October 1 - Scott Stadium - Charlottesville VA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They told me they will have 800 staff members there, and that due to the "safety" and "running" of the university - there will be "NO EXCEPTIONS".

I certainly will not say they will not be strict but I heard the exact same thing about ChiCLAWgo & Major Romi from this site was there more than two days prior to the start of the show:ohmy:

It is a University though so.... I don't know:huh:

We walked into GA/FLOOR for ChiCLAWgo Uno @ 6p.m. was still inner circle/pit six rows back Adam's Side but you want to be FOS:up::up:

I went to go talk to the event staff yesterday

JoshuaTree:wave:

Would you know who to talk to about Ba Ba:hug:

She turned 13 yesterday well on Monday while warming up for her VolleyBall Game she was practicing spiking drills went up landed on her ankle now has a cast on her foot for about a month.....who can I call or talk to about seeing if she & I can be FOS in a special section:cute:

LOL We all have GA for that day.....

Anyone know if there are any (decent) restaurants near the stadium?

One thing I've noticed any time I've ever visited UVa before... the place seems to be void of any chain restaurants - even fast food joints (which in my opinion is more of a compliment than a knock on the area). Just makes it more difficult to know what you're gonna get beforehand. The only place I'm really familiar with is the Downtown Mall area, as I went to a show at the Paramount Theater down there once. It's a nice pedestrian, outdoor mall with lots of great restaurants. Its a couple of miles away from the stadium, so not within walking distance, but might be less crowded before and after the concert. Here's their website:

Downtown Business Association | Charlottesville, VA

I also scope out Tripadvisor, here's a link

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...d=&q=Charlottesville,+Virginia,+USA&cat=&src=

^Thanks - the second link shows some places a couple of blocks away from the stadium - great for a quick bite. I might check out the Corner as well - wonder if I can even park for free on the street around there. I'll probably avoid the downtown area.

scottstadium2092709.jpg

I took this picture earlier today; looking good!!!

What Tickets would you choose?

I have 2 sets of four tickets: Loge 302 Row A or Field GA3 with seat numbers (Fanup). Which would be the best?

In Pittsburgh the floor was awesome for Vertigo, Columbia, SC high football stadium just OK and the best against the stage at Detroit's Grand Circus Theatre for the WAR tour.

Any thoughts? Still need to get a parking pass too?

Regardless it is going to be a great show and worth the wait (bought tickets in April)!

Safe Travels!

Thanks for the pics guys! From ntalwar's pic, it looks like the stage is closer to the grass section in the back (great for those who bought the lawn area, I guess), which is different from the setup designed on line...just wondering if they move the structure later or are my eyes deceiving me?

Counting down the days!!!

U2 fans are the best, but we already knew that!:sexywink:

A fan just gave me their hotel reservation in Charlottesville. Walking distance to Stadium. Whaooo!

I'm so excited!!! And, I gave my extra GA's to a friend from high school that I have not talked to in 20 years. We reconnected on FB recently. We were both huge fans of U2 in high school. I'm so excited and happy that we will see each other at the show.

It's going to be a great week!

DC, Charlottesville, and Raleigh

<--- & Mr. Blu: Charlottesville, Raleigh & Atlanta
Our first ever 3-peat tour. :drool: :hi5: :hyper: :gah: :combust: :faint:

(I'm a bit excited... can you tell? :lol:)

U2 fans are the best, but we already knew that!:sexywink:

A fan just gave me their hotel reservation in Charlottesville. Walking distance to Stadium. Whaooo!

I'm so excited!!! And, I gave my extra GA's to a friend from high school that I have not talked to in 20 years. We reconnected on FB recently. We were both huge fans of U2 in high school. I'm so excited and happy that we will see each other at the show.

It's going to be a great week!

DC, Charlottesville, and Raleigh

You're picking up the baton from here on, Connie!! My penultimate show just ended in NYC :scream: but you're going to DC, C'ville and THEN we'll meet up in Raleigh!! :cabbagepatch:

That will be the last show this year for both of us... :sad:

:hug: Have a GREAT time, and I expect reports and pics from you for DC and C'ville!!

You're picking up the baton from here on, Connie!! My penultimate show just ended in NYC :scream: but you're going to DC, C'ville and THEN we'll meet up in Raleigh!! :cabbagepatch:

That will be the last show this year for both of us... :sad:

:hug: Have a GREAT time, and I expect reports and pics from you for DC and C'ville!!

I'm so excited, but there is a lot to do to prepare for this week logistically. Job, hubby, kids,schools....I'm tired already!

So, how many shows have you seen on this leg of the tour? Here's hoping the go to Philly in 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom