MERGED-->Full track listing on U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i acctually must agree with you, deep down i realyl just want the Edge to post some more here...hehe:wink:

Lancemc said:
I'm still amazed that the Edge is acctually posting here on Interference, answering our questions and stuff. It's so surreal. Can't get over it

U2 are a special group and special people. They have always had a love affair with their fans, so this is not out of context with the way they treat their fans. It is very cool and exciting I agree.

Yea Edge posting makes all my depression go away, but makes me so happy I feel like crap :| :lol: Could go puke, I swear, oh well, as long as it's for him, it's ok :D :hug:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i leave the computer for 2 hours so i can go work out and Edge's post total triples in my absence :madspit::wink:

left for 12 hour shift - Edge runs rampant in interference - still informative as I know know what a "pooka" is - can now add to everyday vocabulary:)
tracklisting - even though I have not heard the songs - rocks

Miracle Drug is by far the one I'm most excited about, with exception of the nine other tracks

Moteuchi said:
Goodnight the edge, thanks for the news! I hope to read you tomorrow ^_^

off-topic

Moteuchi, you have best screen name, ever

and I hope read Edge.......... someday

The Edge said:

Bono is more of a pooka than me!:shifty:

...hours after this was posted by Mr. The Edge...

EstellaNero: OMG I KNOW WHAT A POOKA IS
EstellaNero: it JUST CAME TO ME
AchtungEdge: lol what??
EstellaNero: a pooka is a large, invisible rabbit that follows people around.
AchtungEdge: whaa? lol
EstellaNero: "Harvey" in the movie HARVEY is a pooka
AchtungEdge: oooh! lol!
EstellaNero: a six foot invisible rabbit that is someone's best friend
AchtungEdge: lmao
EstellaNero: I dare you to post this convo
AchtungEdge: LOL! no way
EstellaNero: DO IT
EstellaNero: it would be SO funny
AchtungEdge: he'd hate me
AchtungEdge: I'm sure I scare him already
EstellaNero: omg WHY? it's HILLARIOUS! It took us THAT LONG to figure out what a pooka is! POST IT OR I WILL EAT YOUR BRAIN!!!!

So I had to post it. :eek:

"Fast Cars" is the most made-up bullshit I have ever heard.

The day U2 names a song "Fast Cars" is the day I smash the CD to bits and shove the shards up my rectum. :|

ok, this working thing for me has got to stop, because I always miss when the edge is online.

*prepares quitting speech for boss*

:madspit:

*remembers is self-employed*

:banghead:

Edge, I love you man.

I notice that Edge seemed to feel a lot more comfortable with being in here. I'm glad you guys hashed all the issues out in the other area a bout how to address him online etc. Just keep it short and sweet...just like if you were having a normal conversation out in the street. He was probably thinking "they've gotten used to me now", so hopefully the "blue crack" will take hold..REALLY:)

Like they said..wonder if and when the media will pick up on this and spoil our "luminous times" in here!

*SHHH*

Re: tracklisting revealed! its official!

dabiggestu2fan said:

5. City Of Blinding Lights

So is this a song about Chicago? I mean Bono told us fans at the Chicago shows last tour that he'd write us a song on the next album. Oh wait.....we all know Bono tells every city that. But I did actually believe him that night with the number of times he said Chicago and how much he loved the city. Great performer that Bono is, such a pooka. U2 needs to play a club show in Chicago while I'm thinking of it. :wink:

The Edge

Hola The Edge :wave: well, it´s easy for you to realize I´m not an usual fan who says "I love you The Edge, You´re the best, U2 always will be the best band in the world, etc, etc", since I´m a musician and I produce my own songs. I´m very critical with my songs, as well as with the music I listen, so, thinking as musician and producer, I always think in how would have been better a certain album. For example, "Pop" has been perfect if it would have included single versions of "Last Night On Earth", "If God Will Send His Angels" and especially "Please", besides changing the tone of "If You Were That Velvet Dress" "Wake Up Dead Man" and to sing it to the style of Pop Mart and Elevation Tour.

I always think a truly great album must comunicate something, in many different ways: For example, with "The Wall" we have a fantastic double LP, with several concepts, some of them more obvious, and some more hidden, making a deep album, that kind of albums you must listen from the first song until the last one if you want to aprecciate the whole album, like "Sgt Pepper´s Lonely Hearts Club Band", "Plastic Ono Band", "Ok Computer" and other ones.

With other albums, sadly, we just have a couple of hit singles ( always the first songs of the album ) but then... filler songs.
A casual U2 fan can think that about "Joshua Tree" or "All That You can´t Live Behind" just checking the tracklisting. But with "Joshua Tree" that guy will find a deep album, with extraordinary non-singles songs like "Running To Stand Still", "Exit", "Bullet The Blue Sky", because I think "Joshua Tree" wasn´t work at 11 singles album.
But... ( sorry Edge but I want to be honest and please respect me ) ATYCLB was that 11 singles style album, making an LP without depth, without a universe of sounds , without concepts, without continuity, etc giving for result an album easy to listen, but lacking of merits to become a disc escencial nor classic.

So I´m wondering
what about this new album ?
What should we have to hope with this new album ?
What do you hope with this new album ?
What´s the sense of that tracklisting ?
What U2 are trying to comunicate with this album ?

Please The Edge, don´t answer "Raw album, rock guitars, etc" you´re a truly genius on guitar, so that kind of answers of answers is not worthy of somebody like you.

And another question:

For so many fans, specially ones who collect bootlegs, South America was without a doubt the best leg of the whole Pop Mart Tour. Truly great performances in Brasil, Argentina and Chile ( specially in Santiago, far better than Mexico City 1997 ), sold Out Stadiums, great audiences, etc.

why have not U2 played in South America again?

Take Care my friend :wave:

Re: Re: tracklisting revealed! its official!

eep said:

So is this a song about Chicago? I mean Bono told us fans at the Chicago shows last tour that he'd write us a song on the next album. Oh wait.....we all know Bono tells every city that. But I did actually believe him that night with the number of times he said Chicago and how much he loved the city. Great performer that Bono is, such a pooka. U2 needs to play a club show in Chicago while I'm thinking of it. :wink:

Actually, I am guessing that Vegas is this COBL.

I'm not getting any sleep at all thank you Interference!

But Big Love to you all indeed!

I love all the details we're getting on the tracks, too cool!

I hate to feel it but now I'm a bit embarrassed for going on about "heavy as a truck" in ES, after seeing Edge say
"heavy mother". Must be a musician thing :shrug:

All you pookas (I love learning new words!) were pretty amusing tonight...
cheers and sweet dreams!

Last edited:
On ATYCLB, u2 crammed all the singles to the top of the list, with BD, Stuck, Elevation, and Walk On. They were all singles. Do you think they will follow suit with the BOMB? I mean, Vertigo is the first single and we've heard a minute of miracle drug. That definetly has potential to be a second single.

YAHWEH......yes!

Can't wait, wouldnt mind an instrumental myself....u2 are legendary at insturmentals......could be good

ORIGINAL OF THE SPECIES......so it appears after all

MIRACLE DRUG.....i preferred XANAX and Wine as a title myself....

NATIVE SON.....i'm dissapointed, even if it has changed to something else.....it was a good name...

ONE STEP CLOSER.........One Step Closer to KNowing, glad they shortened the title but it reeks of linkin park....

intedomine said:

ONE STEP CLOSER.........One Step Closer to KNowing, glad they shortened the title but it reeks of linkin park....

It does, but at least they didn't take it further and name it "One Step Closer To The Edge".

:wink:

Sorry, I had to do it. :lol:

Last edited:
Guys how can you comment on the titles of the tracks? Without listening to any of U2's stuff and just hearing all the title tracks, they all suck! The title will capture the mood of the song, without experiencing the mood to begin with, the song titles are meaningless.

I know, you just have to chuckle when so and so says "I can't believe they left off 'insert song here'" when they haven't even heard the song yet.

There many songs by many artists that have "cool" titles and the songs suck, and vice versa.

I can tell you firsthand that people were saying "Acrobat? That sounds ridiculous" Well, that song turned out okay. And if there were a song called 'Red Light' some people would probably really want to hear it to. Until they heard it. :wink:

Acrobat is an excellent song. As for the songs on this new album I'm going to wait and hear them before I make judgement. I remember seeing the title Kite on the last album and going "What the F#$%?" And then I heard the song and said;
"Its unbelievable!!"

So I'll wait and see. So far though with VErtigo we are off to the right start.

I think the reason people comment on U2 title tracks is because 95% of the titles are the chorus to the song.

Back
Top Bottom