NFL 2012 Part 2...undefeated Falco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
congrats to the chiefs on their win after everything that happened yesterday

I've decided that it was a real dick move for Harbaugh to bench Smith outright. Kaepernick getting benched one week after earning the job would be fantastic.

So if either team has to win, go Rams.

I too am watching the Steelers. They pulled out of the Indy game for this right when the Colts got the ball back. Fucking NFL.

Lost to a lesser team today, and that never feels good. Outplayed them all game until the final four minutes of regulation and the drive in overtime. I gotta give credit to Wilson for stepping up when it counted. But, shit. Big bummer to lose after the miracle Cutler/Marshall play.

God, I love those two. Our Man and Bran played their asses off today.

Get healthy and go kick the living piss and shit out of the Vikings next week. Take it up.

Thanks, Bears. Way to lose to one of the worst road teams in football.

What is this why do people think the Road Hawks are *so* terrible?

They lost by 3 to the Cards, 6 to the Rams, 7 to the 49ers, 4 to the Lions, and 3 to Miami. They beat Carolina by 4 and the Bears by 6. This isn't a murderer's row and let's call it a weakness, but it sounds like they're the Browns or Chiefs, when the Hawks have never been blown out, are always competitive, and were nursing along a rookie QB for the first half of the season.

#churchofwilson

It's not like this is a new phenomenon. What are they, 2-5 this year? That's about average for them every season. I'm not sure if the Seahawks are a mediocre team with a great home field advantage or if they are a good team that is legitimately terrible on the road.

Either way, I wouldn't lock up that Bills game.

What is this why do people think the Road Hawks are *so* terrible?

They lost by 3 to the Cards, 6 to the Rams, 7 to the 49ers, 4 to the Lions, and 3 to Miami. They beat Carolina by 4 and the Bears by 6. This isn't a murderer's row and let's call it a weakness, but it sounds like they're the Browns or Chiefs, when the Hawks have never been blown out, are always competitive, and were nursing along a rookie QB for the first half of the season.

#churchofwilson

Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

The Seahawks aren't a very good team, especially on the road.

Play today's game 10 times and the Bears come out on top 9 times. Road Hawks were dominated for the majority of the game. You squeezed one out. Call it what it is, and go to bed tonight with the realization that your favorite NFL team will never win a Super Bowl, and that your uniforms are garish and embarrassing.

"Mediocre team with a great HFA" definitely describes most of the Hawks' Holmgren glory years from 2003-2007, 05 excluded. Especially with the extra-weak NFC West during that time- I'm definitely jaded about that success. So the Browns picking up Holmgren to run their team was, well, a classic Browns move.

But....they're 4th in per-play computer measures like DVOA this year and Chicago is 5th, so with the close road losses I'm pretty confident they've had some bad luck and conservative game planning.

Play today's game 10 times and the Bears come out on top 9 times. Road Hawks were dominated for the majority of the game. You squeezed one out. Call it what it is, and go to bed tonight with the realization that your favorite NFL team will never win a Super Bowl, and that your uniforms are garish and embarrassing.

:) Good luck fending off Green Bay.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
You do, but you also have the "all the hype is about RG3 the press doesn't respect us" bullshit that I'm sure coughlin has been using all week.

So, yea... I don't know where to go on that one.

The Giants are trying to be nice, is the thing. It's fucking hilarious because even the praise that the D is showering on RG3 and the respect Cruz is paying the Skins (they're a good team! Worth being in the conversation) is absolutely infuriating the Skins fanbase, like they're screwing with the team's head or something.

Tuck did make that moronic remark about the Skins' O stalling without RG3 (would Carr take the Giants to the promised land? lololol) but otherwise they're keeping negative remarks to themselves. JPP probably doesn't want RG3 running his way anymore.

But ultimately, it doesn't matter. The better team will win because they played better, not because of bulletin board material.

You know, it's too early to call, but I think Peyton deserves MVP based on his play so far. I love Brady, I think it's incredible that he's playing at the level he is, but Peyton recovered like a boss. It's like he never left. Hell, he looks even tougher mentally than he did a couple years ago. That deserves recognition.

Peyton's also taking a team to the playoffs that Tebow took there last year. Not to take anything away from how well Peyton's played, but that has to be part of the consideration as well.

Brady takes the Pats there every year.

Are there other players in consideration? Ever?

If you mean non-QB's, not often. Peterson would be if his team was playoff bound.

I'll shamelessly keep plugging my guy Rodgers. Non-existant running game, serious problems with pass protection compounded by the loss of Bulaga (and now maybe Lang), and injuries to top WR's Jennings (missed most of the season) and Nelson, who was re-injured again today. Odds are stacked pretty heavily against him, and yet his team is in first place and he entered the week as the highest rated passer in the league. Is he as sharp as last year? Not really. But how many games do the Packers win without him?

I'm very nervous right now, I'll just let you guys know that since we're family and all.

Regarding MVP, it is too early as LM said, but, if forced to choose today, I'd go with Peyton. But I wish I could go with AP, what a season.

Thanks Seahawks for winning, though if they get the 6th seed, I feel bad for whichever team gets screwed out of the playoffs because of the Fail Mary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom