NFL 2013 Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The current front office structure involves him making very view personnel decisions. You claim the team is doomed anyway, purely because he is involved in any capacity at all. To me, that says he's more of a curse than anything tangibly limiting the team through bad decision making.

Granted, he did hire Bruce Allen.

I think they're doomed because he will eventually put his hands on personnel and adversely affect the team, because he can't help it.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

I don't expect much to change next year because our defense will continue to be terrible. But I don't think there's any reason to blame anyone outside of Jim Haslett and our piss poor defensive roster for that.

I think the elimination of the Mike/Kyle conflict of interest can only be a positive for the team.

I think they're doomed because he will eventually put his hands on personnel and adversely affect the team, because he can't help it.

Time will tell.

I think the elimination of the Mike/Kyle conflict of interest can only be a positive for the team.

As do I. The locker room has actively gone out of its way to put itself behind Griffin after all the controversy and it can only help to have an HC that isn't micromanaging every aspect of the game. From what I've heard, Shanahan was so paranoid about his job that he was calling defensive plays throughout the season. He sucked at it.

I like Russell Wilson and everything. He seems nice. But I swear, every time I watch this guy, all he does is stand tall in the pocket for 4-5 seconds and throws a slant to a wide open receiver that racks up 5-10 YAC.

Today, I think his one goal is to get Percy Harvin injured.

Last edited:
Even if the Seahawks hold on here, they've convinced me that they're not the best team in the NFL, not even the NFC.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

I like Russell Wilson and everything. He seems nice. But I swear, every time I watch this guy, all he does is stand tall in the pocket for 4-5 seconds and throws a slant to a wide open receiver that racks up 5-10 YAC.

Have you counted the number of NFL teams whose starting quarterbacks are incapable of doing this? It's fairly large.

Even if the Seahawks hold on here, they've convinced me that they're not the best team in the NFL, not even the NFC.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Their defense has played great.. Their offense was rusty, but Lynch is a monster.

They'll be incredibly difficult to beat in Seattle.

Agreed, but in all likelihood that was the best chance they had, might as well go for it.

No no never ever no.

They wasted their final timeout on a play that was never getting overturned.

It was horrific use of the challenge. The Saints clock management in this game has been very Andy Reid like.

They could have had a Hail Mary opportunity right there. Bad decision by Colson.

Horrible decision. There was time on the clock and more than enough room for him to simply step out. When he didn't walk out, I thought he must've had tons of room in front of him to run. Then he threw the ball and my jaw dropped.

Have you counted the number of NFL teams whose starting quarterbacks are incapable of doing this? It's fairly large.

Do you know how many NFL quarterbacks get as much time to throw as Russell Wilson? In 2012, not a single one. This year, nothing has changed. I'm not saying he's anything less than great at what he does, but he's not MVP level.

Then again, that's a strawman on my part; I don't think anyone is that high on him.

Last edited:
Sure looked like if it were a legal lateral pass, they had a lot of open field on the other side.

Strike that, the receiver on the other side would have been tackled:

MarquesColstonForwardPassFinalPlaySeattle.gif

I'm pretty confident it was a designed play though.

Horrible play by Golden Taint gets trumped by horrinle play by Marques Colston.

I will do three hail marys every night in praise of this taking the heat.

Seahawks drives in the second half:

6 yards
15 yards
4 yards
19 yards
8 yards
TD

As soon as Harvin went out Bevell just melted down. It was incredible individual effort from Marshawn Lynch bailing him out. And Wilson stunk until that final drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom