New Edge-like Strat 4 me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Always great to get new gear. I have this new Stratocaster coming. I'm not sure if it's the same finish as TheEdge's new Strats (his look darker) but it's close. I will have a better idea once the guitar arrives.

It's a 60th Anniversary Stratocaster. Seems like a cool guitar with a cool rarer finish (Blizzard Pearl).

I'm stoked to get / play it!

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Seems the color... But now you need to change the neck and install a '70 style rosewood neck

Enviado desde mi iPad con U2 Interference

Nah, I doubt I'll swap out the neck. I'm good with it as is.

He's got two. One with the black pick guard and maple neck... One w/ white pick guard and rosewood fretboard. After looking at Edge's more, I think his is Inca Silver.

So this one might not be exact but still a cool guitar at a great price.

Really nice guitar, E_O! I know it's not Olympic white, but it's definitely got some Hendrix vibe to it. except the sparkle, of course. I wish I had starts with unusual colors like seaform great or graffiti yellow (Jeff Beck's favorite color, i suppose).

E_O, are you planning to switch pickups or you think that stock ones are just fine?

Not sure if I will swap out the pickups or not. It hasn't arrived yet. If the stock sound fine... I'll leave them. Although, it could always pop in some Kinman's, Lollars or something later, as an upgrade.

I have an all black MIM Strat that I got used, for a song, a while back. I figure that I will keep that one in E-flat and the new one/this one in standard E.

I have the same think with the two Tele's that I have - The all black Custom is in E-Flat and the blonde Cabronita is in standard E.

If you wind up swapping the pickups, don't forget to look into Lindy Fralin. His pickups are amazing.

I really want to try Lace Sensor PU (don't care about color) out someday! I love the tone one it, honestly rather than the noiseless PU Fender is sung nowadays

nice strat EO it looks great. i have 3 mim strats all play great and sound slighty
different .one is a HSS strat. Mack_Again i have a set of fender gold lace pups
but yet to put them in a strat. i really liked edges 'lovetown' era when he used
the gold lace sensors on a good few songs. early strat plus guitars had the
various lace sensors pups but they were not to everyones taste but they certainly
cut through alright.

I've heard some on the various U2 guitar boards. Ok plain about Edge's Love Tone (using Gold Lace Sensors).

I think those naysayers got it wrong. I liked the sound.

That said, he used the yellow, the red, and the charcoal 'snake/skeleton' Strats a ton on Love Town - and not only on Strat songs either. He used them for some songs more thought of as Gibson songs, like "I Will Follow".

I had a Clapton with Gold Lace Sensors. I had to sell it at one point (sadly). But I will probably replace it at some point.

I think what's good about Lace is the fact that it's so clean (meaning no noise and no annoying top-end in regular strats especially ones made in 70s). Even Lace Sensor Red sounds awesome.

Back
Top Bottom