Muff Diving Clubhouse, Muff, Donegal Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not doing too badly. The Aussie U2 Show put on a pretty good gig, though from the start the venue had plenty of loud drunks so they were playing to them (at Clifton Hill, they seem to start with a "fan" setlist playing to a fairly small crowd, then by the end they do a hits parade as the venue's filled with loud drunks).

SET ONE
Wake Up intro
1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo / That "I want to rock and roll all night and party every day" song (snippet)
3. Elevation
4. Push (snippet) / Until The End Of The World
5. New Year's Day
6. Beautiful Day
7. I Will Follow
8. American Pie (snippet) / Angel Of Harlem
9. One Tree Hill (full 1989-12-26 style, :fuckyeah: )
10. Bad / Sympathy For The Devil (snippet)
11. Desire

SET TWO
12. The Saints Are Coming
13. Sunday Bloody Sunday
14. Sweetest Thing
15. Pride
16. Where The Streets Have No Name
17. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
18. One / Walk On (snippet)
19. With Or Without You / Babyface (snippet) / Shine Like Stars (snippet)
20. All I Want Is You / (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (snippet)
21. The Fly

God, I'm predictable.

And hi Ax. :wave:

In case you're curious, I had a pint of Guinness and a pint of Kilkenny. I'd say that Kilkenny probably has a better taste, but I found that by the end of it, it got weaker than the Guinness. Plus the Guinness lasts better in the mouth. So overall I'd say I find them relatively equal and I'd order whichever's cheaper.

Beer, by the way, is far too fucking expensive. But at least you get more for the same price you'd pay for a glass of (probably not very good) wine.

What is this about exactly, Ashley?

And hi Ax. :wave:

Not a single one of my close friends made plans for my birthday. The only person who even seemed vaguely interested (until I sent a semi-angry text to my friend Megan) was my ex-roomate, who I actually spent a lot of time hating on in my Temple Bar days, though now she and I get along pretty great.

You know, as much as I'd love bands like U2 and Porcupine Tree to play longer setlists, I think I'd be fucked after standing and rocking out for eight hours.

Yeah, it'd really fuck you over.

The normal people on the other hand. :lol:

Dude, you need to go download Rift. The title track has this really cool vocal interaction thing between Trey and Page going on.

I think I should just go back to bed, this day already needs to start over

Yeah, it'd really fuck you over.

The normal people on the other hand. :lol:

Dude, you need to go download Rift. The title track has this really cool vocal interaction thing between Trey and Page going on.

Normal people would go buy a beer, sit down, and fall asleep.

I presume this concert, although eight hours long, consisted solely of four songs and the longest drugged-out jam sessions known to man?

I'd get around to it quicker if there were any Phish albums on Sordo.

How much were the pints, Ax?

Hey Ax, I just found a Phish set that went for nearly EIGHT hours.

:lol:

Pfft, that's nothing. Mark Mallman once did a show that lasted a day or two! Although granted, he isn't as well known outside of Minnesota, and I only know of him from a friend from Minneapolis, but still. Phish's set is very impressive though, especially for a band as well known as they are.

Normal people would go buy a beer, sit down, and fall asleep.

I presume this concert, although eight hours long, consisted solely of four songs and the longest drugged-out jam sessions known to man?

I'd get around to it quicker if there were any Phish albums on Sordo.

Well.

Meatstick -> Auld Lang Syne, Down with Disease -> Llama, Bathtub Gin, Heavy Things, Twist -> Prince Caspian > Rock and Roll, You Enjoy Myself, Crosseyed and Painless, The Inlaw Josie Wales, Sand -> Quadrophonic Toppling, Slave to the Traffic Light, Albuquerque, Reba, Axilla, Uncle Pen, David Bowie, My Soul, Drowned -> After Midnight Reprise, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Bittersweet Motel, Piper -> Free, Lawn Boy, HYHU > Love You > HYHU, Roses are Free, Bug, Also Sprach Zarathustra > Wading in the Velvet Sea, Meatstick

Which isn't really that long, to be quite honest.

Excuse the quality, but time for another Phish YouTube clip, this time from the worst show in their history!

YouTube - Phish Wading in the Velvet Sea, Coventry/Big Cypress

You live to poison, eh? :wink:

No, I just want to rock and roll all night.

Actually, I want to headbang to metal, and probably not all night because that'd leave me feeling rather bad, but close enough.

No, I just want to rock and roll all night.

Actually, I want to headbang to metal, and probably not all night because that'd leave me feeling rather bad, but close enough.

Can't imagine how your neck would feel in the morning. :yikes:

$6.80 for the Guinness and $7.80 for the Kilkenny.

Christ! I would have thought they would be the same price, at least. I know it's a way off and maybe somewhat inconvenient, but the P.J. O'Brien's on the Southbank Promendade, assuming it's the same as the one in Adelaide, has $5 pints for both of them on Fridays and I think Saturdays too. That's all I really know as far as Melbourne goes, though! Can't remember how much the pint from that place we went to was.

Christ! I would have thought they would be the same price, at least. I know it's a way off and maybe somewhat inconvenient, but the P.J. O'Brien's on the Southbank Promendade, assuming it's the same as the one in Adelaide, has $5 pints for both of them on Fridays and I think Saturdays too. That's all I really know as far as Melbourne goes, though! Can't remember how much the pint from that place we went to was.

Yeah, it struck me as odd that they were different prices, but what do I know. The place we hit was $8, and at Clifton Hill, $5 - but Guinness was on special all of August, so I've no idea of its normal price.

Well, headbanging is the only banging he ever does.

So I just got owned.

Well.

Meatstick -> Auld Lang Syne, Down with Disease -> Llama, Bathtub Gin, Heavy Things, Twist -> Prince Caspian > Rock and Roll, You Enjoy Myself, Crosseyed and Painless, The Inlaw Josie Wales, Sand -> Quadrophonic Toppling, Slave to the Traffic Light, Albuquerque, Reba, Axilla, Uncle Pen, David Bowie, My Soul, Drowned -> After Midnight Reprise, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Bittersweet Motel, Piper -> Free, Lawn Boy, HYHU > Love You > HYHU, Roses are Free, Bug, Also Sprach Zarathustra > Wading in the Velvet Sea, Meatstick

Which isn't really that long, to be quite honest.

Excuse the quality, but time for another Phish YouTube clip, this time from the worst show in their history!

YouTube - Phish Wading in the Velvet Sea, Coventry/Big Cypress

Yeah, that really isn't that long a setlist. It'd be enough to do a 3 hour U2 show. But eight hours? Fuck they must've done some long jams.

That doesn't seem like a bad performance, so why do you call it their worst show?

So I just got owned.

Yeah, that really isn't that long a setlist. It'd be enough to do a 3 hour U2 show. But eight hours? Fuck they must've done some long jams.

That doesn't seem like a bad performance, so why do you call it their worst show?

There kinda isn't meant to be a break in the middle. XD, and some songs were even worse (Down With Disease with Trey playing guitar with glowsticks, the total botch of Glide, urrgh, improvisational songs about various crew members, playing the first part of With in the wrong key, etc, etc.

Yeah, some songs in that set were like, 35, 40 odd minutes.

So I'm trying to see if I should go to the show again tomorrow. It will mainly just be to see the dog breeds, but the program doesn't talk of any specific breeds, just of a "Sunday Special" or something at the Dog pavilion. I'm not sure what that means. Should I risk it and hope they have some kick arse dogs there? Because I might go a couple of days more during the week - definitely this coming Friday, as they're having Newfoundlands then and I hope to talk to a breeder about a deal we could make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom