New Album Discussion: Worthwhile, Informative, And Not Even Slightly Grating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's from 2009. He could have joined since then.

Edit: I just realized that he singles out this account. So never mind.

From @u2...Yeah, @atu2 re-tweeted a Brian Eno tweet. The Brian Eno account wasn't verified officially by Twitter to my knowledge, but Matt (McGee) framed the re-tweet saying he's pretty sure it's Eno's real Twitter handle.

From @u2...Yeah, @atu2 re-tweeted a Brian Eno tweet. The Brian Eno account wasn't verified officially by Twitter to my knowledge, but Matt (McGee) framed the re-tweet saying he's pretty sure it's Eno's real Twitter handle.

well, they really ought to read thru some of this "Eno's" other tweets... :rolleyes:

Where does he say that the I'mBrianEno account is fake? i can see they mention Brian_Eno but not the other one?

I mean i know its pretty obvious its fake but would like to see where he confirms it.

, but Matt (McGee) framed the re-tweet saying he's pretty sure it's Eno's real Twitter handle.[/I]

o_rly.jpg

the good news: January is only 2.5 weeks away, and they're supposedly hitting the studio in January. new rumours! :hyper: #foolishexpectations #dashedhopes

#itllalmostcertainlybedelayed #interferencewillbeinterestingin2012 # hashtagsftw

Trent Reznor should produce their sound. Dark U2 is always more interesting than a happy go lucky U2.

I would agree back in the 90's but a dark U2 sound just wouldnt convince me anymore given their age. They've been through it all. Unless they start making songs about reflecting on regrets they've had in their lives or fears of growing old. If its dark I want it to be done with a purpose that we can feel and not just some technoish dark synth noises in the background for the sake of sounding dark and different.

No, it's just speculating based off of the U2Valencia tweet or facebook update that some gear was being moved out of Hanover Quay. And that article just speculates that the equipment is being moved to another location where they'll record the album, like they recorded No Line on Morocco.

Per google translate:

U2valencia brings about some suspicious movements to Hanover Quay Studios in Dublin, we remember being in recent years, the actual headquarters of U2.

Our friends u2market speculate that this is indeed the possibility of moving some manipulation of the band to a new location for a possible recording session for the new album.

This, in fact, had already happened in the past with the last album, when you move the band 'currently in Morocco.

We'll see what will happen in the coming hours.

So, all we actually know is that some equipment (not even necessarily musical equipment) was taken out of the Hanover Quay studio?
Don't want to be cynical, but it might not even be u2-related :( Even if it is, it could just be something mundane like tidying up the studio or something...

Out of curiosity, how long after the Vertigo tour did u2 unofficially start work on NLOTH? And how long after the Elevation tour did they start on HTDAAB? I'm wondering when we should expect them to start again properly on the next project.

No, it's just speculating based off of the U2Valencia tweet or facebook update that some gear was being moved out of Hanover Quay. And that article just speculates that the equipment is being moved to another location where they'll record the album, like they recorded No Line on Morocco.

Per google translate:

Yeah I googletranslated it too but it usually s*cks. Anyway. I hope we'll have the new album by the end of this decade :D

Back
Top Bottom