National Hockey League 2011-2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Word has it Alexander Galimov's condition (90% burns to his entire body as well as internal burns to his lungs and liver) has not only stabilized but he has come out of the coma and was responsive. Doctors sound optimistic, and his case depends on fighting infection from the internal burns to his organs. Been placed back into a medically induced coma.

Word has it he was saved by a fisherman's boat, and he was conscious and responding at the time. Man, that must be scary. Word on Sizov was stabilization and transportation to a specialty clinic as well.

KHL commissioner Medvedev asked the league's other teams yesterday to send their best players to Lokomotiv. Word around town from the NHL is that they might contribute as well. Alexei Yashin has said in the midst of an NHL comeback that he's ready to return to Lokomotiv now.

Word has it Alexander Galimov's condition (90% burns to his entire body as well as internal burns to his lungs and liver) has not only stabilized but he has come out of the coma and was responsive. Doctors sound optimistic, and his case depends on fighting infection from the internal burns to his organs. Been placed back into a medically induced coma.

Word has it he was saved by a fisherman's boat, and he was conscious and responding at the time. Man, that must be scary. Word on Sizov was stabilization and transportation to a specialty clinic as well.

Jesus.

Correction - the flight engineer, Alexander Sizov, was found in the water trying to drag a body to safety despite a cracked skull, shattered hip, and burns on 30% of his body.

Sounds like of them are still in critical condition, but the fact that they're still going looks good. Apparently today and tomorrow are supposed to be the key days in Galimov's survival, and as far as Sizov goes there hasn't been much talk but it's my understanding that he's in a much better condition in terms of burns.

Galimov has died too :(

ETA: I read either yesterday or earlier today that the president or owner of Lokomotiv has refused to take any players, and said the team would not play this year...

Yeah, Lokomotiv will apparently return for next season.

RIP Alexander Galimov, last survivor is now the flight engineer Alexander Sizov. Apparently his condition was still critical at the time of being the accident, however his injuries aren't nearly as bad or similar to Galimov's. He only had burns on 15% of his body, so my assumption is that head trauma is probably Sizov's major case with a fractured skull. He was fully conscious and searching for other survivors after the plane crashed until some fishermen pulled him out of the water, apparently. Word has it Sizov was down under with the luggage at the time of the crash. Could explain his fate as opposed to the others.

Probably still a very serious case, but had Galimov survived it would've been nothing short of a miracle. At least he doesn't have to live a life full of suffering and misery, may he rest in peace.

I think the grim calculation is your age plus the percentage of your body that is burned has to be less than 100 in order to have any hope of survival. So, sadly or hopefully, children are more capable of surviving severe burns.

I hope no one suffered too badly. What an awful event.

Awesome :up: Looking forward to watching some Hockey again, The season is timed really well as the Australian Rules footy season finishes the week before the hockey starts :hyper:

Headed to Europe on Monday. Despite the nature of this business trip, I believe I will only get to see the Rangers play Frolunda in Goteborg. And hopefully a little bit of the Rangers/Flyers game on Monday night.

Oh hey look... one day into the preseason and the Florida Panthers are 1-1! And so are the Nashville Predators!

First doubleheader in NHL History!

I love hockey, but I just can't get into it this time of year. Football and baseball take up pretty much all of my sports attention. I'll start paying real close attention to hockey usually around the all-star break.

I love hockey, but I just can't get into it this time of year. Football and baseball take up pretty much all of my sports attention. I'll start paying real close attention to hockey usually around the all-star break.

If I was in into our WNBA team, the Minnesota Lynx (which are kicking ass), I could go almost another month without much hockey. But, the Twins have sucked hard this year, and I'm tired of being disappointed by the Vikings.

Go WILD!!!

I didn't wear my jersey to the game on Tuesday, but I did wear my Canucks t-shirt. There was an absolutely PSYCHOTIC child sitting behind me who was kicking the back of my seat and screaming constantly in a very high pitched voice. She very nearly ruined the whole evening for me, but finally her mom changed seats with her. Thank jeebus.

Canucks won, so that was nice. It was a split squad night, so some of the team were in Calgary, some were at home, and all of the big names had the night off, which was a bit disappointing. Oh well - I'll just have to go to a regular season game so I can see the usual guys play.

Problem for the Panthers... but a good one! Huberdeau looks so flipping good right now! Do we waste a year before his ELC and bring him to the NHL now?

Price isn't doing so well yet. :crack:

Tonight we play Boston, so you think they might put out some of our better players. Not so much!

^ Yay! I hope they lay as many charges as possible on that asshole!

For the record, London is NOT usually like that and I still can't quite believe it... Maybe it's the brother of the idiot who threw the waffles in TO last year.

^ Yay! I hope they lay as many charges as possible on that asshole!

For the record, London is NOT usually like that and I still can't quite believe it... Maybe it's the brother of the idiot who threw the waffles in TO last year.

It was a dude in his 20's, and who da thunk, he's actually remorseful of his actions. Probably remorseful that they caught him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom