Oakland 11-9 - Ellipse Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beautiful pics Sicy! I loooooooooooooooooooove the Edge ones! :drool: I am so glad that you got in to the Ellipse! And you got to hear Gloria! I ADORE that song...I have never heard it live before.

Rosa she threw water on him from her bottle not the bottle itself.... but she got kicked out because of it...

He was PISSED. It kinda sounded like he was saying "fucking try" or something to that effect but honestly all I could really make out were f words lol :eek:

LOL me too. He was definitely using the f word and he was definitely PISSED. I have told Mike he has a little temper sometimes, and he was amazed lol.

That was a great show! I was lucky to be with Sicy so that I could see the show from inside the ellipse. :hug:

U2 really knows how to energize an audience!

I have several pics on my camera but so far I've been unable to retrieve them or even send them...I'll keep working on it. I know there's a couple good ones in there. :)

Good Times!

Awesome pics, Sicy. The closeups of Edge are really nice!

I saw that whole water incident, and from where I was standing it looks like she was waving it around for more than a few seconds before Bono even noticed, so I don't realize how she wouldn't have known that she was tossing water on everyone around her. It does suck for her, but it definitely looked like she was trying to spray people.

The highlight for me was flirting with a :combust: gorgeous girl. The low was when her boyfriend walked up. :lol:

Seriously though, that was an amazing show. They were in great form (Bono started out a little tentatively but after about 3 songs he was in top form), and the audience was awesome too. Streets just absolutely tore the place apart! Bono spent a good 1/2 minute after the song ended looking out in the audience in wonder - even said "wow!" Plus there were 4 songs I'd never heard U2 play live, and 5 I hadn't heard this tour. I'm thrilled that I got to hear Gloria, Miss Sarajevo, The First Time, Fast Cars and Bad all in one show! When they first started Gloria it took me a while to recognize it, but when I did I had to do a little jump for joy. :D

Great way to end the tour for me!

Awesome shots!! Great camera work!!

And as far as that water incident it looked like Bono was getting hosed onstage - they pack a lot of water in those little bottles! It looked like 2 or3 good bursts got him- he had every right in the world to get mad. Especially for someone in the Ellipse or up front- appreciate where you are and respect the performer! I assumed some drunk male was doing it to him- that's what I get for assuming.

Yeah, I saw it from the mixer and it was hard to tell what happened. I almost thought Bono did it himself because he was holding his own water bottle. Since he was turned around looking at the person I didn't even realize that he was pissed!

Alright, I finallly got the pics off my camera. These are some that weren't half bad, but what can you expect from a camera phone :shrug:

345487%3B523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E%3A47%3E%3B83%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3C%3B%3C7%3B545%3Anu0mrj

345487%3B523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E%3A47%3E%3B83%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3C%3B%3C7%3B545%3Bnu0mrj

345487%3B523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2326%3D%3B38%3D%3C74%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B%3C%3B8%3A6372ot1lsi

345487%3B523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2326%3D%3B38%3D%3C74%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B%3C%3B8%3A6373ot1lsi

345487%3B523232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2326%3D%3B38%3D%3C74%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B%3C%3B8%3A6374ot1lsi

345487%3B523232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2326%3D%3B38%3D%3C74%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B%3C%3B8%3A6375ot1lsi

345487%3B523232%7Ffp333%3Enu%3D3235%3E%3A47%3E%3B83%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3C%3B%3C7%3B5467nu0mrj

Reggie, for me too, we were like 3 people back from Adam for some of the show, and my fiance and I just loved it, he was so smiley and having fun, he gets really into it. I had only ever been on the outside rail or inside the heart last tour but I always stayed to the back, being close to the main stage was a dream.... i loved seeing their expressions up close!!! WOW I cant come down from last nite...at all!!!!!!

Wish I was back in the Bay Area!(boohoo) sounds like everyone had a great time! Did they allow cameras into the show?My brother had GA's for the 1st L.A. show and said they allowed cameras in which I had a hard time believing.
Anyhow thanks for the pics..look forward to seeing them in Portland :):wink:

Reggie you look fine!!

teenie no problems with cameras whatsoever. They just dont like you taking videos or using big professional cameras.

MissMoo said:
Yeah, I saw it from the mixer and it was hard to tell what happened. I almost thought Bono did it himself because he was holding his own water bottle. Since he was turned around looking at the person I didn't even realize that he was pissed!

I saw it from the back too.
And at first I also thought Bono was doing it himself.
'Cause he has done that before.
However his reaction pretty much gave away that it was some-one else spraying the water around.
And that he was cursing that person out.
His body language was pretty easy to interpret.

I feel bad for the girl if it was an accident.
Maybe she forgot to put the cap on the bottle.
Although I must say that it kinda looked on purpose from where I was standing.

It probably caught Bono off guard and got him out of his concentration and that's why he got angry.

But I can't help thinking: Common Bono, lighten up.
It was only water!
You've sprayed water around out of the bottle before.
And it's not like he was squicky clean at that point of the show.
He must have been pretty soak in sweat.

He could have reacted differently.
They could have had a water fight.

Please don't get :mad: at me.

And can I just add that after all you've had to say about making it in the ellipse and that it was so great to meet and see this and that person, I feel so bummed and left out!

:( :sad:

Still happy for you all though.

Sicy said:

Hihihi.
Thank you.
I was so asking for that without asking it.
I'm pathetic.

When the concert ended I stayed on the floor to watch all the people come out of the ellipse, but I didn't see any of you.

Then again, if I would have recognized any of you, I'm pretty certain I wouldn't have come up to you say: "Hi".
Because of an accute shy-ness attack.

I'm pretty sure I walked out a little behind Allidreamsoutloud yesterday, but I just couldn't bring myself that far to tape her shoulder and ask: Are you Alli? Hi, I'm Miringeltje from Blue Crack.
It just sounded really stupid in my head.
And I didn't wanna freak her out.
'Cause she probably has no clue who I am to begin with.
I haven't been around these neck of the woods very long.

Miringeltje said:
Hi, I'm Miringeltje from Blue Crack.

:lol:

Hey I'm pretty sure I've done that before.

It's also fun to have people come up to me and say things like "Hi arent you Sicy!?" :giggle:

It was nice meeting hotpepper yesterday too!

Yeah, I couldn't believe all the people who recognized you (and even some who didn't approach you). They all looked at me like I was some sort of hanger on. It was fun to watch people approach you...Blue Crack Star - Sicy!!!

:laugh: Reggie you're exaggerating now!!

Hi freaky!! It was great to meet you too! :D

Just got home from the bay area. Last nights show was awsome. So, great to see the pics.

I was in the back of the ellipse too. Right near where the girl threw the water. My sister got wet from the water. I too thought it was a drunk guy. Seemed like there were a couple of guys laughing right where the water was thrown. But, she fessed up to doing it. She seemed like she was about ready to cry when they kicked her out. I felt bad for her but, we're lucky they come out to the crowd at all and we should act our best. The whole situation was a distraction, for a little while, from where I was, with all the security asking who it was and so forth.

Great show though. My first in the ellipse

Back
Top Bottom