New Jersey Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave: Sorry I couldn't be around, went to watch Harry Potter 7.5 and now I come to see what happened -- WHAT THE FUCK? OUT OF CONTROL?!?! What a show, Steve must be going fucking crazy. :up:

They are definitely saving the best ending for Moncton! :drool:

Would someone mind telling me where I can find the whole setlist in one list, rather than sorting through a huge thread? Thanks! I am new to this site and trying to learn where everything is. :)

No hold me thrill me kiss me kill me = fuck that

Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me doesn't even hold a candle to...Bad, Gone, Love is Blindness, Exit, The Unforgettable Fire, Acrobat, Bullet the Blue Sky, Running to Stand Still, Out of Control or basically every other song on the list (with possibly one or two exceptions)...it's a mediocre to decent song at best and how some fans (and some band members) consider it otherwise is mind boggling.

Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me doesn't even hold a candle to...Bad, Gone, Love is Blindness, Exit, The Unforgettable Fire, Acrobat, Bullet the Blue Sky, Running to Stand Still, Out of Control or basically every other song on the list (with possibly one or two exceptions)...it's a mediocre to decent song at best and how some fans (and some band members) consider it otherwise is mind boggling.

Its like you took the words right out of my mouth. Thank you! Its a terrible song from a terrible film. And I really, really miss "Running to Stand Still" BIG TIME!

Been to +20 shows this tour, but tonight was a highlight! 26 songs played, 2 1/2 hours runtime: You don't have that too often from U2.

Band in great mood, ridiculously hot weather! 40 would have been a great treat, but no complaining here after such a concert! One of the best of the tour for sure.

Greatest show ever

For all you haters
funny-animated-gifs-bouncing-newscaster1.gif

RandyMarshJizz-1.jpg

bonoumad.jpg

It wasn't that hot.. Kept getting a nice breeze in the stands

Its like you took the words right out of my mouth. Thank you! Its a terrible song from a terrible film. And I really, really miss "Running to Stand Still" BIG TIME!

Turn in your fan cards at once. :|

A friend who was on the front rail says:

"Bono almost fainted at one point, the heat was tough"

He did say either .... he felt faint, or felt like fainting.....

I didn't see what happened (not zoomed in on stage at that point)
but i think he sort of excused himself and maybe that's when (b/c I
heard people react in the crowd ) from you describing it here -- he dumped the water over himself.while it's not the hottest weather here ( yet :uhoh:)
its pretty damn hot for an Irish lad!!!

and yeah the show was smokin'!
screamed to opening of EBTTRT, UTEOFW, Magnificant, of course ZOOROPA
and not knowng about the set list
- when they started up with a song (any song AFTER MOS)
to have it be OOC ...... wooooooowwww def screaaaaamed. LOVE it, so great her it once in a while. sounds as beautiful as ever. Even better...they add a subtle difference in last & this time :heart: hearing it!!! :hyper:

(not the biggest fan of Bad nor 40 - it worked for me! :wink:)

heard people react in the crowd ) from you describing it here -- he dumped the water over himself.while it's not the hottest weather here ( yet :uhoh:)

and yeah the show was smokin'!
screamed to opening of EBTTRT, UTEOFW, Magnificant, of course ZOOROPA
and not knowng about the set list
- when they started up with a song (any song AFTER MOS)
to have it be OOC ...... wooooooowwww def screaaaaamed. LOVE it, so great her it once in a while. sounds as beautiful as ever. Even better...they add a subtle difference in last & this time :heart: hearing it!!! :hyper:

Bono almost couldn't hang!

Good thing the show was last night 115 today...

Bono went down below during the Stay intro and had Edge give the story. Bono was wearing the black Tshirt and the black button up. He went down to take off the Tshirt.

I think almost all of us felt faint.

BTW, I love Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me! It's fun. I played it a lot when I had an internship in DC so it has memories for me.

This was an awesome show. GA in the pit, slightly right of center on Adam's side. Had 5 other people with me so we cleared out some room and made friends with the rest of the crowd surrounding, so we weren't sardines at all. Got to the parking lot around 4pm or a bit earlier. Smooth ride in over the Verrazano, Goethals and Tpke. It was very sunny, not too humid though but 4 of us went through a 24 pack pretty quickly. Cranked out a few drunken posts from the parking lot then at 5:30 we started the walk from J6 to the doors. The moment of truth- were the 4 tickets I bought from the shady guy on Craiglist legit? We get to the scanning people and all 4 of us got an X that said invalid on the scanner. I was the last one to go. The scanning guy says you need to go over to the ticket booth and get them validated. SHIT. Right next to us, another person not in our party got the same X, but a manager type guy comes over, scans it and says let her through. I hop right on and make it as if we're with her and he lets us in. I'm guessing the scumbag who sold the tickets to me must have got a refund.

We grab some more beer, head into the pit and met a group of real cool people. Hung out drinking, talking and my cousin shows up at around 7/7:30. I was thinking there's no way he's gonna get into the pit so late, but they walked right in. Show finally starts at 9:20 with our whole crew going apeshit for the first 5 or 6 songs. (They slightly died out when the new stuff came on). Much better opening than the 2009 shows!

Loved seeing Zooropa live finally. Great performance. A couple of times through the night Bono had heat problems. The first I think was introducing Stay. He looked like he was about to vomit and said Edge, finish explaining I gotta do something and ran off the back of the stage. Edge talked for a bit then Bono came back to finish by explaining the song was first called Sinatra. Edge then accidently starts Stuck in a Moment. Everyone laughs and Bono corrects him. The next problem he had was right after Pride. he wanted a break and started walking to the bakc of the stage but Edge started Miss Sarajevo already so Bono came back and gave Edge some sarcastic shit about being a good buddy and bandmate and he needed a break. lol

He seemed a bit more subdued for some songs later- skipping some singing in spots but nothing too bad. He looked zonked through during Batman. he didn't move much at all. The smoke guy just deluged him for 90% of the song, then he finally got up on the wheel and gave a nice swing. I like Batman and was nice seeing it live again, but it doesn't have the energy of UV- crowdwise or performance wise. Wish we could have gotten both.

MOS predictably had people walking out, taking pictures with eachother as if the lights had already gone up. At the end I thought he'd do the rap but he took some paper out of his pocket, put it on the stage and read/ sang whatever was on it. I couldn't hear what though.

I thought they were done, I hadn't looked at the spoiler. The OOC. That got the pit going apeshit one more time. Very long show- glad I got The Fly and Magnificent instead of either/ or. Probably my best 360 show. I was pumped early and didn't pace myself. Voice was gone by Zooropa, felt like I got hit by a truck by With or Without You. Overall great show. Looking forward to the 2013 rumors!

This was an awesome show. GA in the pit, slightly right of center on Adam's side. Had 5 other people with me so we cleared out some room and made friends with the rest of the crowd surrounding, so we weren't sardines at all. Got to the parking lot around 4pm or a bit earlier. Smooth ride in over the Verrazano, Goethals and Tpke. It was very sunny, not too humid though but 4 of us went through a 24 pack pretty quickly. Cranked out a few drunken posts from the parking lot then at 5:30 we started the walk from J6 to the doors. The moment of truth- were the 4 tickets I bought from the shady guy on Craiglist legit? We get to the scanning people and all 4 of us got an X that said invalid on the scanner. I was the last one to go. The scanning guy says you need to go over to the ticket booth and get them validated. SHIT. Right next to us, another person not in our party got the same X, but a manager type guy comes over, scans it and says let her through. I hop right on and make it as if we're with her and he lets us in. I'm guessing the scumbag who sold the tickets to me must have got a refund.

We grab some more beer, head into the pit and met a group of real cool people. Hung out drinking, talking and my cousin shows up at around 7/7:30. I was thinking there's no way he's gonna get into the pit so late, but they walked right in. Show finally starts at 9:20 with our whole crew going apeshit for the first 5 or 6 songs. (They slightly died out when the new stuff came on). Much better opening than the 2009 shows!

Loved seeing Zooropa live finally. Great performance. A couple of times through the night Bono had heat problems. The first I think was introducing Stay. He looked like he was about to vomit and said Edge, finish explaining I gotta do something and ran off the back of the stage. Edge talked for a bit then Bono came back to finish by explaining the song was first called Sinatra. Edge then accidently starts Stuck in a Moment. Everyone laughs and Bono corrects him. The next problem he had was right after Pride. he wanted a break and started walking to the bakc of the stage but Edge started Miss Sarajevo already so Bono came back and gave Edge some sarcastic shit about being a good buddy and bandmate and he needed a break. lol

He seemed a bit more subdued for some songs later- skipping some singing in spots but nothing too bad. He looked zonked through during Batman. he didn't move much at all. The smoke guy just deluged him for 90% of the song, then he finally got up on the wheel and gave a nice swing. I like Batman and was nice seeing it live again, but it doesn't have the energy of UV- crowdwise or performance wise. Wish we could have gotten both.

MOS predictably had people walking out, taking pictures with eachother as if the lights had already gone up. At the end I thought he'd do the rap but he took some paper out of his pocket, put it on the stage and read/ sang whatever was on it. I couldn't hear what though.

I thought they were done, I hadn't looked at the spoiler. The OOC. That got the pit going apeshit one more time. Very long show- glad I got The Fly and Magnificent instead of either/ or. Probably my best 360 show. I was pumped early and didn't pace myself. Voice was gone by Zooropa, felt like I got hit by a truck by With or Without You. Overall great show. Looking forward to the 2013 rumors!

It was a sign for Clarence Clemons. Bruce was at the show.

And you should somehow find that scumbag from Craig's List and rip him a new one.

Been to +20 shows this tour, but tonight was a highlight! 26 songs played, 2 1/2 hours runtime: You don't have that too often from U2.

Band in great mood, ridiculously hot weather! 40 would have been a great treat, but no complaining here after such a concert! One of the best of the tour for sure.

:up:

I was surprised it started late and lasted about 2:30 hours.

but it was a great night.

:)

It was a sign for Clarence Clemons. Bruce was at the show.

And you should somehow find that scumbag from Craig's List and rip him a new one.

Yeah, the green sign he brought up from the crowd for for Clarence. But, near the end of MOS where he'd normally do the rap, he unfolded a piece of paper and read off it. I'm sure it'll be on youtube soon enough.

The guy from Craigslist is more that likely never to be found again. But, whatever, we got in.

Where did you sit? Were you out in the lot before hand? We were in J6, it was empty when we got there an figured it's close to the exit for a quick runner. We just set up shop behind my truck and drank until 5:30

BTW, I love Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me! It's fun. I played it a lot when I had an internship in DC so it has memories for me.

I was praying to hear HMKMTMKM, and screamed and jumped up and down when I realized they were going to play it. I think the people around me thought I was nuts until the song kicked in and they realized what it was. I guess that's what happens when you listen to too many show bootlegs. :D

they wore the LED jackets last night during the middle of the show. figures, when Bono is about to have a heat stroke and pass out during Elevation and Pride, lets all go throw on a jacket that's got lights on it!

popacrobat said:
they wore the LED jackets last night during the middle of the show. figures, when Bono is about to have a heat stroke and pass out during Elevation and Pride, lets all go throw on a jacket that's got lights on it!

they are LEDs, they aren't going to put out heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom