More New Album talk from the Space Moon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So do we have any thoughts on a deadline or date where if we don't hear news about album it's not a spring release?

NLOTH was released in March and we got articles about it in December. We got the single in January.

So I would think if we hear nothing by Xmas, then possible no spring release. But easily could drop on is in January (info that is).

So do we have any thoughts on a deadline or date where if we don't hear news about album it's not a spring release?

NLOTH was released in March and we got articles about it in December. We got the single in January.

So I would think if we hear nothing by Xmas, then possible no spring release. But easily could drop on is in January (info that is).

I think if we haven't heard anything by mid-december, we're in for a mid to late 2014 album

unless we start kidding ourselves about a surprise release again. I was still clinging to hope of an October 2013 release in late August. ("maybe the single will drop surprize like!!1!!")

foolishness.

I think if we haven't heard anything by mid-december, we're in for a mid to late 2014 album

unless we start kidding ourselves about a surprise release again. I was still clinging to hope of an October 2013 release in late August. ("maybe the single will drop surprize like!!1!!")

foolishness.

Yeah, I agree though I still believe April could be a possibility. In that case, I would say that deadline would move into Late January.

We know they planned a tour starting in that time. So the album should be out by then.

Unless they're planning to delay it NLOTH-style or go Chris Thomas on Danger Mouse, but no such news.

Yeah, I agree though I still believe April could be a possibility. In that case, I would say that deadline would move into Late January.

Ture.. a January announcement and April release would follow past release patterns, good point.

:lol:

I have to admit, I'm holding off on planning trips next year until I see some tour dates. I might be in the mood for a road trip down the west coast to see some shows.

I have a feeling after the Ordinary Love release at the end of the month, things will start moving quickly, maybe some confirmed album release information towards end of December, they may be ready to get some kind of single out by January and go with spring release, summer tour. I think it really is about timing and tour scheduling now.

Seems we have been waiting a long time though :doh:

I have a feeling after the Ordinary Love release at the end of the month, things will start moving quickly, maybe some confirmed album release information towards end of December, they may be ready to get some kind of single out by January and go with spring release, summer tour. I think it really is about timing and tour scheduling now.

Seems we have been waiting a long time though :doh:

The one nice thing you bring up is that at least when we have a new song to instantly love, then disect, then be told that it's awful, then have endless arguments over whether the people that like the song are blind sheep or not.........the time will pass and suddenly we'll have an album announcement. Then we can start the process over again.

Yes, I also believe that, once things are starting to get started, everything will be happening quite quickly. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to all the excitement, I'm quite scared about the announcement of tour dates, tickets going on sale and such. I truly believe we'll have at least a promo tour in 2014 and a "proper" tour in 2015, but U2 won't release an album without a tour starting as soon as possible afterwards.

I'm looking forward to Ordinary Love now. It will keep people talking for a while and U2 can come out with album news around Christmas. So we all have something to be excited about over the holidays.

And approximate ticket prices so that I can start rationing my family's access to food and medicine.

:lol:

I book business trips around '2's schedule - I wish they'd get on it.

the lightsaber duel between Edge and Darth Mandela will be spectacular, and in 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom