October 1 - Scott Stadium - Charlottesville VA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see my seats!! Thanks!
Looks like the front claws clamp down @ sections 108 & 124.
I used the left front claw & counted over from section 112 by the club seat entrance.
9873_photo_1_high_res

This morning there were about 50 people on line at the North Gate - seemed pretty mellow. I left about 10:30 am (had to go to work). I think I saw them putting blue bands on the people in line, and maybe having a number on the back of their hands. It didn't seem so long YET.

The ticket office are selling tickets on the west side and someone told me that there are alot of seats still available...You can park MOMENTARILY in the west parking lot to buy tickets. I noticed some areas offering parking within walking distance for $20 (I think around Fontaine), and LOTS of signs of no parking also. The parking lots have signs that say that cars need to leave by 3pm and towing enforced.

The claw seems to take up the entire field!

U2 in less than 8 hours!!!

We made it to Virginia ! Left @ 6:15a.m. got to the hotel @ 1p.m.

Beautiful drive from Dayton

Great hotel

Leaving for dinner @ 3p.m.

Heading to Scott NLT 4p.m.

Thanks Carlos:wave: & everyone else w/ well wishes for tonight

I'm currently in the GA line on the north gate side of the stadium, and there are a LOT of people in line now. I got here at around 2 pm and there were already at least a few hundred people in front of me. I have no clue how many people are behind me because it goes really too far back for me to see the end of the line.

Just an hour left until gate opening!!!

Any peeps staying in the Holiday Inn Express in Waynesboro? The lady checking people in asks everyone if they're going to U2 tonight. lol, she says she's taking a tally.

We made it to Virginia ! Left @ 6:15a.m. got to the hotel @ 1p.m.

Beautiful drive from Dayton

Great hotel

Leaving for dinner @ 3p.m.

Heading to Scott NLT 4p.m.

Thanks Carlos:wave: & everyone else w/ well wishes for tonight

Glad you made it safely, have a great time tonight:wave:

I'm currently in the GA line on the north gate side of the stadium, and there are a LOT of people in line now. I got here at around 2 pm and there were already at least a few hundred people in front of me. I have no clue how many people are behind me because it goes really too far back for me to see the end of the line.

Just an hour left until gate opening!!!

How's the street parking off the Stadium Road?

Any peeps staying in the Holiday Inn Express in Waynesboro? The lady checking people in asks everyone if they're going to U2 tonight. lol, she says she's taking a tally.

That's interesting. They've asked me that both in Chicago and Boston at check-in time.

Maybe they're trying to quantify the effect of the U2 stimulus package. :wink:

Stopped by to pick up ticket from Will Call - will head back over soon. I waited a little at the garage entrance, but the motorcade was delayed an hour I think due to traffic. They didn't stop or sign anything (as of 5 or so) on the way in.

Have fun Seth!:wave:

Thanks Iris :wave:

2:30a.m. been back in the hotel room for one hour!

WOW ! What a show:drool:

MUSE was just ok (Please forgive me U2Fanatic:sad:) they did JAM but I don't know....

U2 was just ....... I can't even explain it other than to say Stacey Instant Messaged me from work & I told her "It was so GREAT tonight I am almost in tears w/ joy...."

HOLY SHIT IT WAS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!:drool:

Just posted a Fan Review:up:

"Charlottesville is the first college town on the 360 tour, and U2 will be adjusting their set list to suit a college audience, Berry said, so we may be hearing a few songs that nobody else has heard so far on this tour.
No matter what they do or don’t include in the playlist, Charlottesville will be talking about this show for a while. Tickets are still on sale."

well guess they decided not to mix it up why no unkown caller?????? these guys drop the best song they are playing from new album????
WOnkers come on play 2 1/2 hours and give us some songs we want......

Great show in Charlottesville. Again I was inner circle Edge side. I was able to get it all on video. Usually shows for Charlottesville security is super tight about people recording but it seemed like they didn't care. Check em out

YouTube - godieinhell2's Channel :hyper:

Fantastic show - sec 108 - Q

Muse was stunning IMHO....I had never seen them before, but I felt alot of energy from them. They seem to still have that 'new band thats hungry and getting off on it all' feel.

U2 was,...well they were U2. Perfect show in every way.
ONE thing I am curious about,.....I have not seen U2 since the early 80's,...and really haven't followed them in the last 15 years......
It seems Bono has lost his voice power in some of the more intense vocal sections of certain songs......New Years Day seemed very week, lacking the throaty energy of its roots? Any thoughts here?

It seems Bono has lost his voice power in some of the more intense vocal sections of certain songs......New Years Day seemed very week, lacking the throaty energy of its roots? Any thoughts here?

Time gets every1.
Last tour Bono was running laps all around the stage for WTSHNN.
This 1 he's just doing the front man thing only.

That said - I was remarking how on this crisp cool night - his voice was the best I had heard since ZooTV!

Guess every1 has different interpretations of things.

Dont get me wrong! He was awesome in everyway....

I just havent listened to U2 since New Years day came out! So, naturally when I heard some of the older stuff last night, I was like "hmmm...this doesnt sound the same".

Thats all. Simple observation.

Thanks Iris :wave:

2:30a.m. been back in the hotel room for one hour!

WOW ! What a show:drool:

MUSE was just ok (Please forgive me U2Fanatic:sad:) they did JAM but I don't know....

U2 was just ....... I can't even explain it other than to say Stacey Instant Messaged me from work & I told her "It was so GREAT tonight I am almost in tears w/ joy...."

HOLY SHIT IT WAS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!:drool:

Just posted a Fan Review:up:

you are BANNED.. FOR EVAH...:angry:

Fantastic show - sec 108 - Q

Muse was stunning IMHO....I had never seen them before, but I felt alot of energy from them. They seem to still have that 'new band thats hungry and getting off on it all' feel.

U2 was,...well they were U2. Perfect show in every way.
ONE thing I am curious about,.....I have not seen U2 since the early 80's,...and really haven't followed them in the last 15 years......

How about: Because he was 23 when singing NYD first and now he is 49?
That's a lot of time. 30 years of singing - and mainly shouting in the 80s - does change your voice.

But his voice sounds the best it has sounded in ages right now. It has changed, but he gained a lot of technique.

He still has an incredible amount of energy on stage and is a real presence.

Didn't get in but guess what? My friend and some other students found a place on top of the hill above the stadium so we just sat there with blankets. It wasn't a bad view! Sound prolly not as good as it was from inside but better than missing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom