More New Album talk from the Space Moon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for you guys: Do you think that if the new album, as a whole, is not up to par to what U2 considers "great", that they might decide not to even release it? Bono did say on Letterman, "Why does the world need a new U2 album [unless it's great]. There are plenty of them already." Those words really hit home with me. It got me thinking that if the album doesn't meet their standards, they could very well not release it. Thoughts?

No. They released HTDAAB.

It's the same bullshit hyping and hyperbole we get every time. I really don't get why people still fall for it or even believe a single word. There's no use in taking any of it seriously, it's a waste of time and energy. I'll judge when I have the album in my hands and listen to it. It will be released either way, and Bono's hyperboles are not going to change it.

It's far from the same hyping we've got in the past. And yes everyone, it's OK to get excited... no on is harmed

It's far from the same hyping we've got in the past. And yes everyone, it's OK to get excited... no on is harmed

Maybe some things are a bit different, like how Bono is much more quiet these days... but the hyperboles and the "people don't need another U2 album so it must be great" "god walking into the room" bullshit is still the same.

Maybe some things are a bit different, like how Bono is much more quiet these days... but the hyperboles and the "people don't need another U2 album so it must be great" "god walking into the room" bullshit is still the same.

True. I guess that's just the Bono we're stuck with

Those things that make you feel stuck with him are the same ones that make him magical and brilliant, so don't complain about'em too much.

keep-calm-and-ignore-bono_zpsf5ba861c.png

The Mandela movie premiered in South Africa yesterday, I read on Twitter that Bono sent a note to the producers, thanking them for letting U2 be part of the project. Maybe we'll get a leak online soon, now that the movie is out :hmm:

The Mandela movie premiered in South Africa yesterday, I read on Twitter that Bono sent a note to the producers, thanking them for letting U2 be part of the project. Maybe we'll get a leak online soon, now that the movie is out :hmm:

Hopefully it's in full over the credits then, rather than a snippet over a scene like North Star in Transformers. Winter from Brothers leaked (at least in bootlegged form) a few days after the movie release.

So, calm before the storm? Minimal amount of replies and views on this thread.... It hasn't been so quiet since a year...
:ohmy:

I like the NLOTH version of Breathe a lot more.

Me, too. I also like that it has a more general theme than the Mandela version ans is also more poetical and less direct. But the movie version isn't bad overall.

And contrary to what many seem to think, I still believe Breathe was a great opener at the 360 tour.

He referred to knowing that a magazine was going to get a rating of a 2 and subsequently referred to it as "the 2." When that magazine ended up giving them a 5/5 instead of a 2, he claimed he wasn't talking about a rating and was actually referring to the band as "the 2." It was the stupidest thing you've ever seen in your life.

I never knew this. Holy shit, this site just keeps on giving. You're like this forum's Herodotus, or at least you would be if you said that Pleba was guarded by flying snakes.

For more information about "the 2," here's the original thread:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f196/regine-moylett-rmp-last-scoop-i-promise-193058.html

It's at the bottom of page two that he refers to "the 2" (rating) being a review in next month's edition of Q magazine (in contrast to the top notch review it seemed to get in the previous edition). This was after his original post said it would be a three. On the third page, someone calls him out for the inconsistency in what rating NLOTH was going to get, and he backtracks saying he meant to call U2 "the 2." Bullshit ensues.

True he kept true to his words! :lol: as idiotic as everyone said it was.

Funny, on one of the last pages, a guy named Waltdisney claimed he had heard the album. And what he says sounds pretty correct too. Stand up being lyrically weak, magnificent and crazy being big(well they did end up being singles).:hmm: Wonder if he'll be back for the next album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom