NFL 2013 Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. Tough loss but I gotta give it to the Packers for getting as far as they did this year.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

For those of you who care about such things: San Francisco opened as a 2.5 point favorite at Carolina.

Within an hour, the line came down to even.

Hail Mary. Watching that drive was beyond frustrating because it became very obvious the Packers were never going to get the ball back, never get another shot at it.

Well. Tough loss but I gotta give it to the Packers for getting as far as they did this year.

Yup. It was a tough loss, bummer to watch (although I had fun watching it with some friends), but at least now I don't have to worry about divided loyalties.

Go Seahawks! ;)

I think one very important positive happened today. I finally purchased myself a cheese head. Makes the whole thing worthwhile.

Jay Gruden is okay as a coordinator, not great, not bad, but I can't see Washington's current climate as conducive to success.

I hate that Peef was finally right in one of his predictions. The hire is pure cronyism on Allen's part and Gruden is the wrong personality for DC. I'd be surprised if he lasts three seasons. Extremely disappointed.

And we're keeping Haslett. Enjoy, NFC East.

Last edited:
You'll forgive me for not adopting that attitude, since there's nothing that can be done about it if the owner the scapegoat. Seems pretty pointless to even watch at that point.

Besides, Snyder doesn't even have an office at Redskins Park anymore and the HC hire has Bruce Allen written all over it. Coaching and personnel decisions all fell on Shanahan over the past four years. This franchise is a clusterfuck on numerous levels.

5Dbr3VZ.jpg

You'll forgive me for not adopting that attitude, since there's nothing that can be done about it if the owner the scapegoat. Seems pretty pointless to even watch at that point.

Besides, Snyder doesn't even have an office at Redskins Park anymore and the HC hire has Bruce Allen written all over it. Coaching and personnel decisions all fell on Shanahan over the past four years. This franchise is a clusterfuck on numerous levels.

:shrug: okay.

I pretended for a little while during the Donnie Walsh era that Dolan wasn't going to ruin the team, too. And then, alas, gravity did what gravity does.

Your owner is awful, and he's the #1 reason why your team can't get over the hump. Blame the coaches and players all you want. It's Dan Snyder. No one else.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

:shrug: okay.

I pretended for a little while during the Donnie Walsh era that Dolan wasn't going to ruin the team, too. And then, alas, gravity did what gravity does.

Your owner is awful, and he's the #1 reason why your team can't get over the hump. Blame the coaches and players all you want. It's Dan Snyder. No one else.

I don't believe in curses. "Gravity does what gravity does" implies a certain kind of fatalism that doesn't apply to sports. Jerry Jones and Al Davis are thought of as horrendous owners that chain(ed) down their franchises, but of course, both won multiple Super Bowls in that role. You can learn things and unlearn them as well.

I've watched this team very closely since Snyder first took over 14 years ago and the front office infrastructure is the closest it's ever been to "normalcy," which even includes a GM. When our new coach was introduced to the media yesterday afternoon, Snyder was nowhere to be seen. It's simply uninformed to say that nothing has changed with Snyder's relationship to his investment.

I don't expect much to change next year because our defense will continue to be terrible. But I don't think there's any reason to blame anyone outside of Jim Haslett and our piss poor defensive roster for that. Believe me, I used to be right there with you, back when Vinny Cerrato was employed.

Last edited:
Excluding Terry Robiskie, our OC in 2000 that took over as interim coach for four games:

Norv Turner - fired during his 7th year of shit

Marty Schottenheimer - fired after one 8-8 season, a huge mistake from Snyder

Steve Spurrier - resigned after two years, from a golf course

Joe Gibbs - resigned after four years

Jim Zorn - fired after two years of being Jim Zorn

Mike Shanahan - fired after four years

Jay Gruden - ?

Snyder has fired four coaches in 14 years, while two have resigned. I still can't believe we let go of a coach that finished his first season with an 8-3 run. A decade on and it's still embarrassing.

Last edited:
I don't believe in curses. "Gravity does what gravity does" implies a certain kind of fatalism that doesn't apply to sports. Jerry Jones and Al Davis are thought of as horrendous owners that chain(ed) down their franchises, but of course, both won multiple Super Bowls in that role. You can learn things and unlearn them as well.

I've watched this team very closely since Snyder first took over 14 years ago and the front office infrastructure is the closest it's ever been to "normalcy," which even includes a GM. When our new coach was introduced to the media yesterday afternoon, Snyder was nowhere to be seen. It's simply uninformed to say that nothing has changed with Snyder's relationship to his investment.

I don't expect much to change next year because our defense will continue to be terrible. But I don't think there's any reason to blame anyone outside of Jim Haslett and our piss poor defensive roster for that. Believe me, I used to be right there with you, back when Vinny Cerrato was employed.

It has nothing to do with curses. It has to do with piss poor decision making.

It has nothing to do with curses. It has to do with piss poor decision making.

The current front office structure involves him making very view personnel decisions. You claim the team is doomed anyway, purely because he is involved in any capacity at all. To me, that says he's more of a curse than anything tangibly limiting the team through bad decision making.

Granted, he did hire Bruce Allen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom