Mount Typo, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's the new Manics stuff like?

A bit experimental? Only one electric guitar on the entire album, mostly acoustic, lots of varying instruments, an instrumental about a Welsh castle feat. theremin, a few guest vocalists.

I think it's really good, miles better than Postcards and just about on the level of Journal For Plague Lovers. There's really no rock song on the whole thing, the 'biggest' song being 30 Year War.

If you liked the second half of This Is My Truth there is a high likelihood you will enjoy this.

I remember Tolerate was the only song I really bothered with from that album for a fair while, but through further listens I uncovered so much I have no choice but to have it as my second favourite of theirs. It's not an immediate record apart from the singles.

This would have to be one of my favourites from Rewind the Film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3KshP3rMk8

Ahaha shit oh dear, how about this story folks: US nearly detonated atomic bomb over North Carolina – secret document | World news | The Guardian

I remember Tolerate was the only song I really bothered with from that album for a fair while, but through further listens I uncovered so much I have no choice but to have it as my second favourite of theirs. It's not an immediate record apart from the singles.

This would have to be one of my favourites from Rewind the Film.

Tolerate is still the only song from that album to leave much of a mark on me. I enjoy the album when it's on but afterwards I don't recall any other songs particularly strongly.

As for the new tune, not bad - but probably going to need more than just that to rope me in.

We could have had a DT listening party? :sad:

I forgot the new one was out. I'm intrigued. Obviously, I've enjoyed a few of their last albums, so I'm not jumping off a bridge yet...

...though your posts aren't making me too anxious to get on this.

We could have had a DT listening party? :sad:

I forgot the new one was out. I'm intrigued. Obviously, I've enjoyed a few of their last albums, so I'm not jumping off a bridge yet...

...though your posts aren't making me too anxious to get on this.

Given you didn't hate the last albums like I did, I think you will enjoy this one. I definitely think you'll back me up on The Bigger Picture not being a bad track.

It's awesome. It's one of the top three of the year for me so far.

Chvrches, Savages, and Warpaint hell yes! On balance I think I was more excited for the last two line-ups but this one's still pretty sweet. Really looking forward to it.

Tony Martin is a goddamn genius. If Wil Anderson is my favourite comedian, Justin Hamilton the best comedian (in terms of the actual art of comedy, the skills) then Tony Martin has to be the funniest comedian (though I'm loathe to call him that as he's obviously much more). He could seriously take 10 names out of the phone book and make a hilarious show.

I saw a recording of a Sammy J. & Randy show on Go or Gem or something a few weeks ago, and loved it... makes me miss Wednesday Night Fever. Did that get cancelled?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom