Miss Sarajevo: Rate It!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MISS SARAJEVO: Rate It

Votes: 17 27.0%

Votes: 15 23.8%

Votes: 12 19.0%

Votes: 6 9.5%

Votes: 1 1.6%

Votes: 4 6.3%

Votes: 4 6.3%

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I think MISS SARAJEVO is a great song! But I have seen some criticism of it so I wanted to see what other people think. I know the Best of...version is edited and mixed a little different, but I'm talking more of what you think of the song whether it be Passengers version or Best Of... version.

According to another poll, most people have both Best Of.....1990-2000 and Passengers.

I'd give the Passengers version a 10 and the Best Of version a 1. I know that's incredibly harsh, but I just think the edited version edits out too much beauty and it's just wrong to scar a brilliant song like that.

i'm giving it a ten because although it is shorter, it's still a beautiful song. i was listening to it on the way to school and was almost in tears because it was so beautiful, esp. during luciano's solo, where's he's saying "l'amore..." it's just so :eek: and powerful and emotional.

layton, i thought you said you didn't even have the album? or had you heard the "new" version online? i figured from your post in the greatest hits review thread you'd only heard the new mixes.

Last edited:
Definately one of U2's finest accomplishments! Hauntingly beautiful. Watching its use in the history mix DVD almost made my choke up.

Wow, I love this song, always have! I am used to the Best of Version as I have the single. I love it! Great addition to the album!:yes:

Layton said:
I'd give the Passengers version a 10 and the Best Of version a 1. I know that's incredibly harsh, but I just think the edited version edits out too much beauty and it's just wrong to scar a brilliant song like that.

:yes: :angry:

I gave it a 5. I can't believe it's Bono's favorite song. It's not horrible, but I think it is over praised.

It's true I don't have the Best Of album, but I've heard this version of Miss Sarajevo at U2.com and I believe this version was the single or radio edit of the tune when it originally came out

WOW, the vast majority of people here, 57% rate MISS SARAJEVO a 9 or a 10!

though i don't won Passengers, i'd still give both versions a 7. Very nice song, a lot of groove and style and soul. I find the message in the song and the video to be sad and very thought provoking. I have the image of the beauty queen in her gown in my mind and i want to say a prayer for them, still.

Very lovely song, nice gesture

This is has been a favorite since I first bought Passengers, I also have this shorter version on the Pavarotti and friends cd and I have always loved it. It also cracks me up since my husband is from Italy, when he hears it, he just goes off and sings along with Luciano and it's hilarious!:lol:
so I rated it a 9

Back
Top Bottom