Mofo In Toronto!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:
Well, one of the people in Toronto said the rehearsal of Mofo sounded like straight-ahead rock and roll, so maybe it's been re-invented and re-worked a bit ...? :shrug:

That sounds so hot. :combust:

Axver said:
Well, one of the people in Toronto said the rehearsal of Mofo sounded like straight-ahead rock and roll, so maybe it's been re-invented and re-worked a bit ...? :shrug:

That's how the song started. Straight ahead Mofo might be epic.

ruffian said:

disco.gif

luckycamera.gif

pelvic moves :drool:

oh YEAH BABY...GIVE IT TO ME...MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!:drool: :sexywink: :love: :crazy: :giggle: :faint:

anyone got a cigarette??? oh wait I don't smoke...:wink:

GibsonGirl said:
I should have kept my tickets for Saturday. :grumpy:

3+ phenomenon!!! Never sell your tickets for the third, fourth, and so on show..... poor you... ...feel sorry for you...
...Wish I were in Canada right now...

Axver said:
:faint: A dream coming true..... :combust:

By the way, they may not play Mofo tonight or in the next show or in the show after that one so I hope people don't go crazy because they didn't play it right away. They may only play a few shows into this leg but they are rehearsing it and so we have a big chance to hear this one again and that's awesome!

marietta said:
so what have they played in Vegas that was off the set list before? Elivs song?

Nothing much really. I don't see why anyone thinks Las Vegas is going to get some kind of special set.

Well, on Popmart, the Las Vegas set is special for the sole reason it's the first show and would've been changed next show no matter where they played (Popmart LV has one of six Do You Feel Loved and the only full band If God Will Send His Angels).

Elevation had Can't Help Falling In Love sung by Bono between One and Walk On.

So they haven't really done that much special just because it's Las Vegas.

I'm really, really afraid that this place is gonna turn nasty if they don't play it tonight :hmm:

U2Man said:
I'm really, really afraid that this place is gonna turn nasty if they don't play it tonight :hmm:

No, no no. Haven't you noticed how lovely we've been?? If the setlist stays the same as Monday's.....well, then it might get a little ugly. I'm just hoping Discotheque is played....
:hyper:
:combust:
It'd be a nice change.

U2Man said:

I'm going to pop a bag of popcorn for this set list party I think

Steve

it's far too early in the tour for ugliness. :tsk:
hopefully people won't get their panties in a wad at this stage...

TheBrazilianFly said:

By the way, they may not play Mofo tonight or in the next show or in the show after that one so I hope people don't go crazy because they didn't play it right away. They may only play a few shows into this leg but they are rehearsing it and so we have a big chance to hear this one again and that's awesome!

Well, that would be the sensible thing. They may have not had enough time the yesterday or today to perfect it to their standards. It may need more work still.

But since when has this place been known for logic and reason? :wink:.

MrBrau1 said:

There's a tape playing a bass part.

There's a tape playing at least 2 guitar parts.

There's a drum tape.

The backing vocals "been round the back, been round the front" are tape.

And someone under the boards plays keys. Unless that's tape as well.

It's the Robocop of U2 songs live.

1. True, but its technically a keyboard playing the bass line, it doesnt even sound like bass. Adam played his own separate bass line live, different from the keyboard line.

2. There was only backing 1 guitar backing sequencer, very light underneath. The main part (747 guitar, and scratching were Edge live)

3. There was no drum tape. Larry played to a click track (that did not go through the PA), but no tape.

4. True, Edge sang over them though. Like he does with the Holas in Vertigo now.

5. This is true of just about every single song U2 does and has done since Unf. Fire.

I think it would be cool if they did it. Maybe they are taking my suggestion of a POP encore instead of an Achtung encore. I suggested Mofo and Discotheque versus Zoo Station and The Fly in the encore. Would be cool if they did it to me. :shrug:

MrBrau1 said:

There's a tape playing a bass part.

There's a tape playing at least 2 guitar parts.

There's a drum tape.

The backing vocals "been round the back, been round the front" are tape.

And someone under the boards plays keys. Unless that's tape as well.

It's the Robocop of U2 songs live.

this is correct. has anyone seen the Popmart Sarajevo video? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom