October 1 - Scott Stadium - Charlottesville VA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I go to UVA, and I'm very interested in organizing the line. I will be at the stadium around 4am. I'm sure we can make this go very smoothly - BUT - we need to come up with a backup plan in case we are forced to leave.

Awesome! I will do it with you (UVA Law student here); email me whenever you get this (cp3sf@virginia.edu)

[Just got back to c-ville from DC]

I think 4am might be a little overkill. I live in Cville too and went to the MD show last night. I got there at 12pm and was number 421. 5pm they let us in and I made it to the inner circle Edge side. I was one row off of the rail. There were three girls who were on the rail and saw the people that was in line with me with number 422 and etc. They asked what time she got there. She got there at 12pm while the three girls in front got there at 6am. There was also a couple behind me who got there at 530 pm. So unless Scott stadium is set up differently then fedex and the inner circle is smaller then I think I'll show up at 2 or 3 pm and see how things go. Unless people have some other info otherwise. I also got vids from the show in MD, check em out
YouTube - godieinhell2's Channel

Not so sure how accurate this is, but just spoke to a person at JPJ (handles calls for Scott Stadium) and she said that GA will be lining up and entering into the North gate.

Also, no beer sold in stadium and no tailgating (she said that this is what the parking passes say, but...)

I just want to get there very early to make sure...I don't know what I'm going to do if the stadium people enforce 3pm...hopefully it will all work out.

I'll be wearing a green shirt that says U2 in huge white letters, and inside the U there is a Joshua tree. I'll also be wearing an Ireland scarf. :) Please come say hi!

Not so sure how accurate this is, but just spoke to a person at JPJ (handles calls for Scott Stadium) and she said that GA will be lining up and entering into the North gate.

Also, no beer sold in stadium and no tailgating (she said that this is what the parking passes say, but...)

yeah it's a dry campus so no beer anywhere. The MD show was awesome because people were drinking up a ton waiting in line and no one cared.

Just drove down from DC this afternoon. I was stupid and didn't buy a parking pass, so I guess I'll be getting there really early and trying to park at John Paul Jones. Any other parking ideas? I just got an email saying everything at Scott Stadium has already sold out.

I plan on parking at the Water Street parking garage in downtown Charlottesville, which is about 2.5 miles away from the stadium. Then I will use the free CTS trolley service to get to and from the stadium. My hopes are that I will be able to completely avoid the traffic in the Stadium Rd/Fontaine Ave/Exit 118 area, and only have to pay the $12 max fee to park in that particular garage. If you're interested in my plan, here is where I pulled all my information from:

Special Event Parking Information, Parking & Transportation, U.Va.

Charlottesville Parking Center

I plan on parking at the Water Street parking garage in downtown Charlottesville, which is about 2.5 miles away from the stadium. Then I will use the free CTS trolley service to get to and from the stadium. My hopes are that I will be able to completely avoid the traffic in the Stadium Rd/Fontaine Ave/Exit 118 area, and only have to pay the $12 max fee to park in that particular garage. If you're interested in my plan, here is where I pulled all my information from:

Special Event Parking Information, Parking & Transportation, U.Va.

Charlottesville Parking Center

Ha - I was just looking @ that too!
My only concern was will it run enough times by the stadium after the show.
It's supposed to stop @ 12 midnight.

Charlottesville : Charlottesville Transit Service (CTS)

Last transmission for a few days. :D Hitting the road for C'ville in about 30 minutes! C u guys tomorrow!!!! :rockon:

Ha - I was just looking @ that too!
My only concern was will it run enough times by the stadium after the show.
It's supposed to stop @ 12 midnight.

Charlottesville : Charlottesville Transit Service (CTS)

Yeah I noticed that too. That is the only flaw in my plan... I figured, worst case scenario, if I can't get on the trolley before midnight, then walking 2.5 miles wouldn't kill me. I'm sure I'll be running on pure adrenaline at the point anyway!! :hyper:

Yeah I noticed that too. That is the only flaw in my plan... I figured, worst case scenario, if I can't get on the trolley before midnight, then walking 2.5 miles wouldn't kill me. I'm sure I'll be running on pure adrenaline at the point anyway!! :hyper:

You gotta figure they will have it run later on the day of an event. Either way, the concert should end just after 11.

Okay, Water Street is going to be my backup. I'll walk if necessary. Thanks!

anybody think about parking at barracks road shopping center? Like park in Harris Teeter lot go into the store buy some stuff and just leave for the show. How do they know if you aren't in there shopping or not?

anybody think about parking at barracks road shopping center? Like park in Harris Teeter lot go into the store buy some stuff and just leave for the show. How do they know if you aren't in there shopping or not?

Oh I don't know, sometimes they don't notice or care but other times people are real assholes and notice how long a car has been there and call to get you towed. Even though the concert is only about 3 hours I probably would be too worried about the car to leave it. I guess it's a chance you take, it will most likely be fine but can't be sure. The cops might be on the lookout for concertgoers coming out of parking lots, it depends on if they're asses or not. The Richmond cops would nail you for sure, not sure about C-ville.

That still a good 1.5 mile walk if you don't know any shortcuts via campus but it is 24 hrs from what I hear & you can always go into there & buy something & walk out right pass the a-holes!

That said, any reason not to park on the streets adjacent to or parallel to the perimeter of the no-entry zone around Scott Stadium? In the neigborhoods that is?

Is it street parking by permit only or what?

That still a good 1.5 mile walk if you don't know any shortcuts via campus but it is 24 hrs from what I hear & you can always go into there & buy something & walk out right pass the a-holes!

That said, any reason not to park on the streets adjacent to or parallel to the perimeter of the no-entry zone around Scott Stadium? In the neigborhoods that is?

Is it street parking by permit only or what?

I don't know, but parking in a residential area for a concert or sporting event at night strikes me as just an awful idea.

If you people get into cville early enough parking on JPA extended should be fine as its all street parking and a lot of students park there too

I wonder if they will allow people to drink while they are waiting in line like in MD, somoene call and ask :hyper:

Ok guys! A LIST HAS BEEN STARTED! An older man started it about an hour and a half ago. I am number 17. I just showered and now I'm headed back to camp out. We were chased from the stadium, but are very close. GET YOUR NAME ON THE LIST AND COME ON OUT! somebody bring a stereo!!!!!

SEE YOU ALL THERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom