Oh my...Star Wars the TV Show...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Uhhhhh.......:uhoh:

The Force may soon be coming to a television near you. George Lucas is planning a live-action television series spinoff of the "Star Wars" film franchise. Lucas told The Los Angeles Times he has "just begun work" on the series, which will not include the films' major characters Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader.

"The Skywalkers aren't in it, and it's about minor characters," Lucas told the Times on Tuesday.

Lucas wouldn't reveal details, but joked that the series would be about "the life of robots."

Lucas, 63, already has another television series in the works. Lucasfilm Animation has been working for months on the computer-animated "Star Wars: The Clone Wars."

___

God help us all.

250px-Nien_Nunb.jpg

Bring. Him. Back.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Js6rbXw_tfA

Anyone ever see the Star Wars Holiday Special? Go search it on YouTube.

It's one of the worst ideas ever put into creation. It's no wonder Lucas has such a tight hold over his franchise.

Go check it out. Warning, it may very well ruin the entire franchise for you.

One of my piano books of Christmas music has "Merry Christmas R2D2" in it, from that special. Egads.

In other news...

Dear George Lucas:

Let it go. Please. Just LEAVE IT ALONE.

Sincerely,

Everyone.

corianderstem said:
Dear George Lucas:

Let it go. Please. Just LEAVE IT ALONE.

Sincerely,

Everyone.

:up:

seriously, is there a point when you just say you know what? I think I have enough money.

I realize that it's all about saving for your children and grandchildren or whatever but his great-great-great-great-great grandkids have to be covered as well by now...

The Clone Wars cartoon was real good. That gave me hope that there might be life left in that franchise....and actually, I'm sure there's tons of life in it, it's just a matter of Lucas letting the writers have the freedom to draw it out.

How long before the Clone Wars DVDs are released with CGI characters placed in alongside the animated character? I gave it 3 years, max.

Stupid Lucas.

I'm afraid that this is going to turn into some cheesy Saturday afternoon sci-fi show, i.e., Xena or Hercules....:yikes:

Lancemc said:
When there's money to be theived, there will be new Star Wars material.

I'm waiting for the super-ultra dvd box set with all 6 movies and....oh my.....yet more extra features that didn't make it into the last box set. :|

Lancemc said:
When there's money to be theived, there will be new Star Wars material.

Stop being so damned cynical. Lucas recognizes that people still want to play in this world, from the writers and artists to the fans, and so he's letting it expand more. I don't see the harm in it.

If Lucas was only about the money, he would have made the prequels 10 years earlier, and released the OT DVDs when the format first appeared, instead of waiting until 2004.

Also, the Young Indiana Jones TV series DVDs haven't come out yet because people at the Ranch have been working on very comprehensive documentary materials for every episode, which underlines the point that the show was always meant to be an educational/entertainment hybrid in reference to the various historical events in each story. A lot of Lucas's money was put into financing this show, and if I'm not mistaken it's still the most expensive TV show ever produced, as they filmed on location all over the world.

Say what you want about the quality of his ideas, but most of what drives his decisions is the desire for state of the art product, not money, however the material suffers as a result.

Nute Gunray: "I don't know. But we must find out what's going on down there."

This doesn't come close to doing justice to one of the most awfully delivered lines I've ever heard.

I miss the Star Wars cereal from the 80s. What was it-----something like "C3PO's" or something. And they'd come with a cut-out mask of C3PO or Luke or somebody on the back of the box. :drool:

It's going to be very, very hard for it to top Galactica at this point. Obviously they aren't likely to go for the realism/modern political parallels as BG did, but the characters, the acting, and writing is SO strong...Lucas definitely has the money to deliver on the production values, but what about the sense of wonder? Can you blow people away on television anymore after what we've now seen?

I wonder if U2 will use the show as inspiration for the next album.

:der:

Isn't Lucas recruiting top science fiction writers to help do some stuff right now? I could've sworn I read/heard that from somewhere and writers from Galactica were most definitely mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom