NFL 2016 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gettyimages-462635618.jpg

Pictured: Bill Belichick getting choked up

I didn't think this game could get better than the sack from hell, but Mariota just threw a damn TD pass to himself...

Saw this posted on Reddit: "I think the Titans gained 2 yards from all of that."

Really glad we got to see a Bills Jags playoff game. Someone had to be happy at the end. Glad it wasn't Buffalo. Though I hope Tyrod is ok.

:dance:

Though I think our chances are pretty slim next week against the Vikings, it's not often I find myself still rooting for the Saints in the postseason, so I'm just kinda happy we've made it this far lol (especially after not having the most auspicious of beginnings to a season).

:beer: :dance: :drunk:

Last edited:
Pats and Steelers spent the whole weekend cackling watching these AFC games. All four teams looked like absolute dogshit for extended periods of time.

Steelers D must be quaking in their boots after watching Blake Bortles throw the ball yesterday.

Should be quaking in their boots if he's rushing for ~100 yards and not turning the ball over. It's proven particularly difficult to beat Jacksonville's defense if Bortles isn't turning the ball over.

Should be quaking in their boots if he's rushing for ~100 yards and not turning the ball over. It's proven particularly difficult to beat Jacksonville's defense if Bortles isn't turning the ball over.

If Jacksonville manages 10 points Sunday, I think the Steelers feel pretty confident.

Yes and Ben thought he was washed up. Something tells me he won't be tossing 5 picks Sunday.

It's a curious thought that, instead of crediting the Jacksonville defense, you point at Big Ben Rapistburger as the reason for their absolute walloping.

It's not like Jacksonville came in second for interceptions, fumbles, points against, sacks, pick-6's, #1 in forced fumble TDs, #5 in turnover ratio, etc. etc. etc.

I'm sure it was all just Big Ben having a bad game.

With Bortles putting up his mediocre numbers of a practically average starter, Jacksonville had the third best point spread in the league behind only a now Wentz-less Philly and the Nude England Patriots. And it's not like they had a Pro Bowl running back, either. I mean, Fournette was great, but it's easy to put up great numbers at RB when your team is always ahead. Speaks volumes about the defense.

Sure, I can't fathom another 5 interception game in the playoffs, but I suspect it's more likely that the Steelers are flirting with a low scoring game, and better hope their defense comes to play, unlike in 3 of their last 4 starts.

In a 10-3 game, calling Bortles "impressive" is hard. However, having watched him at UCF, I would say he demonstrated his usual game control and poise, and if he can be as mobile as he was, that team will be difficult to beat.

I'm taking Jacksonville, but as with my playoff pool points, I went 9/8 on Jacksonville/Pittsburgh. I think they're both good teams with some wiggle room to maybe beat assumed New England.

How's the Steelers D feeling now?

Knew that reaction was coming.
Bortles played a great 4th quarter after being pedestrian through 3 (96 pass yards and less than 50% completions thru 3), I give him total props for that.

Steelers coaching decisions are mind boggling (both 4th and shorts, the decision to kick on side). I am quite pleased with the outcome. Especially seeing the vaunted Jags D give up 42, I welcome them with pen arms to Foxboro next Sunday.

Knew that reaction was coming.

Bortles played a great 4th quarter after being pedestrian through 3 (96 pass yards and less than 50% completions thru 3), I give him total props for that.

Steelers coaching decisions are mind boggling (both 4th and shorts, the decision to kick on side). I am quite pleased with the outcome. Especially seeing the vaunted Jags D give up 42, I welcome them with pen arms to Foxboro next Sunday.

They were playing up the whole time. Jax defense made that possible early on. Bortles didn't commit any turnovers all game.

You can keep doubting them all you want.

Back
Top Bottom