my bloody valentine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
With the power of Soulseek, I've been able to get loads more MBV than I already have. Now I've got:

Only Shallow
Soon
Instrumental A
Feed Me With Your Kiss
Cigarette In Your Bed
When You Sleep

All very impressive songs. Anyone else into them?

I've been wanting to look into My Bloody Valentine.

Magnet magazine did a special on "shoegazing" music and My Bloody Valentine was their #1 band in the article.

i was into them a couple weeks ago while listening to them at the radio station and then these rap guys came in and started speaking in rap-language and started throwing promo stuff every which way and i forgot to investigate any further

It is your duty as a music lover to go out & purchase "Loveless" by MBV. It will change your life!

HeadsOnSticks said:
It is your duty as a music lover to go out & purchase "Loveless" by MBV. It will change your life!

:yes: :yes:

An incredible album. Especially "Blown a Wish" and "What you Want"...

See, I'm not the only one here with good taste in music. Well, besides mofo & gickies! :lmao:

I downloaded a few songs. I like them, but they're going to take a little while before I figure out how much I like them. (I personally think this is a good sign. I usually do this with everyband I end up being fanatical about. At the same time I may end up realizing I dont like them as much as I though)

u2popmofo said:
I downloaded a few songs. I like them, but they're going to take a little while before I figure out how much I like them. (I personally think this is a good sign. I usually do this with everyband I end up being fanatical about. At the same time I may end up realizing I dont like them as much as I though)

Which songs? Because "Only Shallow" is the only song that really grabbed me at first off Loveless, but now I love the whole thing.

Squid said:

Which songs? Because "Only Shallow" is the only song that really grabbed me at first off Loveless, but now I love the whole thing.

I downloaded Only Shallow and Blown a Wish.

Neither of them have particularly "won me over" but I do like them.

u2popmofo said:

I downloaded Only Shallow and Blown a Wish.

Neither of them have particularly "won me over" but I do like them.

Ah, excellent choices. Give them time, and eventually their sonic brilliance will shine through... :up:

mbv are great.

for a contemporary mbv-type experience, try manitoba's new album, 'up in flames.' It's like a fusion between the chemical brothers and mbv.

and it's dern gut.

i'm listening to mbv do 'only shallow' live at the paris olympia.

it's an absolutely horrible recording. i've heard crappy bootlegs but this takes the cake. unless it's the guitar that's making all that noise. :) just love that drum bit though. rat-a-tat-tat.

Back
Top Bottom