Mousehold Heath, Norfolk, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeeees, that's exactly how mine looked. i was bummed over how fast it faded, too. i got the blue and green done the same time. the blue stayed some shade of blue for a little bit, but it seems like the green looked awful after the first time i washed it.

though i've now found the best way to have funky hair and it not fade. i currently have some pink and purple in. :D

Ooh, when I did mine purple it lasted forever! :up: I find light blue tones wash out the fastest. The blue I did looked awesome for a day, then like crap for about 4 weeks. I'll not be doing that again!

This sort of thing fascinates me every year:

Top NZ baby names for 2009 - life-style | Stuff.co.nz

Huh, and yet I've never met any Kiwi male with either of the top two boys' names.
:yikes:

Ooh, when I did mine purple it lasted forever! :up: I find light blue tones wash out the fastest. The blue I did looked awesome for a day, then like crap for about 4 weeks. I'll not be doing that again!
yeah, same here. red fades kinda fast too but it fades into pink, so i usually just dye it darker than i want it to look so it'll fade into awesomeness instead of crap.

I'll second this, though I think Brooke is a rather nice name.

I especially can't stand all the bogan misspellings of Michaela here. Mykaela? Come ON.

Yeah, Brooke is nice. I have a thing against names which are actually places, though! :lol:

Oh fuck that shit. :crack: I HATE stupid mispellings with a huge passion.

Yeah, Brooke is nice. I have a thing against names which are actually places, though! :lol:

Oh fuck that shit. :crack: I HATE stupid mispellings with a huge passion.

Me too. Though if somebody called their kid Ougadougou, that might be cool.

You're telling me you don't want to change your name to Schaer-Loht? :ohmy:

That's what I thought!

What next? Beatrice, Doris, and Eunice suddenly become popular for girls?
exactly! all i can figure is people are honouring grandmothers or something which is fine, but names like that should be reserved for use as a middle name only!

Ah, I did mine red and it faded to...ginger. :no:
yikes! that's one shade of red i've made sure to avoid. very few people on earth look good with hair like that.

exactly! all i can figure is people are honouring grandmothers or something which is fine, but names like that should be reserved for use as a middle name only!

I'll second this!

Though speaking as somebody with a grandmother named Eunice, as much as I love her and think she's one of the coolest members of my family ... I would never even give a child that name as a middle name. I'm just not that cruel!

The entire family, including my Nan herself, makes fun of her name.

I'll second this!

Though speaking as somebody with a grandmother named Eunice, as much as I love her and think she's one of the coolest members of my family ... I would never even give a child that name as a middle name. I'm just not that cruel!

The entire family, including my Nan herself, makes fun of her name.
:lol: yeah. i'm named after both of my grandmothers, though thankfully neither name screams 1800s, though the combination is hilarious.

though i like what ian's parents did. he's named after his dad john, and his sister has his mom's name as her middle name. though those are parents and not grandparents, it's slightly unique i think. :hmm:

:lol: yeah. i'm named after both of my grandmothers, though thankfully neither name screams 1800s, though the combination is hilarious.

though i like what ian's parents did. he's named after his dad john, and his sister has his mom's name as her middle name. though those are parents and not grandparents, it's slightly unique i think. :hmm:

Yeah, that works. :up: My middle names are my father's name and my grandfathers' names, which I quite like. My father was in turn named after his two uncles who died in the Tangiwai disaster, Douglas and John (luckily with Douglas as the first name). If my parents had had a daughter, she would've been given my mother's name and grandmothers' names as middle names.

My father wasn't entirely keen on so many middle names for me actually, but ... I think it's cool. As I've said before, one of my grandfathers' names isn't yet legally in my name despite my mother wanting it there, but I consider it there, and next time my passport comes up for renewal, I'll get onto the deed poll thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom