted, is only a fraction of the photos to be found in the book. I wonder what happened to rest of it?!? :hmm:

And thanks for the Details cover, am so happy to finally have a colour copy of this! :bow: Do you have the accopanining 6 and a bit page article from the February 1994 Details magazine? I have a b/w copy of the whole article but would love the have in all in colour!! :hyper:

I actually have that magazine, if cammie doesn't have the rest I could scan it all for ya. I'm just very slow at that, so if it gets posted here before I do it great! But I'd be happy to if no one else does.

by the way hcb... the pics in the article are only black & white, the only color on the page is the green graphic designs, so I wasn't sure if you knew that.

Last edited:
bonocomet said:
I actually have that magazine, if cammie doesn't have the rest I could scan it all for ya. I'm just very slow at that, so if it gets posted here before I do it great! But I'd be happy to if no one else does.

by the way hcb... the pics in the article are only black & white, the only color on the page is the green graphic designs, so I wasn't sure if you knew that.

Hey, no hurry I'm off to bed as it is, but I'd really apprecicate the scan! :bow: No I didn't know what colour the graphic desings where, so thanks for the info. Also my copy is slightly reduced in size, so it'll be wonderful to finally have it in full A4 size!! :drool: :hyper:

Aha! Thanks hcbiggs2002 for letting me know where they came from. There was nothing on any of the pages with an author or even page numbers, so I had no idea. As for the Details cover, I only have that picture. The box that my roommate picked up was full of photos of all different bands cut out from magazines/books- these were the only ones from U2.

Ok then I will scan the rest of it. I'll have to do it later, but I will get to it and post it here later. thanks again cammie :wave:

:love: Thanks so much for these Cammie! I have never seen a lot of those pics in such a big size before, especially the Details cover with Bono and Edge. That's got to be one of the cutest photos of them ever! :drool:

Hey, that's the box of U2 stuff my mom threw out when I left for college without consulting me!!!

:madwife:

Just kidding! I moved out in 1985, so those aren't nearly old enough to be my stuff. :wink:

Good find! I love garage sales, yard sales, thrift shops... :drool:

hcbiggs2002 said:

Hey, no hurry I'm off to bed as it is, but I'd really apprecicate the scan! :bow: No I didn't know what colour the graphic desings where, so thanks for the info. Also my copy is slightly reduced in size, so it'll be wonderful to finally have it in full A4 size!! :drool: :hyper:

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you here! :uhoh:

I just finally got the scans done today.

bononedgedetailscover.jpg

For some of these I'll just post thumbnails since the files are pretty big. Just click on it for full size.

while scanning the Details magazine I scanned one more old one from GQ Nov. 1997

(sorry it had to be in two parts)

GQpopscanNov1997.jpg

Back
Top Bottom